Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Howard View Post
    Rock gave Bayonetta a nervous laugh.

"Make 'em realize it huh? Well I'll get on that, and you must be really good if you've never lost. Speaking of wins and losses though..."

Rock's face got serious as he looked at Ranma. "I have my own battle to fight" he'd let her know
    Ranma had been quiet for a while.

While he had heard about these games, the brutality of what had happened still bothered him. This was a grotesque distortion of a proper fighting tournament. If the participants could just knock each other off without fights, what was the whole point of the tournament? This wasn't about who was the best fighter -- this was just some dark reality show combined with some mockery of a fighting tournament.

"I'm almost tempted to call this whole thing off. But I suppose I should at least TRY to participate." Ranma said.

"First, I guess I should vote. I've been quite SO long the people running this thing will think I'm inactive, and they'll throw me out or something. Fine, I'll vote for that Asakura guy since I don't have any better ideas."

"Second, I've been keeping Rock Howard waiting. I guess I should do that fight soon."

OOC: Vote for Asakura.

"Asakura the crazy is my vote too and with that said..." Rock's voice would drift off as he dashed at Ranma, left elbow extended and prepared to follow up with a palm strike
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Amazing Member

"Quit your babbling and fight!" Asakura roared, as he slid a card into his Veno-Visor, "Until only one of us remains!"

SWORD VENT

Kamenrideroujaswordvent.jpg

Snatching his Veno-Saber from the air, Asakura roared as he charged towards the King of the Chimera Ants. As the tail swung to his side, Asakura raised his sword to block the appendage. Buckling from the force of the blow, the Kamen Rider growled, lifting up a foot and using it to deliver a kick to Meruem's stomach.

Bayonetta glanced at Bruce Lee.

"Very well Lee," she admitted. "You seem to be adept at this, so I'll follow your vote for Asakura as well.

"I've no worries with admitting I'm not a detective, after all."

Quote Originally Posted by Asakura View Post
    Snatching his Veno-Saber from the air, Asakura roared as he charged towards the King of the Chimera Ants. As the tail swung to his side, Asakura raised his sword to block the appendage. Buckling from the force of the blow, the Kamen Rider growled, lifting up a foot and using it to deliver a kick to Meruem's stomach.
    Before the fight could escalate further a ball of fire wrapped in a skull head conjured up by Shang Tsung would separate the two fighters. "Enough. Much as I'd like to see you two beat each other to death...it has to be official." Mister X motioned towards Meruem. "If he manages to progress...then I see no reason why you two wouldn't be matched up."

"While that is true." Kain added, "Perhaps letting off some steam could be in order? Let them taste the blood in the water, as it where."

X would glare at him before smirking. "I see what you're doing, but no. Even if Asakura gets voted out and is revealed to be not guilty of the murderers, he's going to be left here to fulfil his obligations."

OOC: Seeing that I don't have that many votes yet, will extend the round to Tuesday morning i.e. Monday night for you guys. Get those votes in!
    Last edited by Jeremi; 09-14-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Spectacular Member

Meruem skid across the floor as he was kicked. There were to be no quips or any smart remarks to come from him after that. He was in battle and that meant doing whatever it took to put this worm in his place. He was about to charge yet again when the skull appeared in his path. Tilting his head, Meruem listened to the host's words with growing aggravation at them intervening in his fight. Upon being allowed to continue said fight however in an official match up, Meruem's fangs glistened in the light. "That suits me. I'll be more than happy to continue engaging in combat with this human when the time comes.." Meruem said as he turned to make his way off. He was however still going to blow off some steam due to the only avenue he had of getting out any kinks in his body being blocked off. For now anyway. Raising his hands up, Meruem started to focus his En into a large concentrated ball of aura.

"As I said, I'll continue to wait however long I must. But that doesn't mean I'll simply sit and dawdle until then." With that, Meruem flung the ball at a part of the arena that nobody happened to be standing at so as not to get the hosts bothering him any more than they had to if he were to hurt someone. The blast smashed into the wall and a cloud of dust was kicked up by the blast..

Quote Originally Posted by Asakura View Post
    "Me? The traitor?" Asakura chuckled darkly, "Don't make me laugh. I don't even care about this traitor game or whatever you call it. Still, taking each of you out one by one." His scowl transformed into a grin, "Doesn't exactly sound like a bad deal."
    Lee was amused by the answer.

"If you truly don't care," Lee replied coldly, "then I won't care either".

