Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
    In addition to the above characters Roy Thomas retconned several existing characters in All Star Squadron including adding the bronze age created Steel the Indestructible Man and renaming him Commander Steel. He also added a mask and later goggles and invisibility powers to Phantom Lady and tied her origin with Starman by making them cousins. He also updated Tarantula's costume and tied his origin with the golden age Sandman. He also gave Liberty Belle superpowers and updated her costume. Most of these changes felt organic and fit in the established continuity at the time.
    Loved that new look for Tarantula. Brown is so rarely used well as a color choice.

I am a big Golden Age JSA/All-Star Squadron fan and would really love they spin off a title dedicated to that 1940s era.
    Me too, definitely would like to read more of those Roy Thomas creations, Firebrand/Danette Reilley, Amazing Man and Tsunami!

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    So, the Red Lantern apparently has a daughter who's a counterpart to Jade. What do you think her codename should be? Ruby?
    If Jade was Emerald, I'd totally pull for Ruby, just for the symmetry, but Jade's a different tier than Emerald, and I'd want a lower-tier red gem like Carnelian. Cause I'm all OCD like that.

I guess this is suppose to be Red Lantern's daughter?

Astonishing Member

We don't know who it is yet.

Still don't know if new Huntress's timeline is hypertime or the next future Meta World or future timeline that will be prevented. Her going back to the present day of Earth 0 does changes things.

The term "Crimson Flame" is from a recurring Golden Age Wonder Woman villain named Zara. I'm guessing Johns is stealing that term for the cliche Red Lantern, and the daughter will probably Zara.

I wish he wouldn't mess with Wonder Woman's lore but whatever

Good news everyone we found Pieter Cross Doc-Mid-nite. He’s over in Jeremy Adam’s Flash book handling a Flash baby.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/11/dc...the-flash-788/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The term "Crimson Flame" is from a recurring Golden Age Wonder Woman villain named Zara. I'm guessing Johns is stealing that term for the cliche Red Lantern, and the daughter will probably Zara.

I wish he wouldn't mess with Wonder Woman's lore but whatever
    This would require some drastic changes to Zara's backstory; as written, her father sold her into slavery.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Oh and also Stargirl: lost children is next week with a preview up. Let’s see if we get more Judy Garrick and the other golden age sidekicks there.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/11/dc...st-children-1/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh and also Stargirl: lost children is next week with a preview up. Let’s see if we get more Judy Garrick and the other golden age sidekicks there.

This looks like a lot of fun! I love those covers !

Really liked the preview, can't wait to read the first issue next week

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh thats a pretty sweet/interesting view of sidekicks, didn't think of it like that

Stargirl and a bunch of Orphans doesn't look so bad, huh...?

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Stargirl and a bunch of Orphans doesn't look so bad, huh...?
    Judy's parents are still alive.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Good news everyone we found Pieter Cross Doc-Mid-nite. He’s over in Jeremy Adam’s Flash book handling a Flash baby.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/11/dc...the-flash-788/
    That's good to see. I assumed that Pieter would be tossed into limbo or killed off now that Beth was saved from her shitty 90s death.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's good to see. I assumed that Pieter would be tossed into limbo or killed off now that Beth was saved from her shitty 90s death.
    I had my doubts if only because he was the Mid-Nite Johns wrote the most of, especially his friendship with Mr. Terrific, which is part of why I was surprised Beth came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jade vs Ruby sounds kind of cool to me...Although it sounds like a Pokemon game .
    More like Mortal Kombat. Matching female character designs just with different colors. Also, "Jade vs. Ruby....FIGHT!"