Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

If only the mutants of Krakoa and the X-Men were actually as morally dubious as many have claimed they'd have thrown these psychotic abominations into the sun already.

It's gonna be weird when Old Woman Laura sees her husband. Honeatly can't wait.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

so ruining the bitter sweet ending for Synch and Laura - got it.

the whole point of the krakoa era is (or was) that all of this is transitory and nothing lasts forever and in this case: love

this relationship was us with the krakoan era and that even this too will be gone; but the x-office wants the relationship to continue so they bring her back so they resurrect her.

but then again I'm waxing poetic as a Hickman fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    I have no problem if Everett gets back with Laura. But two Laura’s is going to be interesting.
    Agreed. Intrigued about where this is going. Really liking Forge here too. The art was awesome as well. For me, the team of Cyclops, Jean, Magik, Synch and Forge works well. Iceman, Firestar and Havok I’m not as sure about on this squad. Especially the latter if he’s just there to be an insecure loser next to his older brother for drama’s sake. We’ll see I suppose…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    If only the mutants of Krakoa and the X-Men were actually as morally dubious as many have claimed they'd have thrown these psychotic abominations into the sun already.

It's gonna be weird when Old Woman Laura sees her husband. Honeatly can't wait.
    Now they were married in the Vault? Damn, this is escalating quickly. And who married them? Is that one of Darwin's adaptability powers? Any kids? lol

I understand this was just a figure of speech, but it just makes the plot of them surviving in the Vault seem even sillier. I don't know how many Children live in the Vault, but I'm assuming it is at least thousands, and more like tens of thousands. Maybe hundreds of thousands? In any case, it is overwhelming numbers for three mutants--any three mutants--to survive. Particularly these three mutants who are not spies and cannot blend in. I'm trying to picture them hiding in the Matrix, but without Neo's power of the outside help from the Nebuchadnezzar.

I think maybe Mystique or the right spy type mutant could blend in for a long time. Maybe! At least that explanation would make sense to me. But I hate that it is handwaved as Synch telling everyone that they somehow fought a running battle (that never stopped?) for centuries. It doesn't make sense when the Children would simply be like:

Guard 1: Miss Seraphina, we have them on Block 1234. Should we send in Third Brigade. That's a thousand soldiers, ma'am.

Guard 2: No. They already killed a bunch of us. They're really good fighters. We nuke the block?

Seraphina. Of course, you shouldn't nuke the block! There are a thousand Children on that block. (beat) NUKE THE SECTION YOU MORON! Make sure you get them and we can clone whoever gets caught in the blast.

The Children also just put a strong distaste for one aspect of krakoan era in my mouth. One of the things that Res Protocols really did is turn the mutants into the Children. Neither has any concern for their own lives or the lives of their comrades. They have no sense of self, because they see themselves as interchangeable with their clones. That makes them all truly cogs in a machine to serve the State's purpose, rather than individuals.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...wait he was? can someone share that image?
    Here you go!
    https://thumbs-us-east-1.myalbum.io/...5d172ac46e.jpg

Everett was brought back the page before and then we see them. Either the X-office screwed up or they just decided to ignore the panel for the sake of this story.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Here you go!
    https://thumbs-us-east-1.myalbum.io/...5d172ac46e.jpg

Everett was brought back the page before and then we see them. Either the X-office screwed up or they just decided to ignore the panel for the sake of this story.
    Yeah it's probably that. Like when they ressurected Petra and Sway before the Waiting Room. Small error but I'm ok with that one. Let's say it was Greymalkin being ressurected at the same time as Laura for another completely unrelated reason and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Yeah it's probably that. Like when they ressurected Petra and Sway before the Waiting Room. Small error but I'm ok with that one. Let's say it was Greymalkin being ressurected at the same time as Laura for another completely unrelated reason and call it a day.
    There you go. Works for me!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Alright I got a theory where Darwin could die even with his powers (without just doing a First Class thing where he just dies for no reason):

Logically, a scenario in which Darwin is eternally tortured would be a fate worse than death, therefore his powers could interpret the only way to escape a fate worse than death is by dying.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Alright I got a theory where Darwin could die even with his powers (without just doing a First Class thing where he just dies for no reason):

Logically, a scenario in which Darwin is eternally tortured would be a fate worse than death, therefore his powers could interpret the only way to escape a fate worse than death is by dying.
    Or they just overwhelmed him with too many deadly effects at once until his body reached a limit where it could no longer adapt enough. There really is no need for overly complex thinking.

Super powers are supposed to have limits for the sake of maintaining a sense of stakes and danger for heros, so obviously his would have too.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Or they just overwhelmed him with too many deadly effects at once until his body reached a limit where it could no longer adapt enough. There really is no need for overly complex thinking.

Super powers are supposed to have limits for the sake of maintaining a sense of stakes and danger for heros, so obviously his would have too.
    Yeah. They don't really do this anymore, do they? lol

'Hey Goldballs! Go lay another egg..."
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Amazing Member

So this does indeed confirm they are clones and follow the same logic as any other system of cloning. Duggan wrote a marvel unlimited comic where maggot had one of his two maggots brought back while it was still alive and Emma killed the redundant maggot. I assume the discussion next issue will be which Laura to kill so there is only one. Maybe they back up both them again and kill both and then make a third with merged memories? That would be a twist!

But personally I believe they vote to kill the younger Laura synch will reveal his aging and he and old Laura will walk back into the vault to guard it from the inside for the rest of time (or till krakoa ends whichever comes first)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I wonder if this weird relationship Duggan is creating between Magik and Firestar is going anywhere or if will continue to just make Firestar the butt of jokes about how she used to be an Avenger. First there was her complaint that taking orders from Magik was just like taking orders from Captain America, now she gets kicked out of the fight at the first sign she's in danger and dumped on the Avengers' lawn.
    It’s important to remember that Duggan did not want to write fire star in the book. During the Twitter poll he was constantly saying “vote for anyone but firestar” it breaks his entire narrative goal from the first year that an avenger is on the team. If they wanted more support from the public why didn’t they just put an avenger on the team in the first place?

He is being forced to write a character he has no real plans for and probably doesn’t like

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramega1 View Post
    It’s important to remember that Duggan did not want to write fire star in the book. During the Twitter poll he was constantly saying “vote for anyone but firestar” it breaks his entire narrative goal from the first year that an avenger is on the team. If they wanted more support from the public why didn’t they just put an avenger on the team in the first place?

He is being forced to write a character he has no real plans for and probably doesn’t like
    He didn't say vote for anyone but Firestar. That's simply not true what so ever.

He said he'd voted for Monet. But he also said he would love to write Firestar.

Why are you calling her an Avenger? She's been with the X-Men for the last decade!
    Last edited by kevlon; 10-21-2022 at 08:36 AM.

This book is so good and this arc iMO is better than Year one. Was NOT expecting that twist. Wonder where Duggan goes with this

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    He didn't say vote for anyone but Firestar. That's simply not true what so ever.

He said he'd voted for Monet. But he also said he would love to write Firestar.

Why are you calling her an Avenger? She's been with the X-Men for the last decade!
    Because her being an avenger is her sole defining trait in the current run. And duggan specifically said he didn’t want a cop on the team