Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Default Traitor Game Throwback Tuesday? Thursday? Wednesday?

The Nekohanten, Cologne's study
    Nerima, Japan

Cologne stared at the DVD she had found in the cavern. It appeared to be a video record of a previous Traitor Game. The name 'Clash of the Chaos Warriors' rang a bell.

At once, she remembered the list of Traitor Games she had seen at the Presider Wars. A total of 40 games had been listed, including the one occuring at the same time as the Presider Wars. Clash of the Chaos Warriors had been the Traitor Game immediately prior to the War of the Exiles.

Aside from that, she knew very little about it, other than the fact that the same Power That Be that called for it had also called for another scenario set in a dream world, and another set in a magical world inhabited by talking equines who could use magic and control the weather.

Perhaps now would be a good time to investigate.

The Joketsukoku elder placed the DVD into the player, and almost immediately a menu appeared. The menu displayed the backdrop of a strange mansion, with options.

• Play Traitor Game
    • Scene Selection
    • Special Features
    • Commentary

Cologne chuckled. "I wonder what sort of special features could be found on a Traitor Game DVD." she mused aloud. "Best to wait until I've seen the main feature. I wouldn't want spoilers."

Cologne then selected the 'Play Traitor Game' option, and at once a message appeared.

The following is a recording of a Traitor Game that occured in May of 2012 according to the time of Earth Ceebeeyar. It has been presented in its entirety. Views expressed in the Traitor Game are those of the participants and may not reflect the views of Earth Ceebeeyar or any real persons or organizations referenced within.

Default Traitor Game Throwback Whenever: Clash of the Chaos Lords

And then, the Traitor Game began in earnest. Cologne sat back silently to view it. She trusted that Shampoo and Mousse would run things in the Nekohanten for the next hour or so, and call her if they needed her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Traitor Game: Clash of the Chaos Warriors

It was something no one had foreseen. The universe was shifting, cracks in the sky revealing places not familiar to their world. Visitors from these worlds materializing from thin air leaving them baffled as to how and why they had been spirited away. This however was nothing compared to them. Those that had seen it described it as the cracks in the sky to open wide from where horrible creatures would emerge creating chaos in their wake. The cause of these phenomenons was none other than the Chaos Lord Shuma Gorath. With his dark powers he had managed to break the barriers between his dimension with and a neighboring Universe going by the title of CAP-COM as well as the realm housed by that cursed Sorcerer Supreme. His minions would roll forth slaughtering and subjugating any realm that came before them and extend his dominion further. Others chose not to go quietly, among them powerful Elder Gods in their own right ready to get rid of this “upstart” whom threatened their plans. Despite their best efforts they too would be engulfed by the flames of battle ending up another notch on Shuma Gorath’s conquest. One among them however would not roll over and die to please the Chaos Lord…

Makai Kingdom

The war had gone on for a few weeks now. The warriors were fatigued and a large number of the world’s strongest inhabitants had vanished prior to the first wave of otherworldly monsters. The Dark Messiah Jedah Dohma would be standing on the castle balcony surveying the chaos and destruction the attackers had caused.

“This world screams out in pain, and I am the only one who understands it.” With the uttering of those words he would look skywards and ascend into the heavens towards the looming vortex from which the beasts had emerged. Any opposition he met would be squashed as Jedah would float into the vortex and appear on the other side, a barren wasteland stuck in perpetual darkness.

Suddenly he would hear a booming voice echoing all around him. “Who dares disturb the dominion of Shuma Gorath?” From the darkness a tentacle would shoot out catching Jedah into its grasp. Despite this predicament Jedah proceeded to speak calmly.

“I am Jedah Dohma, Dark One, and what I seek is for you to halt your conquest and return your minions to the dark pits from where they clawed themselves out from.” His reply would be met by a guttural chuckle as Shuma Gorath’s tentacle wrapped itself tighter around Jedah’s body.

