Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    "My security and situated in the main generator room. That was the first place we looked. There had been no tampering." Mister X replied.
    Rock looked up at him, eyes locked for a long time, then stopped. "Thank you, that helps" he'd say, then go back to a sitting position.

He hadn't seen enough, but who/what could he rule out?
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Spectacular Member

Hrm? So the big brute had been taken out. Finishing off the meat that he had grabbed, Meruem hopped to his feet and strolled back over to join the group. While he certainly held no sympathy for the one known as 'BRRAWK LESNAAAAAARRRRR' for a human at least, he seemed rather strong or so the other human with him boasted. The only question was who did it? Meruem's eyes scanned through the crowd before resting on the chicken. The second the chicken had made it self known, it had done so by glaring at the entire group as a whole. Meruem wasn't capable of reading minds but while he merely thought all races were inferior in regards to Chimera Ants, something about that chicken's stare aroused suspscion from the King.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Howard View Post
    Rock looked up at him, eyes locked for a long time, then stopped. "Thank you, that helps" he'd say, then go back to a sitting position.
    He hadn't seen enough, but who/what could he rule out?
    Bayonetta noticed Rock's efforts.

She thought about the situation.

"I'm no detective," she stated, "but it seems someone with the ability to affect electricity had a hand in this."

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Bayonetta noticed Rock's efforts.

She thought about the situation.

"I'm no detective," she stated, "but it seems someone with the ability to affect electricity had a hand in this."
    He'd respond while kicking his feet up in the chair

"Probably, considering the lights went out but they weren't tampered with, oddly enough" he'd add, going over what he'd seen from the other contestants

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Howard View Post
    He'd respond while kicking his feet up in the chair

"Probably, considering the lights went out but they weren't tampered with, oddly enough" he'd add, going over what he'd seen from the other contestants
    "You seem to have some knowledge of the others here," Bayonetta replied, "do you know who might have that unnatural ability?"

She looked around to look if any of them might have an appearance that indicates an ability to affect electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    "You seem to have some knowledge of the others here," Bayonetta replied, "do you know who might have that unnatural ability?"

She looked around to look if any of them might have an appearance that indicates an ability to affect electricity.
    As she spoke to him again, Rock tried to keep his cool. He tried, really.

"Haha, Uh, yeah I have some knowledge but that's about it Bayonetta, don't know much other than some things from my childhood like Kirby or Mr. Lee. Bruce Lee can't do anything with electricity, same with Ranma or myself. Kirby could, depending on who or what he ate recently but he's been a puffball since arriving, Big Band is, well a Big Band and the new girl has arms on her head that I am not wholly sure of what they can do. Mercury Black, Meruem, the strangely armored guy (the Kamen Rider), Juri, Elena, you, and Slayer I'm drawing blanks on here"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    "I think what Mister X meant my dear nephew. That once the guards arrived at the scene everything seemed to be in order. That does not mean however that someone didn't use it. Logically considering the time it would have taken for one of you to move between the areas so quickly...might mean that it was an inside job."

Mister X remained silent for awhile before rising up to leave. "Did I hit a nerve Mister X? Implying someone in your organisation being unfaithful..." X didn't say anything but the silence spoke volumes as he left leaving only Shang Tsung on ground level and Kain up on the balcony.

"I think what Mister X meant my dear nephew. That once the guards arrived at the scene everything seemed to be in order. That does not mean however that someone didn't use it. Logically considering the time it would have taken for one of you to move between the areas so quickly...might mean that it was an inside job."

Mister X remained silent for awhile before rising up to leave. "Did I hit a nerve Mister X? Implying someone in your organisation being unfaithful..." X didn't say anything but the silence spoke volumes as he left leaving only Shang Tsung on ground level and Kain up on the balcony.
    Bayonetta took note of the conversation and approached Mister X.

"Mister X, are we to assume that your own employ are to be considered suspect as well?" Bayonetta asked bluntly.

Rock's calm expression was gone as he glared at Kain.

"Last I checked, no one asked for your opinion, uncle" he'd icily reply. The man had a point but like with everything Kain said, it was tainted. That and he'd rather not be reminded of their connection

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonetta View Post
    "Mister X, are we to assume that your own employ are to be considered suspect as well?" Bayonetta asked bluntly.
    X had already left but Kain replied for him. "Trust no one."

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    "Last I checked, no one asked for your opinion, uncle" he'd icily reply. The man had a point but like with everything Kain said, it was tainted. That and he'd rather not be reminded of their connection
    "Yet I gave it anyway. Funny how that works."

When the lights finally returned they could see Paul Heyman sitting next to the wall and a bit from him Brock Lesnar battered and badly bleeding still standing tilting back and forth looking like he'd take one more step before finally falling to the ground. Litchi when seeing this would quickly jump down from the balcony and make her way through the group. "Pleas stand back, I'm a doctor." She'd kneel down next to the fallen Beast Incarnate. She'd then stand up and turn to face the group. He's dead. Paul Heyman would start shouting incoherently behind her stricken by grief at his client sudden demise.
    Before the fighters are all lead back to the dressing room, Kirby stands over the body and lightly taps it a couple times with his foot. When other fighters around Kirby are defeated, they vanish or they remain until he personally sucks them up or kicks them. This is different. Brock is so... fleshy. He doesn't vanish. He doesn't look like any of the boss opponents back home. Kirby's eyes turn express an emotion of confused sadness.

"Right, I guess I should reveal what the price for the winner will be." A servant came out with a beautifully orated box that Mister X took into his hand to present to the group. "If you win this tournament you will win the contents of this box, which is said to be able to grant any one wish the user wants. The brackets will be revealed soon but for now...find the murderers in your midst."
    Kirby, like everyone else, is impressed by the box. But Kirby seems more focused on how pretty and shiny the box is. It seems just like a power-up! He reaches for it, like a child trying to reach candy on a shelf that's too high. Alas, it is too far away. But he floated up to a balcony once, so he thinks he can do it again. He jumps up. He puffs up. He tries to float his way up.

X had already left but Kain replied for him. "Trust no one."

"Yet I gave it anyway. Funny how that works."
    Rock's glare intensified as he stared at Kain.

"Yeah, real funny" Rock would reply, his hands clenched into fists as he got up from his chair, then placed them inside his pockets. He had to think about this, and odds weren't good

Lee reacted to the death of the wrestler.

"Whoever carried out this murder was in fact cowardly. Even the triad would not stoop to this level."

He looked around, assessing the faces of the others.

"To the cowards, I say shame on you. To the rest, I say there are enough of us to take the cowards down."

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post

"Whoever carried out this murder was in fact cowardly. Even the triad would not stoop to this level."

"To the cowards, I say shame on you. To the rest, I say there are enough of us to take the cowards down."
    Ranma stared at the man. That was Bruce Lee, the legendary martial arts film star. He had died before Ranma was even born, yet here he was among them now.

Ranma supposed he shouldn't have been surprised. These Traitor Games appeared to bring in people from several different worlds and time periods.

Idly, Ranma wondered how Bruce Lee would have fared against the likes of Happosai.

"So you're Bruce Lee? THE Bruce Lee? Can I have your autograph?" Ranma asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Bayonetta listened to the Asian's brave words.

"I am with you, Lee," she added, "but of course we need to find out who to take down exactly."
    Last edited by Mari; 09-09-2014 at 02:01 AM.