Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Funny, I think it's Enchantress though .
    Yeah, the Marvel one (DC has an Enchantress too, but she isn't blonde).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

JLA in 31st century is actually a interesting idea, I wonder if this ties into that whole Legion of Four Worlds and War of Legions stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by guanlishabi View Post
    JLA in 31st century is actually a interesting idea, I wonder if this ties into that whole Legion of Four Worlds and War of Legions stuff?
    Is these suppose to be the 31st century JS?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I'm worried about this Air Wave, Morrison has already created a new Air Wave and I really liked the character, the Green Lantern Annual #1 was one of Morrison's best issues of the his Green Lantern, I hope this version of the character appears, besides this version is not straight
    Grant didn't create that version of Air Wave, Harold Jordan has been around since the '70s.

Astonishing Member

Could be the new Legion but JSA inspired. 3040 was mentioned.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm really excited for the new books, new Who's Who entries, and especially the return of what seems to be Helena Wayne. The creative teams are great as well. I couldn't be happier at this point.
    Yeah, I've been stuck with Marvel for the last decade, and I'm beyond excited to see some content from DC that I'm hyped about, since some of my all-time favorite superheroes have been DC staples like the Legion of Super-Heroes, Teen Titans and All-Star Squadron. I've been feeling a little bit guilty at the comic shop, getting like four Marvel books and one DC book. It will be nice to even that up a bit.

Extraordinary Member

Since she’s from the 40s, I’m guessing Judy Garrick is Jay’s sister rather than a lost daughter. I guess we are to assume she was his sidekick, like Joanie Swift was to Johnny Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Since she’s from the 40s, I’m guessing Judy Garrick is Jay’s sister rather than a lost daughter. I guess we are to assume she was his sidekick, like Joanie Swift was to Johnny Quick.
    As far as I'm aware, Joanie Swift only appeared in one Johnny Quick story back in 1952 (a story which was reprinted in an issue of World's Finest Comics in 1970).

Can't wait for next week to meet the new characters. I was especially intrigued to learn more about Cherry Bomb, now I'm curious about Ladybug too.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Can't wait for next week to meet the new characters. I was especially intrigued to learn more about Cherry Bomb, now I'm curious about Ladybug too.
    "Ladybug" is such an original name, too . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "Ladybug" is such an original name, too . . .
    Now I have the theme song back in my head .

I'm curious about who the 13 characters are. I'm casually interested in the JSA so I'll check it out eventually.

For what it's worth, it looks like there's going to be more than 13. Specifically, there will be 13 who have been released into the 1940s; but there are going to be consequences of their release, including other heroes that will emerge in later eras. In a recent video, for instance, we were shown some glimpses of some 31st century Justice Society analogues, including an Alan Scott-like Green Lantern and a futuristic Dr. Fate.

“The Thirteen” are seeds; New Golden Age and its follow-ups will be the trees that sprout from those seeds.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am very excited about this. Johns, when he's into something and excited about it is amazing. He can craft a story, no denying that. He loves his comic lore and tying threads together.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah, Jay was fresh out of college when he became The Flash, so he couldn't have had a teenage daughter until the late 50s. If Judy was around in World War II, then younger sister sounds more likely. In any case, she's probably the golden age Kid Flash, yes, meaning Wally is no longer the originator of that mantle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman