Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Isn't saying "Geoff Johns" and "subtly" in the same sentence a bit of an oxymoron?
    Maybe subtle isn’t the word. He just didn’t write a complicated scene explaining the Flashpoint snow globe and time properties of Dr. Manhattan’s watch. He just expected you know about Flashpoint Beyond.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Maybe subtle isn’t the word. He just didn’t write a complicated scene explaining the Flashpoint snow globe and time properties of Dr. Manhattan’s watch. He just expected you know about Flashpoint Beyond.
    Which may be a mistake if people hadn't bothered to read Flashpoint Beyond?
    I only bought / read issue #6 in case there was anything more of interest regarding "The Thirteen", but was disappointed to find out anything I wanted to know had already been seen in various online articles.
    Beyond that, I didn't give a damn about Flushpoint Beyond.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I only bought / read issue #6 in case there was anything more of interest regarding "The Thirteen", but was disappointed to find out anything I wanted to know had already been seen in various online articles.
    Same here, re: FB. Didn't read it, but got the gist from spoiler filled articles and interviews about it. Worked good enough for me.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'm pretty sure the issue is going to be revisited, at least in part. As things stand, Selina knew more than she had reason to. How did she know that the historical JSA was under assault by a time traveler, that Helena should take to Dr. Fate, and that she'd need the snow globe when she went to rescue Helena? And what did she mean when she said that she should have done it herself?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I'm pretty sure the issue is going to be revisited, at least in part. As things stand, Selina knew more than she had reason to. How did she know that the historical JSA was under assault by a time traveler, that Helena should take to Dr. Fate, and that she'd need the snow globe when she went to rescue Helena? And what did she mean when she said that she should have done it herself?
    Maybe because of the talisman she stole in the Dr. Fate flashback?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Could this have been more new reader friendly? Definitely, and I could have done with out some of the timey-whimey-ness of the plot, but the characterization of Helena was solid and the mystery around who is killing the JSA and why is compelling enough to keep me going.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Likewise. I only wanted it for the introduction of some of the 13.

Maybe because of the talisman she stole in the Dr. Fate flashback?
    Yeah, I think it's because she used the talisman, that showed her glimpses of the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    I wrote this in the JSA appreciation thread, though I probably should have put it here…

Not a spoiler, but I have question that before answering you may want to read issue 1 first before reading further.

Ok, just read issue 1… and can have no complaints, i think we all know that it involves Helena travelling through time through the various parts of the JSA history, so I’ve got one question for you all after you’ve read it… and my question as I said isn’t a spoiler as such.

Last but one page has 4 panels showing different timelines, 1951 with Red Lantern, 1976 with the classic Power Girl and Star Spangled Kid flying over the defeated JSA aka All-Star Comics 58, One year from now showing Jay and his daughter (?) running and, 18 years from now which looks like to me the funeral for Bruce Wayne/Batman as what happened in Adventure Comics 462 and 463.
    It’s got all the JSA who would have been there back then there, as well as members of the public mourning him… So my question is, what are Barry and Hal doing there in costume? I don’t understand why those 2 particular people are depicted as being present.

Anyway, I enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing where this goes, really hope it’s not 12 issues and then it’s done, the JSA deserve more than a maxi series…
    Because Batman's death, in this timeline, occurred decades in the future, in a world where the JLA also exists. It seems that the future Helena comes from is a variation of the old Earth 2 timeline in some aspects (her very existence, Superman's look and chest symbol, the JSA being the predominant superhero team) but different in others (Bruce dying instead of Selina before Helena becomes Huntress being the biggest one).

Aw man someone needs to give Emiko a hug. Also I’m assuming all you eagle eyed readers are scanning over the Arrow Cave:

Aside from that I do like how natural it feels when they talk about some of the forgotten characters like Red Lantern. He was added back so they just treat it like he was always there which is kind of neat.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/12/15/dc...st-children-2/
    Words to live by.

Some deep cuts there. The villains include Bull's-Eye (Green Arrow's Joker equivelant), the Crimson Archer and the Red Dart (who wears yellow for some reason.) The Green Arrows of the World are even present. Ollie having his own Batmen of Many Nations *really* hammers the Batman connection in.

. . . Aside from that I do like how natural it feels when they talk about some of the forgotten characters like Red Lantern. He was added back so they just treat it like he was always there which is kind of neat.
    "Forgotten characters"? "Added back"?

When did Red Lantern first actually appear?!?

"Forgotten characters"? "Added back"?

When did Red Lantern first actually appear?!?
    I should have added quotations, I'm sorry for any confusion. Red Lantern only ever first appeared in the New Golden Age one-shot that came out last month.

What I like is that Geoff Johns is treating as though the characters always existed. In Flashpoint Beyond Red Lantern and others were released and said to have reintegrated back into their timeline and when people in current comics look for them they are there. So I think its neat that these 13 characters are being treated as though they have always existed even though they are very new.

Admittedly Golden Age Aquaman and the Golden Mister Miracle were real characters who actually preexisted so probably some added confusion there.
    Words to live by.

New Golden Age #1. That said, the conceit that they're pushing it that he was originally part of the Green Lantern mythology, and somewhere along the line he got pulled out of history and forgotten.

That notion applies to most of the Thirteen, with only Aquaman being a character who actually existed and was removed from history. (Well, maybe the Legionnaire too, depending on who he turns out to be.)
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    New Golden Age #1. That said, the conceit that they're pushing it that he was originally part of the Green Lantern mythology, and somewhere along the line he got pulled out of history and forgotten.

That notion applies to most of the Thirteen, with only Aquaman being a character who actually existed and was removed from history. (Well, maybe the Legionnaire too, depending on who he turns out to be.)
    Who will be "Legionnaire"?

Geoff Johns already had one member of the LoSH be a member of the Justice Society back in his Justice Society of America run in 2006/2007 (Thom Kallor, a.k.a. Starboy / Starman). Will he bring Thom back; go with a different past or present member; or introduce a brand new character?