Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Just going to post this here so we all have a full picture of the 13 new characters Johns is introducing into the dc universes golden age.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    That's definitely Huntress. The first image includes the Golden Age Robin; if that's actually in continuity, it raises some questions about what the new timeline's Golden Age was like. Are Superman and Batman being re-inserted into the original Golden Age?
    I half-agree.

She is definitely a Huntess. Who she is exactly has yet to be revealed.

Funny you should mention that… One of the JSA covers features a 90s throwback JSA: Jack Knight, Jared Stevens, JLI-style Black Canary, and the JSA's top trio in 90s-style outfits. What if that's in continuity, as a new take on “what the Justice Society was like in the 90s”?
    Maybe! Another thought I've always had is that the original Infinity Inc. line-up could have operated during those years. Given that the only members still around on a regular basis, Jade, Obsidian, and Atom-Smasher, all have powers that could have slowed their aging process, I could see them being a main in-universe team in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

jsa
    . . . The first image includes the Golden Age Robin; if that's actually in continuity, it raises some questions about what the new timeline's Golden Age was like. Are Superman and Batman being re-inserted into the original Golden Age?
    I've seen that cover art listed as a JSA "Classic" variant, and Previewsworld has it as a 1:25 variant cover.

So it's not necessarily in continuity, but depending on which "Huntress" this is, maybe it's in her continuity?

My guesses which are most likely wrong

Baman will be Thomas Wayne Bruce's father.
    Robin will be Chuck Grayson the former aid to the WW II Robotman.
    Huntress will turn out to be former Tigress/Paula Brooks of the Young All-Stars.
    Golden Age Mr. Miracle will be a young Thaddeus Brown. My second guess would be public domain Golden Age Mister Miracle from Holyoke https://pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Mr._Miracle
    Golden Age Aquaman will be Atlan Aquaman's immortal father or Neptune Perkins under the name Aquaman now.
    Golden Age Red Lantern will be the host to the Butcher Red Lantern entity.
    Golden Age Legionnaire is most likely a time traveling member of the Legion of Super-Heroes however he could be connected to the Club of Heroes Legionary i suppose.
    Ladybug is most likely tied to the Golden Age Blue Beetle i would think. But i thought he had a sidekick called Sparky.

The truth will probably be that they are all new characters though.

Astonishing Member

Funny you should mention that… One of the JSA covers features a 90s throwback JSA: Jack Knight, Jared Stevens, JLI-style Black Canary, and the JSA's top trio in 90s-style outfits. What if that's in continuity, as a new take on “what the Justice Society was like in the 90s”?
    JSA 90S.jpg
    JSA 1990s (?)

That's the one. I forgot to mention Thanagar-wings Hawkgirl.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Jesus, they look like they escaped from Rob Liefeld's Heroes Reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Maybe! Another thought I've always had is that the original Infinity Inc. line-up could have operated during those years. Given that the only members still around on a regular basis, Jade, Obsidian, and Atom-Smasher, all have powers that could have slowed their aging process, I could see them being a main in-universe team in the 80s.
    Another possibility would be the Young All-Stars. Originally, Iron Munro, Flying Fox, Fury, and Neptune Perkins were created to be replacements for the Golden Age Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman; but they were created in the 80s, with 80s sensibilities; so recasting them as (part of) the JSA of the 80s would be appropriate.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Another possibility would be the Young All-Stars. Originally, Iron Munro, Flying Fox, Fury, and Neptune Perkins were created to be replacements for the Golden Age Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman; but they were created in the 80s, with 80s sensibilities; so recasting them as (part of) the JSA of the 80s would be appropriate.
    Neptune Perkins was actually a character from DC comics back in the 1940s.

Astonishing Member

I think that JSA cover is just X-Men 90's satire.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Just going to post this here so we all have a full picture of the 13 new characters Johns is introducing into the dc universes golden age.

I'm really interested to see Judy Garrick.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Untitled.jpg
    Son of the Harlequin

Astonishing Member

betsy molly john jr.jpg

Betsy Ross
    Molly Pitcher with pitcher
    John Henry Junior

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by scary harpy; 10-20-2022 at 08:34 PM.