Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    What if it was a god reincarnation thing? She's immortal so what if the gods made it so that Steve Trevor reincarnates throughout the decades?

When Crisis on Infinite Earths made the golden age Wonder Woman a god didn't they take Steve with her? Why not something kind of similar.
    Here's my theory.

Steve dies sometime in the 60's (didn't he die at one point in the comics back then) leaving Diana heartbroken. But she continues to find solace in her work with the JSA.

Then some event happens (maybe COIE, from the JSA's POV, assuming something like Dataweaver's theory that the E1/E2 crossovers become time-travel instead? Or something else). Diana is killed in battle and reverted back into clay (what actually happened to her at the end of COIE). But she's reborn/Hippolyta recreates her due to a blessing from the Gods. This 'new' Diana doesn't remember her past life, or maybe she remembers it, but not her time in Man's World and her death.

Flashforward decades later. Due to some mystical/timey-wimey phenomenon, Steve Trevor is resurrected/reborn and he crashes on Themyscera again. Maybe this is a ploy by some Gods to get Diana back to Man's World as Wonder Woman? Or a gift? Who knows? (Incidentially I believe this is also something that happened back in the Bronze Age). Diana becomes Wonder Woman 'again' and starts to fall in love with this new Steve, though their relationship is different. At some point, she meets the JSA and maybe they tell her about her past or she starts remembering things. But maybe she doesn't remember the original Steve, and they don't tell her to spare her the pain? And maybe she does remember (or will remember)?

spoilers:
    Yeah I had to review to see that it was actually how Earth-2 Batman died. Honestly the only difference is that Selena is still alive and the timeline its set in.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, it's actually not a lot different from the Kents being alive in some versions of Superman's origin, and dead in others. Or Supergirl being born on an Argo City floating in space vs. being born in Argo City on Krypton before its destruction. The basics of the story are he same, but the circumstances have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    That's not a spoiler; it was revealed at the end of The New Golden Age.
    I don't think it's out on DCUI, yet.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Of course she doesn't. My point is that the circumstances of Huntress' Earth 2 origin have broadly been recreated in Earth 0's future...with a few tweaks like this one.
    I wasn't really posting it as a counterpoint to what you were saying. I was just posting it as an interesting observation of how things were adapted.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Then are you suggesting DC drop all modern day interactions with the 21st century version of Steve Trevor?
    Or they could use the tv show as inspiration...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Or they could use the tv show as inspiration...
    Did the TV show even use the idea of rescuing Steve Trevor(s) after crashing on "Paradise Island" and accompanying him back to "man's world"? (And if they did, for which of the Steves?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did the TV show even use the idea of rescuing Steve Trevor(s) after crashing on "Paradise Island" and accompanying him back to "man's world"? (And if they did, for which of the Steves?)
    Yes, they did, in the pilot episode leading into the first season — the season that was set in WWII. The Steve who appeared in the later seasons never crashed on Paradise Island; his connection to Wonder Woman was purely professional.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Spectacular Member

Steve Trevor is the easiest love interest to adjust to this new status quo

He died in the Second World War

Diana resurrected him in the modern day

Done

The main issue is: why did she wait?
    Rogue wears rouge.

The main issue is: why did she wait?
    It took her a long time to find the best method.

Yes, they did, in the pilot episode leading into the first season — the season that was set in WWII. The Steve who appeared in the later seasons never crashed on Paradise Island; his connection to Wonder Woman was purely professional.
    And wasn't he the son or grandson of the one she met during WWII?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And wasn't he the son or grandson of the one she met during WWII?
    Grandson. But it works just as well with him being either unrelated or a grandnephew: I rather like the idea that Derek and Joan Trevor (Lyta's foster parents in the post-Crisis version of her origin) have a son of their own, and named him after the Golden Age Steve Trevor.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Interesting how Johns managed to subtly work in Flashpoint beyond and I guess technically the Watchmen in that first issue of JSA.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I wrote this in the JSA appreciation thread, though I probably should have put it here…

Not a spoiler, but I have question that before answering you may want to read issue 1 first before reading further.

Ok, just read issue 1… and can have no complaints, i think we all know that it involves Helena travelling through time through the various parts of the JSA history, so I’ve got one question for you all after you’ve read it… and my question as I said isn’t a spoiler as such.

Last but one page has 4 panels showing different timelines, 1951 with Red Lantern, 1976 with the classic Power Girl and Star Spangled Kid flying over the defeated JSA aka All-Star Comics 58, One year from now showing Jay and his daughter (?) running and, 18 years from now which looks like to me the funeral for Bruce Wayne/Batman as what happened in Adventure Comics 462 and 463.
    It’s got all the JSA who would have been there back then there, as well as members of the public mourning him… So my question is, what are Barry and Hal doing there in costume? I don’t understand why those 2 particular people are depicted as being present.

Anyway, I enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing where this goes, really hope it’s not 12 issues and then it’s done, the JSA deserve more than a maxi series…

Interesting how Johns managed to subtly work in Flashpoint beyond and I guess technically the Watchmen in that first issue of JSA.
    Isn't saying "Geoff Johns" and "subtly" in the same sentence a bit of an oxymoron?

Astonishing Member

The future Earth 0 Superman ended up looking like Earth Two Superman.

With Huntress going back in time, wonder if she will gather various JSA's. And if she will fill in the blanks where Earth 2 Batman and
    Robin were.