Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Who will be "Legionnaire"?

Geoff Johns already had one member of the LoSH be a member of the Justice Society back in his Justice Society of America run in 2006/2007 (Thom Kallor, a.k.a. Starboy / Starman). Will he bring Thom back; go with a different past or present member; or introduce a brand new character?
    No clue. All we know is that the Legionnaire will be humanoid and male; and even that much is conjecture from the silhouette. Also, the Legionnaire in question is one of the Thirteen, which means that he was extracted from the timeline at some point and for some reason. That's nothing conclusive; but it does suggest the possibility that the Legionnaire may be a brand new character.

On the other hand, nearly all of the other Thirteen have connections to existing heroes (or villains, in the case of Harlequin's Son); so while the Legionnaire may be a brand new character, he's unlikely to be completely original. Perhaps he's someone who could have been (but wasn't) on the roster of the 31st century JSA that got slaughtered in New Golden Age #1? The android Hourman came from the 834th century; perhaps a 31st century precursor to him, who was retroactively involved in the creation of the Legion's time travel technology?

Just wild speculation for now; we literally have almost nothing to go on.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Geoff Johns already had one member of the LoSH be a member of the Justice Society back in his Justice Society of America run in 2006/2007 (Thom Kallor, a.k.a. Starboy / Starman). Will he bring Thom back; go with a different past or present member; or introduce a brand new character?
    Probably a new character like the others but it could be an existing character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    . . . On the other hand, nearly all of the other Thirteen have connections to existing heroes (or villains, in the case of Harlequin's Son); so while the Legionnaire may be a brand new character, he's unlikely to be completely original . . .
    Don't know why you think "nearly all of the other Thirteen have connections to existing heroes (or villains, in the case of Harlequin's Son)" would make them different from "Legionnaire" since, as far as I'm aware, the only one of the Thirteen that were pre-existing characters (of sorts) were the revised "Golden Age Aquaman" and Thaddeus Brown, the "Golden Age" Mr. Miracle, who originally appeared in Mister Miracle #1 (March-April 1971, not 1941).

Manufacturing new characters with phony pasts wouldn't really be any different than manufacturing a new character with a phony past in the future.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 12-16-2022 at 02:01 PM.

My point is that the other ten have ties to existing characters: Betsy Ross and Molly Pitcher were edited into Miss America's history; the Boom was added into the Flash's history; the Red Lantern was put into the Green Lantern's history; Cherry Bomb was inserted into the Human Bomb's history; Ladybug was put into the Red Bee's history; Harlequin's Son joined Harlequin's history; John Henry was placed in Steel's history; Quiz Kid was tied to Mr. Terrific's history; and Salem was connected to Dr. Fate's history.

And because of that, I expect that the Legionnaire, if he turns out to be a new character and not an actual forgotten character who is being restored, to be similarly associated with some existing character or characters. For instance, maybe he's Graym Ranzz, one of the twin sons of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl, and a Legionnaire from the original Legion's future. Just off the top of my head.

What I'm not expecting is a brand new character with no ties to anyone, other than being a Legionnaire — someone like how Monstress was for the post-ZH Legion. Johns is leaning heavily into the “legacy” thing; and whoever the Legionnaire turns out to be, I'm fairly confident that he'll be part of someone's legacy, too.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    My point is that the other ten have ties to existing characters: Betsy Ross and Molly Pitcher were edited into Miss America's history; the Boom was added into the Flash's history; the Red Lantern was put into the Green Lantern's history; Cherry Bomb was inserted into the Human Bomb's history; Ladybug was put into the Red Bee's history; Harlequin's Son joined Harlequin's history; John Henry was placed in Steel's history; Quiz Kid was tied to Mr. Terrific's history; and Salem was connected to Dr. Fate's history.

And because of that, I expect that the Legionnaire, if he turns out to be a new character and not an actual forgotten character who is being restored, to be similarly associated with some existing character or characters. For instance, maybe he's Graym Ranzz, one of the twin sons of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl, and a Legionnaire from the original Legion's future. Just off the top of my head.

