Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    X-Men #1 from 1991 had covers by Jim Lee.

They did hit quite a few '90s comics tropes...
    Trenchcoat, guys with long hair, girls with long legs (although I think the torso isn't as short as it should be for an accurate '90s look), lots of pouches, shoulder pads, a tight hero outfit with a short jacket over it...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

To be fair lot of women have long legs irl.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm glad there appears to be a lot going into this franchise right now. I'm guessing that the future of these new characters will depend a lot on how they are received. I am leery of the intense sidekick craze being introduced, but the idea of Stargirl and what's basically an Earth-Two Teen Titans does have some appeal.

I'm still favoring the JSA series, though.

I'm really excited to find out more about these 13 new characters and am thrilled that Air Wave is back(in his green costume to boot). It would be cool if Stargirl forms a new teen-based team with Air Wave & some of the other new characters.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    They did hit quite a few '90s comics tropes...
    Trenchcoat, guys with long hair, girls with long legs (although I think the torso isn't as short as it should be for an accurate '90s look), lots of pouches, shoulder pads, a tight hero outfit with a short jacket over it...
    You reminded me why I love the 90s lol.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm really excited to find out more about these 13 new characters and am thrilled that Air Wave is back(in his green costume to boot). It would be cool if Stargirl forms a new teen-based team with Air Wave & some of the other new characters.
    I'm worried about this Air Wave, Morrison has already created a new Air Wave and I really liked the character, the Green Lantern Annual #1 was one of Morrison's best issues of the his Green Lantern, I hope this version of the character appears, besides this version is not straight

Astonishing Member

We may have to say Post The New Golden Age in the future like Post Zero Hour was a term.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    We may have to say Post The New Golden Age in the future like Post Zero Hour was a term.
    But "Post The New Golden Age" may only apply to the JSA, not the entire DC comic book universe.

Zero Hour had an effect on almost all of the DC comic book universe in some way or another.

Astonishing Member

Zero Hour in the end rebooted the universe, only some stuff like Legion and few others were changed. Same will happend in this event.

Johns already compared it to previous time altering universe changes.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But "Post The New Golden Age" may only apply to the JSA, not the entire DC comic book universe.

Zero Hour had an effect on almost all of the DC comic book universe in some way or another.
    I mean if there is a Golden Age Aquaman I can’t exactly see the modern day Aquamen ignoring it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Arthur Curry Aquaman would become a legacy character, that greatly changes the Aquaman mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    To be fair lot of women have long legs irl.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post

Is that Stilt-Man in drag?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Is that Stilt-Man in drag?
    Funny, I think it's Enchantress though .

Incredible Member

The Trailer is fascinating; stuff with the era of sidekicks is interesting