Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If year three is supposed to be a culmination of the previous ones, I’d pick the best players from the first line-ups and add one or two new faces. So:

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Synch
    Polaris
    Forge
    Magik
    Sunfire
    + Thunderbird

Wanda would also be pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I Dont want Krakoa to fall.

I Hope "Fall of X" means Xavier instead of Krakoa.

Maybe forming a elect goverment like those Latveria never had?

Anyway my Team of X Men for President Frost.

Rogue (Co-Leader)
    Gambit (Co-leader)
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Magneto (Lorna)
    Cable
    Sunfire
    Magik
    Psylocke (Kwanon)
    This team is dope. Gives me a real Mike Carey “Supernovas” vibe. Well done!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I see some good ideas, but I also see some correct opinions. Here's the right opinion.

Cyclops
    Synch
    Hellion
    Monet
    Wanda
    A rotating team spot, where each arc has a different mutant come in to help. The first member pick is Polaris.

Hellion and Monet get into pissing matches and compete like crazy, but end up developing a loving, sibling-like rivalry. Hellion and Synch end up becoming unlikely friends and form a "young" trio with Monet, contrasting Cyke, Polaris and Wanda. The recent chaos on Krakoa has lead to Polaris choosing to take a more active role as an X-Men, and has become more outspoken in her beliefs - foreshadowing her eventual turn to politics and leadership. Wanda will try her best to be a good ally, and will be the focus of stories involving magic or the High Evolutionary. Cyclops gets a dog for the family, but it loves him more than anyone else, leading him to become a dog dad.

After Fall of X, the team splits into Blue and Gold. Gold focuses on superheroics, character drama, showcasing its team, and conflicting with Krakoan politics; Blue is more about developing plots, having a darker story, and delving into stories based on old continuity. Surge and Manifold will be on Blue, and they become love interests. Bishop is also on one of the teams.

Jean is traveling through space on a mission involving her evolving powers/her connection with the Phoenix; she won't be on the team, but every issue or two will devote a page to her journey, and sometimes communicating with/helping the other members. Laura will be on another team book and get more focus - though instead of focusing on her own unique lore, abandoned plotlines/character traits, and the cast of characters from her past, she's stuck with Gabby and the rest of her family in some Wolverine-based mini. (Don't worry, she'll get a book of her own soon enough. Things will be better this time.) Firestar called everyone out and left to restart the New Warriors, which will feature Wind Dancer again. Iceman will be on a 4-issue mini, drawn and written by Vecchio - with cameos from Rictor and Mercury. Havok will clean himself up and join the Avengers Unity Squad, where "call me Alex" will be a small running gag. Sunfire's in Captain Betsy's book for an Otherworld arc, before joining Red's Brotherhood team.

Rictor will be part of a magic school book, or be with Captain Betsy; either way, he'll be taken care of and have his druidness developed; expect a planned wedding with Shatterstar that will get its own mini... that's also a Tarantino-inspired gorefest with lots of sex and violence, and ends with them not getting married in the traditional sense. Cable and Thunderbird will be busy on X-Men Red, with Cable becoming the chief of their version of X-Force - that leads into his own solo. Thunderbird gets an Unlimited arc written by Orlando, focusing on adventures with the other Thunderbirds, before he joins X-Men Blue in 2024/2025. Psylocke gets a small mini as they prepare to push the character into the limelight in time for X-Men '97. Dazzler will be on a revived X-Force, having become the resident vampire slayer in X-Terminators; she'll often appear in Cable to battle space vampires and flirt with him. Mercury will appear as support in other books, maybe even joining the Legion or X-Force as a tertiary member, but Marvel sadly refuses tot recognize her potential. Emma will marry me and D-Man, and they both love me very much.
    Last edited by Rift; 10-20-2022 at 03:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Okay, bear with me for a bit:

A while ago, in July, Gerry Duggan went on Kieron Gillen's "Decompressed" podcast to talk X-Men issue 12. Here's the link:

https://decompressed.libsyn.com/deco...an-on-x-men-12

Check it out! It's loads of fun.

One morsel that stuck with me was how he wanted the book to be "Three acts, with the Galas acting as act breaks." Given that, folks, we've just plunged into Act 2.

And Act 3 will coincide with Fall of X.

So, denizens of (digital) Krakoa, the skies are darkening, Fall is coming. Who do you elect to be X-Men, to stand against the Tide?

Ground rules:
    1) Must have at least two of Cyke\Jean\Synch. They're the glue.
    2) Capped at 7 members

My crew:
    Cyke
    Emma
    Synch
    Thunderbird
    Namor
    Wanda
    Hellion--People's choice winner. Peeper and him had a photo-finish. Issue 30 reveals Julian partook in voter fraud, sentenced to core cast in five issues of "Sabretooth and the X-Babies"

Cyclops
    Synch
    Monet
    Bedlam
    Jubilee
    Siryn
    Magik

I really hope we get back Larraz and/or RB Silva art for the third year!

The X-Men need to take on Orchis finally, and deal with Moira.

