Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Really? I don't find any of the characters to be interesting. Heck, even Hawkeye, who is one of my favorite Marvel characters, comes off bad, in my opinion. I agree with your view that fun books are rare these days. I had hoped that this book would join that group, but in the first two issues, I don't see it. Hopefully, the book will find it's footing and improve, but if it doesn't do so within a few issues, I'm gone.
    As of now it's only a 5 issue mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Well, then i guess I'll read the whole thing.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I wasn’t really hyped for this book but, after just two issues I gotta say I’m enjoying it.

It’s a nice mix of personalities, and the supporting cast could be really interesting if they get fleshed out more.

Actual fun books are rare nowadays and this book looks like it’s going to be fun.
    I agree completely. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two issues and wish it was more than just a 5 issue mini. I'm afraid this version of the team will be over before it ever has the time to gel. Similar to the last version of the West Coast Avengers.

Really? I don't find any of the characters to be interesting. Heck, even Hawkeye, who is one of my favorite Marvel characters, comes off bad, in my opinion. I agree with your view that fun books are rare these days. I had hoped that this book would join that group, but in the first two issues, I don't see it. Hopefully, the book will find it's footing and improve, but if it doesn't do so within a few issues, I'm gone.
    ^^^It sucks you’re not enjoying it, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    ^^^BOO!

Well, then i guess I'll read the whole thing.
    ^^^Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I agree completely. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two issues and wish it was more than just a 5 issue mini. I'm afraid this version of the team will be over before it ever has the time to gel. Similar to the last version of the West Coast Avengers.
    ^^^Yeah this is gonna be one of those blip on the radar teams, like the WCA run you mentioned.
    Still, a mini is something I can revisit at least!

So, an escapee from monster island and ends up joining the team?did he want to? Not thrilled with Hawkeye, sorry, and still don’t know anything about gutsen glory. Honestly, Monica and persuasion seem to be the only ones on this team who seems to have their stuff together.��

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So, an escapee from monster island and ends up joining the team?did he want to? Not thrilled with Hawkeye, sorry, and still don’t know anything about gutsen glory. Honestly, Monica and persuasion seem to be the only ones on this team who seems to have their stuff together.��
    Persuasion seems to me to be the team dick, which is kind of funny because that's what Hawkeye was when he first joined the Avengers. The difference is he was (and still is) just an archer with a chip on his shoulder. Persuasion has mind control powers, so it comes across like, do what I say or I'll make you do what I say. Not any attractive optic (in my opinion).

As for everyone else, I don't know enough about them to care about them. I know Chavez has been around (I read an issue or two of her book), but I still don't have a handle on her character. I imagine that her power problem is going to be a thing in the book, but since I'm not invested in her, I don't really care about it (yet). I've heard of the new Power Man, but I've never seen him before. Gutzen Glory (horrible name) is an unknown quantity, but I did like the fact that Mr. I'm Classified cared enough to encourage Power Man not to be so hard on himself.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^It sucks you’re not enjoying it, sorry.
    I don't mean to suggest that anybody else shouldn't enjoy it. I just don't see the appeal, especially compared to the first version of the Thunderbolts.
    Sandy Hausler

The t bolts look to be fighting the super apes next issue; I wonder if the red ghost is still around?

I don't mean to suggest that anybody else shouldn't enjoy it. I just don't see the appeal, especially compared to the first version of the Thunderbolts.
    ^^^Oh, nothing will ever beat the OG T-Bolts! The last page of that first issue blew my young mind!
    But I really just meant I myself am liking this new book and wish more ppl did too.

It's interesting that the team is built on power sets. Like the brick, the mentalist, the energy manipulator etc

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    It's interesting that the team is built on power sets. Like the brick, the mentalist, the energy manipulator etc
    All teams are built that way, this one just made it explicit.

I can’t describe how terrible this book turned out, and we are at issue 3 of 5.

Havok.. I mean Hawkeye and Monica are being portrayed so incredibly incompetent, as if they never led and worked in Avengers teams. The other characters aren’t better either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    All teams are built that way, this one just made it explicit.

I guess I mean, I like that they admit it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I can’t describe how terrible this book turned out, and we are at issue 3 of 5.

Havok.. I mean Hawkeye and Monica are being portrayed so incredibly incompetent, as if they never led and worked in Avengers teams. The other characters aren’t better either.
    Why is Hawkeye paying any attention to the PR woman? What's she going to do to him -- fire him? That would do wonders for the team. And, by the time the series ends, I expect that Hawkeye will have the backing of the team, and moving him out won't be an option. Unless super heroes are that easily cowed. You would think if they have no problem fighting super villains, suits wouldn't be that big a deal.
    Sandy Hausler