Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury Black View Post

"Oh man, oh gosh, oh jesus, a bullet to the face. Whatever shall I do? That's so threatening. For a toddler. Maybe. Yeah. Is this before I deflect it? Or cut it in two? Or catch it? Or let it bounce off my aura? Oh man, you're terrifying. Bayonetta, the scourge of all. Run for the hills, my pain is legendary." All this wassaid extremely sarcastically before she jumped off, heading to someone else.

"Bugger," Bayonetta replied, "I would thought you'd be more... manly than that. Intimidated though, or dismissive, doesn't matter. Perhaps next time."

She looked around at the others.

I looked around at the others who were present, and had qualified. None looked familiar to me, and honestly they looked mostly strange.

I took note of the surroundings. A coliseum of some sort. I had never been here before, and given the small size of Hong Kong, I questioned in my mind whether I was still in HK.

The climate seemed like home, though, so I wasn't completely sure. I had not traveled past California, Washington or Hong Kong so my experience was limited.

The first one to catch my eye was the tall, long haired woman with glasses. Her beauty was striking and obvious, and seeing and overhearing two men apparently hitting on her already, she seemed to have some charm as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonetta View Post

She looked around at the others.
    I decided to approach the woman.

"Forgive me, madam, but I could not help but overhear your conversations."

"I am Lee. I will not pretend and say I'm not afraid of your guns, I respect your power and skills. And I am in awe of your beauty."

Rock realized he was standing next to Bruce Lee. THE Bruce Lee, the man himself! Wherever he was, this was an opportunity of a lifetime. He'd have to get his autograph or something but on wh-the hat! Terry's hat!

He pulled it from his back pocket, then waited for him to finish speaking with Bayonetta
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Rock realized he was standing next to Bruce Lee. THE Bruce Lee, the man himself! Wherever he was, this was an opportunity of a lifetime. He'd have to get his autograph or something but on wh-the hat! Terry's hat!

He pulled it from his back pocket, then waited for him to finish speaking with Bayonetta
    I noticed someone next to us, as I waited for the woman to respond.

I turned to him and asked, "may I help you sir?"

He was holding a hat... I wondered if he was going to give it to me.

Spectacular Member

(Meruem's intro. Co-written by TheCourier and Froggy!)

Meruem scoffed before making his way through said portal as the entire world seemed to shift for the King of the Chimera Ants. He stood before what looked like a humongous tower. One with many human corpses laying scattered nearby some with holes seemingly punched through them and others with snapped necks. Meruem wasn't surprised for after all they were humans. But if they weren't to be his opponent than whoever it was resided in that tower. Running up the wall, he'd backflip and land effortlessly on his feet in front of the open gate as he let himself in.

Seeing nothing more than damaged walls and more corpses, Meruem continued on his way up the tower until he reached the quarters of the owner of said tower. Normally, that would have been the King who in all respects wouldn't have lasted very long against Meruem. But this 'King' was different. He was King Piccolo. Smashing the door into splinters with a casual swing with his tail, Meruem sat down on his haunches and thrust a finger towards King Piccolo who had his two sons:Piano and Drum by his side. Drum of course wasn't pleased with the blatant disrespect Meruem showed.

"You there. The one in the middle. Considering that this is the highest point of this tower and taking into account your appearance. I assume you're the one who slaughtered all those humans out there. Not at all a remarkable feat. I could have done such with both hands tied behind my back. Of course.." Meruem's aura flared around him in a ferocious purple glow. "You must have a reason for being my opponent. So get up and ready yourself for combat with the King of the Chimera Ants!"

"Hold it! No one just barges in and demands a challenge with King Piccolo! Heh, I don't know what a Chimera Ant is but you need an attitude readjustment and I'll be the one handing it out! GRAAAAH!" Drum bellowed as he stood before Meruem and took a swing only for Meruem to continue to look past him and towards Piccolo. All the while, quickly grasping Drum's fist in his hand and Drum soon found himself unable to remove his hand from the grip Meruem had put it in. "So as I was saying, prepare yourself because you'll have to give it your all if you wish to even provide me a sliver of a challenge. " Meruem stated completely ignoring Drum. "Don-Don't you IGNORE ME!" Drum tried to sock Meruem with his other fist, only for Meruem to grab that one as well and with a swift yank, purple blood covered the walls of King Piccolo's quarters as Drum stumbled back in horror. Tossing the hands away, Meruem remained where he was as he glared at Drum.