What I'm not expecting is a brand new character with no ties to anyone, other than being a Legionnaire — someone like how Monstress was for the post-ZH Legion. Johns is leaning heavily into the “legacy” thing; and whoever the Legionnaire turns out to be, I'm fairly confident that he'll be part of someone's legacy, too.
    Maybe he's related to Wonder Woman? She's unaccounted so far.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-16-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

That’s a large blackout over the “relatives” section, than to just be unknown.
    Means that he’s related to people we know.

If he’s an existing Legionaire, I’m guessing he’s from earth. Karate Kid or the first Invisible Kid maybe.

I'd think the blackout section isn't big enough for him (if it is a him) to be related to any of the major characters. There's not enough room for all the relatives he'd have if he were related to one of the Trinity or other major characters.
    I would love to have a Wonder Boy in the Legion though.

I am thinking the Legionnaire will be Sun Boy. Johns co created the character of Sun Girl/Deborah Morgna for the Titans book in 2007. So it is possible he will connect these two characters together. Originally she was suppose to be from another Earth but Rebirth may have changed that.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Deborah_Morgna_(New_Earth)

Just please don't let it be Kent f***ing Shakespeare. Not all characters are worth a damn.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Just please don't let it be Kent f***ing Shakespeare. Not all characters are worth a damn.
    Lol. You would think with Lasik surgery being common after a thousand years, that Kent Shakespeare wouldn’t have glasses, because no one needs them

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Lol. You would think with Lasik surgery being common after a thousand years, that Kent Shakespeare wouldn’t have glasses, because no one needs them
    Even now, people sometimes wear decorative specs. Or maybe he was born blind, so the glasses allow him to see at all. Anyway, I would be shocked if it was him but I wouldn't mind at all.

Considering he's wearing a Legion ring and the entry depicts a time bubble, it's reasonable to guess he's Legionnaire from the future. However, those two things also apply to Booster Gold and he's not a Legionnaire. And I don't know if it matters, but Legionnaires don't usually wear their ring on their middle finger like a Green Lantern -- Except for the threeboot Legionnaires. Could it be a Legionnaire from that timeline?? (their logo did have a shooting star with the L though...) Could it be a younger person wearing the ring of a larger adult Legionnaire? It's probably just artist interpretation though...

I almost want it to be RJ Brande ... the one who started out as the Durlan in L.E.G.I.O.N. just so that character can have a convoluted and rich history existing in the golden age, the modern age and the future.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-19-2022 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Even now, people sometimes wear decorative specs. Or maybe he was born blind, so the glasses allow him to see at all. Anyway, I would be shocked if it was him but I wouldn't mind at all.

Considering he's wearing a Legion ring and the entry depicts a time bubble, it's reasonable to guess he's Legionnaire from the future. However, those two things also apply to Booster Gold and he's not a Legionnaire. And I don't know if it matters, but Legionnaires don't usually wear their ring on their middle finger like a Green Lantern -- Except for the threeboot Legionnaires. Could it be a Legionnaire from that timeline?? (their logo did have a shooting star with the L though...) Could it be a younger person wearing the ring of a larger adult Legionnaire? It's probably just artist interpretation though...

I almost want it to be RJ Brande ... the one who started out as the Durlan in L.E.G.I.O.N. just so that character can have a convoluted and rich history existing in the golden age, the modern age and the future.
    That would be cool. He's trying to relive his past with the JSA through the Legion.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-19-2022 at 08:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Justice Society of America #2 Preview
    Writer: Geoff Johns
    Artists: Mikel Janin, Jerry Ordway and Scott Kolins

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Justice Society of America #2 Preview
    Writer: Geoff Johns
    Artists: Mikel Janin, Jerry Ordway and Scott Kolins

There's also a general Justice Society of America series thread (since the comic book The New Golden Age was a one-shot): https://community.cbr.com/showthread...general-thread