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    "Very well Lee," she admitted. "You seem to be adept at this, so I'll follow your vote for Asakura as well.

"I've no worries with admitting I'm not a detective, after all."
    Lee chuckled a bit at this development.

"Detective work is not my expertise either," Lee explained, "but momentum, in a fight or in life, is difficult to explain and sometimes impossible to stop."

"If I had voted wrong earlier, I would actually recommend to not follow along on my vote this time."

All-New Member

That was a good start on her part. That girl was a tough grappler, but it wasn't as if she hadn't handled those before. As for the loser, at least she had a hankerchief for her troubles.

"Tough luck kid. But you should have known what you've gotten yourself into."

As for the vote... she just shrugged her shoulders.

"Might as well go ahead with the crowd. Asakura For me too."

Default Bruce Lee vs. Kirby

It comes time for Bruce Lee and Kirby to fight in their tournament match.

The two are taken to a course consisting of a set of docks, with a beach underneath.

Lee bows at Kirby. Kirby nods back.

The two spend a few moments gauging each other, Lee due to his training, Kirby due to experience--one does not win a boss fight simply through reflex. However, Kirby makes the first move with a flying kick. Bruce Lee dodges and manages to land a swift blow to Kirby from behind. Kirby feels it. He knows five more hits like that will take him down.

As soon as Kirby lands, Lee tries to press his advantage. Kirby quickly guards, preventing any damage. Lee backs off a moment. Kirby charges forward and tries his signature move. He sucks.

Lee jumps over the short puff. Kirby quickly realizes his mistake. He turns just in time for Lee to hit two swift kicks. Kirby is knocked off the dock. Fortunately for him, there's a small boulder nearby. Before his opponent can join him, Kirby sucks up the rock. He swallows and becomes Stone Kirby! Lee tries to land a falling kick as he jumps to the beach below. He uses the power to transform.

Bruce Lee kicks the rock. The blow harms neither of them. Lee jumps away, seeking a more comfortable landing. He waits for Kirby to transform. Moments pass. Cautiously, Lee decides to approach the rock. Suddenly, Kirby returns to normal! He squats and ejects a large star from his body. Lee seizes the opportunity to strike. He succeeds, his blow knocking Kirby across the sand.

Kirby springs back up and sucks in the bouncing star. Lee charges toward him. Kirby exhales, hitting Lee with the star. While his opponent is stunned, Kirby sucks up a second rock and fires it at Lee. He does it a third time. Each time, he gets steadily closer. Until... he inhales and is close enough to inhale Lee himself! Kirby squats, absorbs Lee's power, and ejects him.

Now he becomes a special customized version of Fighter Kirby that looks quite a bit like Bruce Lee himself. This certainly takes Lee for surprise.

To onlookers, this becomes a fight of great interest. The two seem in perfect sync. If one punches, the other blocks. If one kicks, the other moves. If one jumps, the other can grab ahold and toss him to the ground. However, Kirby has one thing in his favor. He's tiny. He is able to land some blows because his arms are able to fly faster and hit quicker than Lee's.

After a few moments, Lee backs off. He's winded. He can feel bruises growing on his skin. But he knows he cannot cease. He must win. He steadies himself. As soon as Kirby charges, Lee feigns a kick, forcing Kirby to jump. He then hits the pink puff with a solid chop.

The hit makes Kirby lose his special power. The power, now in the form of a star, bounces away, hits the water, and shatters. Kirby is exhausted. He knows he can only take one more blow. But he can't get up. He's too tired.

Bruce Lee apologizes for what he must do. He charges forward, planning to unleash one last drop kick.

Kirby notices a nearby crab with spikes on it. It reminds him of a Pichikuri.

Lee's kick misses because Kirby rolls away. He quickly sucks up the crab, squats, and hopes it gives him a new power. He and Lee rush at each other. A moment later, just as Lee is about to land a blow using the base of his palm, Kirby tenses up. Spikes suddenly protrude from his body! Where once Lee expected to hit flesh, he is met by a hardened needle instead. Needless to say, the needle hurts. Kirby presses his advantage. Lee receives slice upon slice from spike after spike.

Finally, Kirby ejects his Needle power and takes a deep breath. Kirby musters up as much strength as he can. Kirby grabs the weakened Bruce Lee by the collar. Kirby jumps high into the air. Kirby slams his opponent into the sand.

