Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

So many Aquawomen...but yeah, Lorena should come back .

Alright so I just read Flash #788 today, yeah I’m pretty sure Jeremy Adams Flash run is a in the shadows New Golden Age book now.

Past issues referencing Judy Garrick, with Judy probably joining the series once free, and then there is Mister Terrific with his hypertime machine this issue. Definitely Adams playing a part in things to come.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Adams quietly helping Johns take over the DCU again.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so I just read Flash #788 today, yeah I’m pretty sure Jeremy Adams Flash run is a in the shadows New Golden Age book now.

Past issues referencing Judy Garrick, with Judy probably joining the series once free, and then there is Mister Terrific with his hypertime machine this issue. Definitely Adams playing a part in things to come.

That makes perfect sense given Adams' contribution to Doomsday Clock. Hopefully we see more of this.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I think you mean Flashpoint Beyond.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder will Golden Age Aquaman have children?
    Maybe in current continuity, Koryak can be his son.
    Please no. It would be much more fitting and interesting if Koryak was Orm’s son.

I wonder if they are gonna connect the Golden age Aquaman to the Sword of Atlantis series.

Incredible Member

The DC's February Solicits:

STARGIRL: THE LOST CHILDREN #4
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by TODD NAUCK
    Variant cover by MARIA LAURA SANAPO
    1:25 variant cover by TODD NAUCK
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 4 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 2/21/23
    Courtney and the missing sidekicks are on a mission to bust out their friends from the Childminder’s stronghold, but a plan is hard to come by. Have no fear, Hypertime’s greatest protector is here to lend a hand: Corky Baxter, Time Master! Meanwhile, Emiko learns the secret history of Judy Garrick, the lost daughter of Jay and Joan Garrick!

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #4
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by MIKEL JANÍN
    Variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    1:25 variant cover by JAY HERO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 4 of 12 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 2/28/23
    Helena's journey through time continues! Each new time period gives her one more piece of the puzzle, but is Degaton too far ahead in his quest to eradicate the JSA to be stopped? Is this truly the end of the Justice Society?

Judy had nice lightning pants .

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    The DC's February Solicits:

STARGIRL: THE LOST CHILDREN #4
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by TODD NAUCK
    Variant cover by MARIA LAURA SANAPO
    1:25 variant cover by TODD NAUCK
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 4 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 2/21/23
    Courtney and the missing sidekicks are on a mission to bust out their friends from the Childminder’s stronghold, but a plan is hard to come by. Have no fear, Hypertime’s greatest protector is here to lend a hand: Corky Baxter, Time Master! Meanwhile, Emiko learns the secret history of Judy Garrick, the lost daughter of Jay and Joan Garrick!
    Regarding the cover-within-a-cover,

Flash Comics #10 (October 1940)

I got a kick out of this. I think it's going to turn into one of those things where I enjoy the setup but find some of the later execution underwhelming, but this was good. I like this Helena. And I have never wondered why Jay Garrick did not have a teen sidekick but it appears Geoff Johns did! Love her look. Man Todd Nauck is great, he's got kind of an Art Adams vibe that I really appreciate.

Kind of odd for DC to be debuting Salem the Witch Girl shortly after they debuted Klarienne the Witch Girl.

Loved the fake Who's Whos, they should take it a step further and release fake facsimile issues of Flash #10 and such as they actually were before the (cough) timeline was altered. But why would Red Lantern debut in Green Lantern 1? He should be a post war, red menace character.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    I got a kick out of this. I think it's going to turn into one of those things where I enjoy the setup but find some of the later execution underwhelming, but this was good. I like this Helena. And I have never wondered why Jay Garrick did not have a teen sidekick but it appears Geoff Johns did! Love her look. Man Todd Nauck is great, he's got kind of an Art Adams vibe that I really appreciate.

Kind of odd for DC to be debuting Salem the Witch Girl shortly after they debuted Klarienne the Witch Girl.

Loved the fake Who's Whos, they should take it a step further and release fake facsimile issues of Flash #10 and such as they actually were before the (cough) timeline was altered. But why would Red Lantern debut in Green Lantern 1? He should be a post war, red menace character.
    Oh man that would be amazing!

Just imagine a bunch of facsimile-type comics of 1940’s golden age characters with all of the missing 13. At least Variant covers at the very least.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Regarding the cover-within-a-cover,

Flash Comics #10 (October 1940)
    I think that cover was well picked. You don't really notice the open space on the cover until you see a possibility of someone being there. (Even if she looks more like she's gonna slug Joan upside her head.)

I read Stargirl #1 yesterday on DCUI and thought it was done well, too. Nauck's art was perfect for it and there were a few moments that could've come off far-fetched if it wasn't for Johns' way of delivery. A very solid read.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Really not happy that Jay is given a child. He couldn't father children and it became a plot point as to his position in Flash family. I don't understand why his infertility is waved away like this. Some people can't have children. It made his bonds with Barry and Wally more poignant.

Not to mention, another speedster. Just what Flash needs more of .

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Really not happy that Jay is given a child. He couldn't father children and it became a plot point as to his position in Flash family. I don't understand why his infertility is waved away like this. Some people can't have children. It made his bonds with Barry and Wally more poignant.

Not to mention, another speedster. Just what Flash needs more of .
    I guess now we have four female Speedsters (five if Linda keeps hers, I guess?).