Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "Ladybug" is such an original name, too . . .
    True. If they do any toys, they'll have to be labelled DC's Ladybug, as it's obvious the French cartoon heroine is the holder of that trademark.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

First look at Judy Garrick and Ladybug

the new villain Childminder

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    True. If they do any toys, they'll have to be labelled DC's Ladybug, as it's obvious the French cartoon heroine is the holder of that trademark.

They would name it something like that so it's more unique and more trademarkable, eg Transformers going with Autobot Jazz, that kind of thing. Notice on the toy you picture though they don't claim any trademark, copyright or anything over the name. Wonder why that is?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I am very excited about this. Johns, when he's into something and excited about it is amazing. He can craft a story, no denying that. He loves his comic lore and tying threads together.
    Agreed. Frankly though, my main concern is with how derivative those 31st century JSers look: while the JSA is fundamentally about legacy, it's also about growth and change. Compare the Infinitors to their JSA counterparts, and you'll notice (for the most part) that they only have the barest of similarities. I mean, sure; powers are usually similar (except when they aren't; for instance, Obsidian); but codenames and costume designs tend to be radically different.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's okay Geoff, you can call the "force trying to destroy the JSA...in all eras" Dan. We all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post

That’s…terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    It's okay Geoff, you can call the "force trying to destroy the JSA...in all eras" Dan. We all know.
    But Dan has already been defeated.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I kinda wish Son of John Henry had a little bit more to his character design. I know it’s an homage to the New Frontier character but he could use a symbol or something. Maybe a hammer drawn on the chest of his overalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I kinda wish Son of John Henry had a little bit more to his character design. I know it’s an homage to the New Frontier character but he could use a symbol or something. Maybe a hammer drawn on the chest of his overalls.
    I agree,,.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Arthur Curry Aquaman would become a legacy character, that greatly changes the Aquaman mythos.
    Probably, but not necessarily. The Golden Age Aquaman didn't have any history with the Atlantean civilization; though to be fair, that's largely because Earth 2 didn't have an Atlantean civilization. In the New Golden Age history, you could have him operating out of parts of the ocean outside the borders of Atlantis: if anyone asks why he's never encountered Atlantis, just point out how small nations are compared to the land, and then point out that the oceans have three times the area as the continents.

The comparison I'd make is how, when Alan Scott was folded into the primary Earth's history, the Green Lantern Corps mythos wasn't affected at all.

I'm hoping that the new Golden Age Aquaman looks significantly different from the modern Aquaman. I would not complain at all if they base his appearance on Jason Momoa (long dark hair and beard, tattoos instead of orange shirt), as that would make the two visually distinct.
    Rogue wears rouge.

So Jay's comment about the Linda resemblance wasn't kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That’s…terrifying.
    I agree, it's well done and it's surprisingly scary. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Jay's comment about the Linda resemblance wasn't kidding.
    Costumes are definitely similar, yeah, but it makes sense for Judy's to look like Jay's. Linda has goggles and long hair, Judy has a head scarf and short hair - but Judy's almost certainly younger (probably a teenager) while Linda is an adult who must be around 30 (as that's how old Wally ought to be now) so Jay would probably be imagining that how Linda looks is how Judy would look in the present day, if she stopped aging in her 20s.

The question is though, why did Mr Terrific make Linda's costume similar to Jay's in the first place? When something like Jesse Quick's suit (which is based on Barry and Wally's suits) would've probably made more sense? Seems like it was only done so that Jay could make that reference to the yet to be seen Judy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Probably, but not necessarily. The Golden Age Aquaman didn't have any history with the Atlantean civilization; though to be fair, that's largely because Earth 2 didn't have an Atlantean civilization. In the New Golden Age history, you could have him operating out of parts of the ocean outside the borders of Atlantis: if anyone asks why he's never encountered Atlantis, just point out how small nations are compared to the land, and then point out that the oceans have three times the area as the continents.

The comparison I'd make is how, when Alan Scott was folded into the primary Earth's history, the Green Lantern Corps mythos wasn't affected at all.

I'm hoping that the new Golden Age Aquaman looks significantly different from the modern Aquaman. I would not complain at all if they base his appearance on Jason Momoa (long dark hair and beard, tattoos instead of orange shirt), as that would make the two visually distinct.
    I kind of want the opposite. Maybe give the Atlantean Aquaman bleach blonde/brown hair, the trident, and keep the tattoos and have Golden Age Aquaman have the short blonde hair and be the more “traditional” look.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

These designs are really good for the most part, especially this Childminder who is straight out of a nightmare.

I wonder if Lady Bug is a sidekick of Blue Beetle(Dan) or Tarantula?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.