“You speak far beyond your station, little bat. Everything begins and ends with me! Chaos is absolute making me absolute! What being are you to think that you can speak in such a way to me? You came here on a fool’s errand and that is how you shall meet your demise.” Dark magic’s would crackle as Shuma Gorath pointed his tentacle towards Jedah. “Like a fool.”

A serene smile would be on Jedah’s lips before he uttered three words. “Pacis Proditor Venatus.”

The next words uttered by the Chaos Lord would be spoken in a dead language though what he was saying was evident enough as well as his mood as the entire realm seemed to shook in anger. “Throw your challenges at me as much as you want, little bat!”

“I think this challenge will be more than enough, Dark One.” Jedah replied. “The gauntlet has been thrown and such an old deity such as yourself…you know what that entitles.”

Shuma’s eye would narrow as he looked straight at Jedah before he finally spoke. “I accept your challenge, little bat.”

Jedah would again smile. “Excellent, the fate of the universes you have attacked shall be in the balance. If I win you are forced to remove your influence from the worlds and seal you back here in this dimension.”

“And if I win, little bat. My dominion of you and all of the realms shall be absolute.” Shuma replied in turn before setting Jedah back on the ground.

“I propose a neutral ground as to where this little game of murder shall take place.” Jedah would move towards the vortex. “And I know just the place.” And with that he vanished.

As Jedah disappeared Shuma Gorath would laugh. “Such a fool! Does he not realize Shuma Gorath is infinite! The little bat is only delaying the inevitable! I will have his world and all of the others as well!”

Default Cast list for the previous Traitor Game

Jeremi

Cast list:

Bobisbeast as Stegron & Hauzer
    MichaleCS as Rogue & Roll
    TheCourier as Carnage & Nemesis
    HugoFowl as Captain Britain & Cammy White
    Indigo Al as Aunt May & Alien Queen
    Yun Lao as Straw Man & Gene
    Overmaster as Godzilla & Karin Kanzaki
    The Purple Skull as Volstagg & Dan Hibiki
    Kevin M as Ironhide & Zero
    Redem as Tony Stark & Yellow Devil
    Skir as Molly Hayes & Barubary
    Opalord as Dimensional Man and Godot
    Chris Lang as Betty Brant & Lotta Hart
    Josh M as Agent Phil Coulson & Fei Long
    Froggy as Ultron & Mega Man
    tangentialmanses as Sersi & Donald Duck
    EvaUnit01 as Spider-man & Nero

05-08-2012, 05:07 PM Jeremi

The Rules

1. A kill happens once per round, starting with a NPC kill. Players must vote on who they believe is a traitor.

2. The Agents have 1 guess per round to identify the traitors.

3. Players with roles may NOT communicate with players that have no roles by private messaging. Anyone caught doing so will be automatically banished.

This game will have 2 traitors, 2 agents and one vigilante. I will send PMs at random to fill out the roles.

And then there are the duels.

Player Duels - Does your character have some hostility toward another? Now he can unleash it without penalty. Each round, every player has the chance to challenge another person to a duel. There will only be one duel per round. Once I see a duel has been declared, the challenger and each send me a number in the range 1-100. Whichever party is closest to my number for that round wins. The characters in the game will fight and the conclusion of the fight will end with the winning player's character being victorious (why? because shut up). The winner gets immunity from that round's vote and the subsequent kill. The loser loses their ability to vote and that character will be revealed to have a role, if they have one. What role that have will not be specified.

And that's about it any questions can be asked in the Discussion Thread.

Jeremi

Some time later...

Jedah would be standing up on the balcony looking down at the floor beneath him.

“It is time.”
    With a snap of his fingers and a flash of light later a number of individuals would now be standing in the room. “Welcome everyone!” Jedah exclaimed to get their attention. “You have all been summoned to this place to participate in a great game in which the faith of your worlds hang in the balance. I am your host, Jedah Dohma, and I bid you all welcome to this Traitor Game in where you must find the killers among you before they have extinguished the flame off all the others.” As he finished he’d look down at the assembled players. “I realize this is much to swallow considering from whatever I spirited you away from, so I assume there are questions left lingering that I will try to answer at the best of my ability.”