As for the team itself...

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Synch
    Magik (Just awesome!)
    Banshee (Just awesome; because basically no interaction between him and Moira has been criminal.)
    Archangel (Part of the first attack on Orchis so this would be a nice bookend; needs redemption for X-Corps)
    M (Part of the first attack on Orchis so this would be a nice bookend; needs redemption for X-Corps; needs to interact with Ev)
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

I'll based on timeline.
    Cyclops -cover the O5
    Synch -cover the time till Generation X
    Dazzler or Thunderbird (original) - old member of X-men that need spotlight.
    Gambit -i am bias here cover the golden era of X-men

Rahne- the good thing with here is that she alone became member of all 90's team. I think she has connection with all the current active member of mutant team.

Add Academy-X flyer/air support
    Pixie or Hellion

a mutant/enemy that need redemption

Frenzy or anyone fitted on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Scott- cant function without the x-men, literally.

Synch-deserves it tbh.

Monet- and A lister begging to happen also the brains of the team.

Dazzler-Another A-lister waiting to happen. I Iove dazzler I want more of her everywhere.

Northstar-Easily be a good counter point to cyclops' leadership with his more parental style of leadership to Scott's more employer style of leadership.

Anloe-much needed spotlight in the A team.

Tempo- An invaluable asset to have on any team.

Emma cant join cause she will be president of krakoa next year. Wanda is now a life coach so she will just join occasionally. Storm has kinda outgrown the team at this point, like saying professor x is joining the team it makes no sense and feels limiting. Magik is a war captain she doenst need to be here too.
    Know what would be cool? Taking a character who can't function without the X-Men and removing him from the team. Just exile him to space, Alaska or whatever, as long as he end up in the hands of a writer who wants to do more with him than Duggan is currently doing. How many times do we have to see Cyclops having trouble with the hothead on the team?

Incredible Member

Jean
    Synch
    Banshee
    Cannonball
    Beast
    M
    Colossus

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Know what would be cool? Taking a character who can't function without the X-Men and removing him from the team. Just exile him to space, Alaska or whatever, as long as he end up in the hands of a writer who wants to do more with him than Duggan is currently doing. How many times do we have to see Cyclops having trouble with the hothead on the team?
    I mean, I would absolutely commit crimes for a Marvel book that's basically just their version of Negation from Crossgen comics, and then dump Iceman into that book far away from Earth or the rest of the X-Men and see what happens. But this means absolutely nothing to anyone not familiar with Crossgen or the basic premise of the Negation comic book. So....carry on.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Cyclops
    Jean
    Synch
    Magik
    M
    Rictor
    Jubilee

Amazing Member

I do not think Synch will in the book after the current return the vault arc

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Scott
    Jean
    Ororo
    Logan
    Anna-Marie
    Betsy
    Remy

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Scott- cant function without the x-men, literally.

Synch-deserves it tbh.

Monet- and A lister begging to happen also the brains of the team.

Dazzler-Another A-lister waiting to happen. I Iove dazzler I want more of her everywhere.

Northstar-Easily be a good counter point to cyclops' leadership with his more parental style of leadership to Scott's more employer style of leadership.

Anloe-much needed spotlight in the A team.

Tempo- An invaluable asset to have on any team.

Emma cant join cause she will be president of krakoa next year. Wanda is now a life coach so she will just join occasionally. Storm has kinda outgrown the team at this point, like saying professor x is joining the team it makes no sense and feels limiting. Magik is a war captain she doenst need to be here too.
    Cyclops
    Synch
    Monet
    Dazzler
    Northstar

The above listed are inspired choices & I love them. I also agree with the rational behind the absences of Emma, Wanda, Storm & Magik.
    Scott and Synch are now colleagues and work well together.
    Synch has history with Monet and she's deserving of the notoriety that accompanies a team of this caliber.
    Dazzler & Northstar are friends and I'd wager Monet would vibe well with both of them. They're the type of friend group that playfully and viciously jabs at each other, making other uncomfortable, but its all in good fun.

My gay audacity compels me to continually nominate Wind Dancer.
    She's gorgeous, she's got that aspirational, altruistic, young POV vibe and she has a connection to Monet (via X-corps), Dazzler (via managing her band) and Northstar (via X-Factor Investigations).
    She's clearly trying to find her niche too, switching career paths at nearly every appearance since her resurrection: Mojoworld Liaison, X-Corps marketing lead, Dazzler's manager, and most recently one of Kate's Marauders.
    She's got ambition and drive. She's got untapped potential for clever and creative aerokinetic power application.

After the most recent Immortal X-Men, I'd really enjoy seeing Nightcrawler in the mix as well. So that's my team I suppose.

Cyclops, Synch, Monet, Dazzler, Northstar, Wind Dancer & Nightcrawler.

Cyclops
    Jean
    Synch
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Monet
    Danielle Moonstar
    Quicksilver

Supporting cast:
    Dazzler (public relations liaison)

Cyclops
    Jean
    Synch