Tired, and with great sadness, Kirby stands victorious.

As they rejoin the others, Kirby decides to appease Lee's loss by trying to help him win something else. Maybe he is right about Asakura after all.

Lee, exhausted and defeated after the fight with Kirby, could only congratulate the winner.

"With amazing power and skill, Kirby wins!" Lee exclaimed, out of breath.

He nodded to Kirby, and said in a quiet tone to him, "I look forward to a rematch, should we meet in a tournament again in the future".

As Elena's brain keep going the senseless deaths of the two victims, she nodded her head after some time.

Asakura would be the sensible pick, seeing his background, and, um, his tendencies for violence "

OOC: That's a vote.

Mercury Black's elimination came as no surprise, even if Cerebella herself wasn't confident enough to vote for him. The fact that he took out Karate Kid before he was carted away was a shame too... he seemed like a decent guy.

It was back to business shortly after. With one particular upstart showing her face and thinking she'd already won...

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    That was a good start on her part. That girl was a tough grappler, but it wasn't as if she hadn't handled those before. As for the loser, at least she had a hankerchief for her troubles.

"Tough luck kid. But you should have known what you've gotten yourself into."
    A heavy tap on the shoulder almost staggered King. Cerebella wasn't one to give up before their fight even started.

"Over here. Don't get ahead of yourself, when you're ready, we'll go at it-- and I'm not going to go easy on you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Kirby springs back up and sucks in the bouncing star. Lee charges toward him. Kirby exhales, hitting Lee with the star. While his opponent is stunned, Kirby sucks up a second rock and fires it at Lee. He does it a third time. Each time, he gets steadily closer. Until... he inhales and is close enough to inhale Lee himself! Kirby squats, absorbs Lee's power, and ejects him.

Now he becomes a special customized version of Fighter Kirby that looks quite a bit like Bruce Lee himself. This certainly takes Lee for surprise.

To onlookers, this becomes a fight of great interest. The two seem in perfect sync. If one punches, the other blocks. If one kicks, the other moves. If one jumps, the other can grab ahold and toss him to the ground. However, Kirby has one thing in his favor. He's tiny. He is able to land some blows because his arms are able to fly faster and hit quicker than Lee's.
    From the sidelines, Cerebella observed the fight eagerly. She leaned her elbows on the guardrail as she sat forward. Kirby's display of transformation left her in almost stunned disbelief.

"Now I've seen everything. Come on! Give it your all, you guys!"

It was pretty amazing. Blow for blow, a master matched an otherworldly being capable of becoming anything. Still, the marshmallow man impressed her, so she figured she'd congratulate him too once the fight as over.

"Way to go, Kirby! Killer impression to turn the tables-- you've got to teach me that one."

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    Lee, exhausted and defeated after the fight with Kirby, could only congratulate the winner. "With amazing power and skill, Kirby wins!" Lee exclaimed, out of breath.

He nodded to Kirby, and said in a quiet tone to him, "I look forward to a rematch, should we meet in a tournament again in the future".
    She approached the recovering Dragon with genuine clapping hands.

"That was something, lasting as long as you did against an opponent who can adapt so well to... uh... you. Especially after tall-hair-girl took out the master of space-fu. You're an expert-- if this is a tournament of underdog victories, you think I might be in for trouble with the pantsuit-that-walks?"
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 09-14-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebella View Post

"That was something, lasting as long as you did against an opponent who can adapt so well to... uh... you. Especially after tall-hair-girl took out the master of space-fu. You're an expert-- if this is a tournament of underdog victories, you think I might be in for trouble with the pantsuit-that-walks?"
    Still exhausted from his fight with Kirby, Lee caught his breath enough to talk.

"I would recommend to you," Lee answered, "if you are the favorite to win, don't hesitate to put your opponent away if you have a chance."

"If, indeed, this is a tournament that has momentum towards the underdogs thus far."

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lee View Post
    "Detective work is not my expertise either," Lee explained, "but momentum, in a fight or in life, is difficult to explain and sometimes impossible to stop."

"If I had voted wrong earlier, I would actually recommend to not follow along on my vote this time."
    "It seems you have quite the following here, though," Bayonetta stated.

"And I'm not only referring to the voting trend, but many here seem to absolutely adore you."

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebella View Post

Bayonetta couldn't help but overhear Cerebella speaking to Lee.

"Tall-hair girl? Is that what the younger folk are going to be calling me now?"