"I don't recall asking for the weakling to get itself embroiled in my affairs. I wonder if you think the same now that you've had a demonstration of how far past you I am in terms of power." Meruem chided as Drum charged once more. *SWISH*

Drum's body clattered to the floor as the paste that was once Drum's head covered the tip of Meruem's tail. "Does that peon standing next you wish to engage me as well? Exercises in futility are always so amusing."

King Piccolo's raucous laugh rained throughout the tower. "Ha! No, Piano will not be fighting you, seeing as your elimination of Drum earned you execution by King Piccolo!" The Great Demon King would exclaim, rising from his newly earned throne in a flash of brilliant speed, kicking for Meruem's chest.

Meruem's face broke out into a devious smile as he raised his right forearm up and any windows in the room were shattered and Piano was thrown up against the wall by the force generated by Meruem blocking the kick. Although while Meruem looked like he was enjoying this, the kick was pushing him back.

"Not bad. Now I've see you made your judgement. Let's see you enforce it." Meruem taunted as his tail snapped up to try and wrap around King Piccolo's leg and fling him through the wall and outside. If it succededed, Meruem ran out of the new hole he had made and landed on the ground on all fours as he glanced at Piccolo.

"You're certainly stronger than any human. But that isn't saying much. No human or whatever you are can compare to a being like me." Meruem's eyes glowed bright red and his aura flared as he lunged at Piccolo to try tearing his right arm off.

Piccolo quickly leaped off the ground and flicked open the palms of his hand to send an explosive energy wave at Meruem. "Fool! To lunge for the Great Demon King is to lunge for death!" He'd proudly exclaim.

The explosive wave caught the Chimera Ant King off guard and as he raised his arms up to defend against the blast, it left him with no chance to evade it. The wave engulfed him and as the dust cleared, there would be a huge crater where Meruem once stood. Everything seemed to be quiet. Too quiet in fact. Had Piccolo won so easily? Out of the corner of Piccolo's right eye, he'd see a blur whiz past and unless he reacted fast enough, he'd suddenly be lacking a right arm. Depending on how he reacted to such news and the ensuing pain, he'd see Meruem standing infront of him, looking only slightly bruised up and dirtied by the Explosive Wave.

"Impressive. That is, if you were going for a light show.."

King Piccolo's antennae were raised as he reflexively brought his arms up to block, and was sent skidding along the grounds of the world king's palace. A quick flash of shock came across his face before being replaced by his regular sneer.

"You dare to mock me still, child? Then let those words be your last!" He'd shout, lunging at Meruem in anger at the audacity of this boy, this child! To challenge him and not die properly!

Meruem's grin only grew bigger as his aura flared and the ground began to tremble under his feet. Getting into a ready stance, as King Piccolo slammed into him, Meruem's feet dug up tracks of dirt as he was pushed back. But much to Piccolo's most likely surprise and perhaps horror, Meruem grasped his hands and sparks seemed to fly from the two as the two seemed to be around the same power-range. Meruem's muscles bulged as he sneered at King Piccolo.

"The King will never be silent. Now learn your place, peon!" Meruem snapped as he swung his right leg upwards to slam his knee into Piccolo's gut to stumble him back and allow Meruem to jump up and send him flying with a hammer blow to the side of the head.

King Piccolo was sent careening through the sky, landing with a thud on his back miles away from his opponent, his anger, his outrage smashing any and all pretense of smug superiority replaced with a demonic temper tantrum as he was faced with an opponent around his level for the first time, sending a barrage of energy blasts at Meruem while shouting "Die!Die!Dieeee!!" With each blast.

Meruem recalled his battle with Netero and quickly rolled out of the way of as many energy blasts that he could. He even sought to slam some back with a swing from his tail. There were some that did break through however and a gigantic cloud of smoke thrown up by the repeated blasts. As it cleared however, Meruem would be on a knee glaring at King Piccolo.