OOC: You may now post!

You can have your characters meet for the first time in the prologue or you could have them having been together for awhile before the TG proper.

05-08-2012, 05:35 PM Indigo Al

Queens, New York

It was a lovely spring afternoon,oddly enough in the midst of the chaos Shuma Gorath had wrought. May Parker could be seen taking a stroll through the less savory, less scenic warehouses and buildings near Forest Hills. She saw two military people, a man and a woman, holding big guns at the ready, facing a warehouse. He was ludicrously overmuscled in armor. She had other assets.

Aunt May approached them quietly and overheard their conversation...

"Our allies are in there engaging her..."

"Well I just can't believe we tracked her from San Drad all the way to this universe..."

"Pardon me, young people...what exactly is going on in there?"
    she asked.

"GET BACK M'AAM," Dutch bellowed. "THERE'S A DANGEROUS ALIEN CREATURE IN THERE WE'VE BEEN ASSIGNED TO EXTERMINATE!" He continued to bellow without even looking at Aunt May.

"Why shame on you! That poor creature is probably scared witless by your bullying! I have half a mind to call the police on you!"

"I SAID GET BACK, M'AAM! CLEAR THE AREA!" he continued braying rudely, his back to her. When Linn cared to glance back, though, Aunt May was simply...gone.

To be continued...

05-09-2012, 12:09 AM Yun Lao

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi
    [CENTER]
    “It is time.”
    With a snap of his fingers and a flash of light later a number of individuals would now be standing in the room. “Welcome everyone!” Jedah exclaimed to get their attention. “You have all been summoned to this place to participate in a great game in which the faith of your worlds hang in the balance. I am your host, Jedah Dohma, and I bid you all welcome to this Traitor Game in where you must find the killers among you before they have extinguished the flame off all the others.” As he finished he’d look down at the assembled players. “I realize this is much to swallow considering from whatever I spirited you away from, so I assume there are questions left lingering that I will try to answer at the best of my ability.”

"Nice, and here I thought I'd finally gotten away from psychos trying to kill me." Said one amongst their numbers, although it seemed more like the subtle whine of one resigned to his lot in life. Proceeding to crack his knuckles, he took a few glances around. "How about I just beat up everyone here and we call it a day?"

The Purple Skull

Prologue: Part I - Enter The Master Of The Saikyo Arts!

Legendary martial artist Go Hibiki had two dreams. One: That the world may recognize the Saikyo Arts as the premier form of karate. And two: That his son becomes the greatest fighter in the world. When Go Hibiki was tragically murdered, his son swore to honor his father and become the new master of the Saikyo Arts. He scours the globe looking for a challenge...and for a profit! He is....
    DAN HIBIKI!

Hibiki Dojo

"You heard me right, Jimmy! I've been invited to take part in special fighting tournament that spans TWO worlds! Two worlds, Jimmy! That means twice the publicity for the Saikyo Arts! And that means twice the money in my pockets!"

"Dan, aren't you even a little worried? I mean...this "tournament" is supposed to be team-based, and you don't even know who your teammates are! Speaking of which, why didn't I get invited to this?"

"Who knows, Blanka? Maybe the hosts just wanted the elite from our world."

"......."

"But don't you worry, Jimmy buddy. I'll make sure to give you a shout out during my many post-match victory interviews. Hoo-boy this is gonna be great! I'm gonna punch, kick, uppercut, and blast my way to first place!

This is what I was trained for, Jimmy. This is my destiny. And let me tell you, these "Go Dan Go" shirts are gonna sell like hotcakes!"

"Most importantly, I'll finally make you proud, FATHER! You set the foundation for the Saikyo Arts and I will expand it to the far reaches of the universe! So bring on the competition! Bring on Ryu! Bring on Ken! Bring on Zangief!"

"Yeah! Bring on Sagat!"

".....Save him for Round 2."

"Just be careful, Dan. Hopefully, your partners are good. You don't want a repeat of the time you were paired with T.Hawk."

