Default Remember that elimination game?

I haven't seen it played here in awhile but remember that game where there's a list and people add and/or subtract 1 point in turn until all are eliminated but one? I think everyone starts with 10 points? Does anyone know the rules or can anyone provide a link to one of the old games with the rules in it?

Thanks!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Didn't you used to post them yourself?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...2-FINAL-ROUND-!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Didn't you used to post them yourself?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...2-FINAL-ROUND-!!!
    No, not the polls. There was this game people would play. You start with a list of whatever. As I remember everything starts with 10 points. Then in turn people either add a point or subtract a point (or maybe both?) to something on the list. It gets very quick and competitive and eventually things get eliminated. It just keeps going till there's only one left. You can't take another turn till at least 2 other people go (I think?). Anyway, it's fun and I'd like to find the rules.

A long long time ago, I used to run them for team rosters. Except it wouldn't end with one person. I would end when it hit the required amount for the team lineups.

I remember doing the Justice League and the Avengers. I want to say I also did a Sinister Six but I can't remember for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    A long long time ago, I used to run them for team rosters. Except it wouldn't end with one person. I would end when it hit the required amount for the team lineups.

I remember doing the Justice League and the Avengers. I want to say I also did a Sinister Six but I can't remember for sure.
    Do you have the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    Do you have the rules?
    This is how I did it.

First figure out what team you want to do. Teen Titans? Justice League? Legion of Doom? Then decide how many people you want on the team. You can ask others if youj want, but this one is your call. Personally, I went with 12 man teams.

Next you have to research. Make a list of everyone that's been on that team. Include spin-off teams, honorary members, notable alternate reality versions, etc. Prepare yourself some kind of document so you can keep track. When I did this, I used a spreadsheet and I spent several days checking different wikis.

That's to get you set up.

Once you start, list ... 25 to 50 characters.
    Each charter starts with ten point. No character can get below 0. No character can get above 20.
    Once every five posts or three characters, whichever comes first, the posters taking part in the game get three points.
    They can add three points to a character. They can take away three points from a character. They can add one point to three different characters. They can take away two pointys from one character and add one point to another character. However they want to split their points.

You, as the person running the game have to check the posts at least every day or two. Every character that has zero points, you need to remove from the posts and replace with another character from your document, starting them out with a fresh ten points.

The game is over when your document has no more characters, and the number of characters left on the post matches whatever number of characters you wanted to have on your roster.

Then, to close everything out, make a picture for your team.
    Here's the roster we made for the JLA last time we played.

(Sadly, I don't think I have any off the other team pictures.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    This is how I did it.

First figure out what team you want to do. Teen Titans? Justice League? Legion of Doom? Then decide how many people you want on the team. You can ask others if youj want, but this one is your call. Personally, I went with 12 man teams.

Next you have to research. Make a list of everyone that's been on that team. Include spin-off teams, honorary members, notable alternate reality versions, etc. Prepare yourself some kind of document so you can keep track. When I did this, I used a spreadsheet and I spent several days checking different wikis.

That's to get you set up.

Once you start, list ... 25 to 50 characters.
    Each charter starts with ten point. No character can get below 0. No character can get above 20.
    Once every five posts or three characters, whichever comes first, the posters taking part in the game get three points.
    They can add three points to a character. They can take away three points from a character. They can add one point to three different characters. They can take away two pointys from one character and add one point to another character. However they want to split their points.

You, as the person running the game have to check the posts at least every day or two. Every character that has zero points, you need to remove from the posts and replace with another character from your document, starting them out with a fresh ten points.

The game is over when your document has no more characters, and the number of characters left on the post matches whatever number of characters you wanted to have on your roster.

Then, to close everything out, make a picture for your team.
    Here's the roster we made for the JLA last time we played.

(Sadly, I don't think I have any off the other team pictures.)
    That's basically it. Thanks. We didn't do the 3-point part though. And the person who got something down to zero would just remove it. There was a specific way to halt the game too if people started jumping on each others' turns and the count was off.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    I haven't seen it played here in awhile but remember that game where there's a list and people add and/or subtract 1 point in turn until all are eliminated but one? I think everyone starts with 10 points? Does anyone know the rules or can anyone provide a link to one of the old games with the rules in it?

Thanks!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...mination-Game!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...mination-Game!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ination-Game-1

I remember those games. I believe I stated a few. The female one came down to Jessica Cruz and Wonder Woman while the POC one came down to John and Jaime… good times
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!