"Your over-reliance on those energy blasts disgusts me. But I can understand why you do so at least. You're afraid. Afraid of what will happen to you now that you've seen the great divide between the two of us. It's terrifying isn't it? That you can be at the top of the world and then you plummet down, down, down.." Meruem chided as he rushed forward seeking to swerve past any incoming energy blasts to get close enough to use his fangs to bite into and rip off one of Piccolo's arms.

"I'd like to see how many energy blasts you're capable of hurling with only one limb. I doubt the answer will be very many. But I will admit you've been an interesting opponent! The end result was going to be the same nonetheless however. With you as nothing more than a corpse laying at my feet.." Meruem wiped any purple blood off his lips although it continued to drip from his fangs.

"You speak too soon, foolish one!" King Piccolo would haughtily reply, a fresh new arm pushing out of the nub that was there moments before. He'd then rise into the air, palms presses together as energy surged through his body.

"The Great Demon King will always reign! You've been a good challenge but it's over now!" He'd shout, preparing a blast from his hands, and mouth!

Meruem glanced up at Piccolo and tilted his head. Regenerative abilities huh? Interesting. His aura flared and he held his hand upwards as if intending to catch the incoming blast. When said blast did eventually come and slam into Meruem, he was hidden from sight considering the size of the blast and it weighed heavily on him. But the Chimera Ant King wouldn't yield. To no one! Especially to one so inferior to him such as this 'Piccolo' Getting a tight grip on the blast, he hurled it far far away. In fact it just so happened to land near another mighty warrior who had the idea of challenging King Piccolo himself.

Spectacular Member

"Whoa! That blast must have come from King Piccolo. But who is he fighting..?" The young warrior by the name of Goku wondered as he raced on his Nimbus Cloud to Piccolo's conquered tower. But as far as Meruem was concerned, finishing off Piccolo was his goal. Stretching a bit and taking a moment to catch his breath after having just deflected Piccolo's blast, Meruem glanced up at him once more.

"This little game is over. You've shown all you're capable of and while as I said you were impressive.." Meruem's muscles bulged. "It's still nothing to the might of the Chimera Ant King.." Meruem raced forward and leaped up as he thrust his right fist forward to try and punch straight through Piccolo's torso.

While at the same time Goku arrived just in time and was understandably confused. "Who-Who is that fighting Piccolo!?" Meruem blinked at the new voice and while in the midst of his punch, briefly turned his head to glance at Goku. "A human..But with a tail..?"Piccolo's eyes would widen as Meruem punched through his blasts and he felt this other mighty monarch's fist run through his chest, then his whole body, leaving him to explode in midair. Meruem was surprised by the explosion upon death and landing on his feet, he turned towards Goku and stared at him. "You beat King Piccolo! You must be really strong!" Goku complimented to which Meruem held up a hand to stop him. "What are you boy? A human?" Meruem asked out of curiosity to which Goku glared. "I'm a human! Why Mister?"

Meruem's eyes narrowed. "Pity.." With that Meruem turned and headed back towards the portal with Piccolo's blood staining his fist surely being enough to show he had defeated him. Perhaps he'd visit that world again someday and engage that boy with the tail of an monkey. Until then however, he'd have to deal with being surrounded by nothing but disgusting humans and a panda bear. Hmph. Meruem took a seat on his haunches away from the others. "Humans.."
    Last edited by TheCourier; 09-04-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    I noticed someone next to us, as I waited for the woman to respond.

I turned to him and asked, "may I help you sir?"

He was holding a hat... I wondered if he was going to give it to me.
    hes talking to you Rock

Rock smiled at Bruce Lee. "Uh yes you can sir! My name is Rock Howard and well uh, I'm a big fan Mr. Lee and so is my father, and if you could sign this cap of his we'd really appreciate it very much!" He'd say, offering the hat.

He'd then realized he needed a pen.

"Anybody got a pen?" He asked with a bit of nervousness
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Juri approached what appeared to be a very familiar face, not at all reluctant to interrupt his conversation.

"You're that Hong Kong movie star aren't you? Fei Long!"

OOC: FYI
    Last edited by Knight Lancer; 09-04-2014 at 05:35 PM.

"Hmm." He stared over, curious...before slowly, like without any care in the world, and in his mind a totally badass walk of swag, heading over to Mereum with a cocky as all hell grin.