"This is the best of the best, Jimmy! (No offense) I'm sure my partner will kick ass!"

Chun-Li's father...alive?! - Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li #31!

The Purple Skull

Prologue: Part II - Enter The Voluminous One!

In the hallowed halls of Asgard, the adventures of the Warriors Three ring out with the highest of regards. These sons of Asgard set out to right the wrongs, preserve Odin's name, and protect the realms from evils such as the Frost Giants and the Dark Elves. The most famous Warrior of all? Why, the Lion of Asgard, of course! Whose appetite for victory is as great as his appetite for a great feast! He is....
    VOLSTAGG THE VOLUMINOUS!

Asgard - The Great Hall

"And so, my friends, when the battle seemed lost, I, Volstagg--the Lion of glorius Asgard, turned the battle back in our favor! With a mighty step, I jumped into action---CRUSHING that villainous Malekith into submission and freeing Asgard from his cold, dark hands!"

"Ha Ha Ha! Be straight with our audience, O' "Lion of Asgard"! I think what you meant to say was...you "subdued" the Accursed One by falling on top of him!"

HaHaHaHaHa!

"Ha! Mock me as you please, Dashing One. But if it was not for my quick thinking, and the advantage of my....physique, Asgard would certainly be a more grim place. No offense, Hogun.

Nevertheless, I shall prove to you all why I am the Lion of Asgard! You see, I, and I alone, have been invited to represent Asgard in a Contest of Champions! And from what I have been told, this Contest will have representatives from other worlds as well! But it need not matter, for I will best them one by one!"

"I will show them all why back in the day, I was known as the Warrior One!"

"Just be cautious, Volstagg. If you are in any danger, contact myself and Fandral immediately. Do not let bravado get the best of you."

"Worry not, Grim one. For you see, I have been outfitted with a pair of teammates! And though I know not who they are at the moment, I am sure they equal the fighting spirit of the Voluminous one!"

The Sentry---HEEEEE'S BACK! - Avengers #65!

The Purple Skull

Prologue: Part III - Meet The Team!

The day of the tournament had arrived! The contestants finally get a chance to find out the teams!

"Odin's beard! Truly, this must be a mistake! This mortal is but the size of my thigh!"

"Oh you've got to be kidding me! Whose idea was it to pair me with Rufus' even fatter uncle?!"

"Mind your words, mortal. Standing before you is one of Asgard's finest warriors. I am Volstagg the Voluminous!"

"Yeah? Well standing before YOU is the greatest living legend of all-time! I'm Dan Hibiki!"

"Whoever you are, this team cannot be. I would like to know the terms to which the teams were chosen!"

"Yeah! Did they just pick our names out of a hat or something?!"

"Actually, hombres, it was me who chose you. I'm the third teammate. You can call me Amingo."

"Odin's eye! This...talking cactus creature recruited us?!"

"That's it! I quit!"

"Give it a chance, hombres! I picked you two for a reason! You two are the best of the best! The cream of the crop! A-Numero Uno!"

"....Since you put it that way...I'm in!"
    "....Since you put it that way...I'm in!"

"Excellente! Cause we're the first match and it's about to start! I just know we're gonna kick some serious---"

Suddenly, a white light flashes....and Dan & Volstagg are gone!

"Dan? Volstagg? Where'd they go? Uh-oh...this...this is no bueno. Oh man, I hope the first opponent is easy...."

"DIE ONE THOUSAND DEATHS!"

Next - Dan & Volstagg enter the Traitor Game!

Because you asked for it---Blade vs Demitri! - Darkstalkers Chronicles #24

Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Gene
    "Nice, and here I thought I'd finally gotten away from psychos trying to kill me." Said one amongst their numbers, although it seemed more like the subtle whine of one resigned to his lot in life. Proceeding to crack his knuckles, he took a few glances around. "How about I just beat up everyone here and we call it a day?"
    Jedah would float down among the players as Gene spoke up.

“If only it would be that simple, but the rules say that the only killing is to be instrumented by the traitors among you.”

Indigo Al

Prologue continued...

Inside the warehouse, the object of Dutch and Linn's attention waited patiently.

[img]aliens-queen.jpg[/img]

The young mother knew others where inside the structure, hunting her and her eggs, her future progeny. Some of these, her ancient enemies.

And others?

Aunt may approached the Xenomorph queen with two large spherical objects in hand. The Queen hissed and reared in surprise and hostility, slime dripping from her jaws.

"Hello, dear! I brought you cookies and a nice cup of tea!"
    Aunt May then tossed the objects at the ... feet... of the Queen:

The Queen regarded the heads of the Predators, her formidable ancient enemies, and then looked back at Aunt May. She stood down.

TBC....
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 10-08-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Chris Lang

Betty Brant and Lotta Hart prologue Part 1: The Courthouse

District Courthouse
    Prosecutor Lobby No 3
    9:50 AM

{Music: 'Neverending Overture', though any Courtroom Lobby theme will do}.

Betty Brant Leeds, known to many as Betty Brant once more after the untimely death of her husband Ned Leeds, paced nervously in the lobby.

How had this come to pass? Just yesterday, she and several staffers from the Daily Bugle were attending a press expo. Then suddenly, her boss was charged with murder. And now she was here, forced to testify for the prosecution.

"This isn't right!" Betty exclaimed. "I know Mr. Jameson! He may be a slave driver at times, and he might be a bit of a grouch, but he's not a murderer!"

"I don't know. The prosecution has a really good case against him." said the journalist next to her. He was an eccentric bald-headed man named Spark Brushel, whom Betty had met at the expo. For some reason, he always smelled of mint. "'Notorious News Paper Editor Murders Superhero Impersonator', end quote."

"I don't care how good the prosecution's case is!" Betty replied. "I just know she's wrong about Mr. Jameson!"

{Music: 'Congratulations, Everybody!'}

"Hey, don't get yerself all worked up, City Girl!" said the southern accented woman in the room with them. "There's still a good chance yer boss might get off, seein' how that spiky-haired Phoenix guy is the one defendin' him."

"That Phoenix Wright guy has this way of turnin' things around, and findin' a whole other culprit. Either way, I've still got a good story, reckoncourse! Fact is, I'm not even surprised this happened at the expo. Wherever Lotta Hart goes, there's always a story to be found. A big scoop to be had!"

"Shh. We need to hear the opening statement." Brushel motioned them to the TV monitor, where the prosecutor for the case, Franziska von Karma, was making her opening statement.

{Music: Any 'beginning of Trial' music can go here}

"J. Jonah Jameson, publisher of New York's Daily Bugle, is known around the nation for two things. One for always speaking his mind, and the other for his long-standing hatred of the costumed vigilante known as Spider-Man."

"Yesterday, at the press exposition attended by Jameson and several of his journalist colleagues, one of the actors hired to provide entertainment made a fatal mistake."

"Benjamin Miguel Morales, security guard at the Sunshine Stadium, dressed in a Spider-Man costume and dropped a net over Jameson towards the end of his speech. Jameson was notably incensed, and charged off after Morales in a rage. Soon afterward, the foolishly foolish fool of a newspaper publisher strangled Morales to death behind the stadium."

"I hereby present the murder weapon ... J. Jonah Jameson's necktie."

The necktie was then entered into the court record.

Betty could only sit there as Detective Dick Gumshoe was called to testify. She knew that after Gumshoe's testimony was finished, it would be her turn.

(To be continued)

michalecs

"Finally, a tag team partner Ah can actually tag without them passin' out! Ah don't know exactly what's goin' on here, but shugah, Ah aim to find out!" Quoth Rogue, landing next to her robotic companion.
    "We can do it! I know we can!" Roll replies. "Uhh... does anyone actually clean this place? It looks like it hasn't seen a good dusting in ages!"
    "Roll, honey, we got better things to do around here than dustin' and moppin'... more like dustin' and moppin' up the competition!"
    "Oh, Right... Let's get to it!"