He came to a stop right in front of the guy, both boots hitting the ground with a thud and standing firm. "Hey yo, tall dark and ugly. Heard you was talking shit about humans. Care to share?"

Spectacular Member

Meruem watched as this human with the strange hair colour approached him. But his words drew a glare from the king.

"Indeed, I was. I was saying how superior my kind is to pathetic beings like you and any other race." Meruem clarified as his tail smashed part of the floor as he rose up to his feet. "What are you going to do about it?"

He peered around, hand cupping over his eyes as he searched around. "Hmm...hmm. Oh, you were talking to me!" He gave a little mock gasp. "Sorry, I couldn't hear who you were talking to. You know, kinda hard to hear over the bullshit. Am I right? Anyone behind me, come on, high five! You know ya want to. Don't leave me hanging."

Whether high fived or not, he looked back nonchalantly. "Me? Do something? Come now."

"I'm a real nice, friendly guy once you get to know me." He slung an arm over the creature, other hand waving out across the other fighters. "You see them? No match for us two, you get me? So I was thinking me and you can have an unofficial, quote on quote, alliance. Me bringing that human ingenuity and you bringing...you bringing...what the hell are you even?"

An amused chuckle came from the vampire. "Now now, lads. Save the violence for the ring."

"It would be a shame if either one of you was severely injured before the festivities."

Such rowdiness, but such was youth!

Spectacular Member

Meruem's aura flared at the arm around him as he resumed speaking with a bored expression plastered upon his face. "Call it whatever you'd like, human. It's just the truth. Plain and simple. But do go on and delude yourself if you wish. That said, an alliance? I'm afraid you don't quite understand. I'm already capable of handling all of these other 'contestants' by myself. Though, I won't say no to someone who will assist in clearing up any of the trash for me. As for your other query, I am what is known as a Chimera Ant. The greatest of all animals! I just happen to be the king. You may refer to me as Meruem." His eyes turned over to Mercury. "Human, what's your name?"
    Last edited by TheCourier; 09-04-2014 at 05:36 PM.

"Oh oh oh oh oh!" He said in quick succession, finishing with a clap that served as his punctuation. "I get it now. I see what this is. Truth. Trash. Superiority...Ant." He finished with a stare that screamed "really?"

He placed his palms together. "Allow Professor Black to elaborate." He sped over the other side of Mereum in a blink of an eye. "Basically, this man, well pardon me, this pest...is crippled with an inferiority complex."

He flash stepped back to the other side of Mereum, hand raised.

"But Professor, what does that mean?"

Back to the Professor side. "Basically, young Mercury, it means this creature is acting out, puffing out his cute little chest in an effort to compensate for his insecurity regarding the more evolved people. Like moi, for instance."

Back to student side. "I see now."

Professor Black again. "Of course you do, you're a clever guy." He folded his arms. "Enough acting out a scene, though I do make a great Eddie Murphy, don't I?" He flashed a winning smirk.

"So big bug guy...did I hit close to the mark? Nail on the head? And it's Mercury. Mercury Black."

Not soon after she arrive, Elena the beat of a familiar person. Juri. That young ladies' rhythm was unmistakable. It was so anger and full of hate, yet so sad. it always made Elena feel so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Juri View Post
    Juri turned to Elena.

"Oh Great! Someone invited the Friendly Neighborhood African Princess!"
    Despite the words being used as insult, they weren't wrong. Elena was African, a princess, and friendly. Elena would contort her body and smile at the woman.

"That's me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery man View Post
    "Wonderful? Hahaha yes this is pretty wonderful isn't it?! The excitement, the exhilaration. Nothing beats the feeling of pulverising and being pulverised! Yes, girl, this is PARADISE!!!

As she flipped back onto her feet, she would clap her hands loudly.

"In my culture we see fighting as a way to make friends, tighten bounds, and to get to know someone. You can tell much about a man by the way he fights!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer and Sharon View Post
    "Greetings, my fellow combatants! I am Slayer and this my wife, Sharon and, I, for one, am looking forth to the rousing fights that will be sure to be had! "
    "I am Elena! It's my pleasure both you Mr. Slayer, and Mrs. Sharon. I truly hope we all enjoy this experience, and all become good friends!"