05-09-2012, 01:39 PM Indigo Al

Aunt May approached the Queen. She dared to take the Queen's claw into her own hand. With her other hand, she grasped her forearm. "There, there....it will be only a little jab...AAARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Aunt May recoiled, an utterly inhuman ululating screech emanating from her, as green acid hissed on her hand.

The Queen was motionless. When Aunt May recovered, her hand mysteriously healing from the acid burn, she again regarded the xenomorph. Then she spoke.

"You and I could be sisters, almost. And yet, you remain obstinate by your very nature. We should part, go our separate ways....but the best thing for MY species is to join our lot with YOU - the perfect killing machine, spreading throughout the very stars.....I will yet find a way to give you an embryo...

For the greater glory of The BROOD."

It was then that gunshots where heard, shouts of "There they are!" screamed. As though they were enjoying a cup of tea before a game of bridge, the two Queens commenced the clean, quick slaughter of Dutch and Linn. Not long afterwards, when the Queen of the Brood resumed the standard human form of her host, a force teleported them to a new environ.

OOC: Yep, you guessed it! You're not just dealing with Aunt May here - you're dealing with a Brood Queen!

Chris Lang

Betty Brant and Lotta Hart Prologue Part 2: Betty's testimony

District Courthouse
    Courtroom No. 4
    10:10 AM

Gumshoe's testimony was short and to the point. He had testified that Jameson stormed off after the victim in a rage, chasing him down the hall. Shortly thereafter, the victim was found strangled to death in the lot behind Sunshine Stadium, with the necktie wrapped around his neck. Jameson was found roaming the halls by the stadium security, minus the necktie he had been wearing a half hour earlier.

After some pressing, fingerprint analysis and the autopsy report for Benjamin Miguel Morales were entered into the Court Record. The only fingerprints on the necktie belonged to J. Jonah Jameson.

Gumshoe was dismissed, and Franziska called Betty Brant to the witness stand.

"State your name and profession for the court."

"My name is Betty Brant. I'm a reporter for the Daily Bugle." Betty tried not to betray how nervous she was.

"The witness will testify as to the defendant's motive." Franziska said.

Betty gulped. She was not looking forward to this. She had spoken with the defense attorney, Phoenix Wright, yesterday during his investigation. Even though he had forced her to tell stories of Jameson's more over-the-top anti-Spider-Man endeavors, such as the incident with Smythe's first Spider-Slayer robot, Mr. Wright still seemed to believe in Jameson's innocence. Despite this, she was worried that what she might say on the stand would make the case against her employer worse.

But she had no choice. She had to speak.

{Music: Testimony/Questioning - Moderato. Choose whichever is your favorite}

"My employer J. Jonah Jameson has hated Spider-Man for years."

"Hold it!" Phoenix Wright shouted. "Why does your employer hate Spider-Man?"

"He says it's because he believes Spider-Man is a glory-seeking phony. Mr. Jameson's also said that since Spider-Man conceals his identity behind a mask, that means he can't be trusted. Some of the general public believe him, while others think Jameson's anti-Spider-Man crusade is just a means of selling more papers."

"And what do you believe?" Phoenix asked.

"I ... try to stay out of it." Betty said. "But Spider-Man's done a lot of good for the city. A week ago, he helped me bring the true Hobgoblin, Roderick Kingsley, to justice. He helped me clear my husband's name."

"So you would say your employer's persecution of this 'Spider-Man' is unfair?" Franziska asked.

"I was getting to that..." Betty replied, and continued with her testimony.

"Over the years, Mr. Jameson's tried a number of schemes to expose Spider-Man as a fraud or a crook, or uncover his true identity." She was relieved when she was not pressed on this point. She went on.

"When things between them got out of hand, Spider-Man would humiliate Jameson by webbing him up in his office."

"HOLD IT!" Phoenix shouted. "Webbing him up? You mean he used his webbing to restrain Jameson?"

"Yes." Betty nodded. "The webbing would dissolve in an hour's time, so no harm was done. Aside from Mr. Jameson being embarrassed, I mean."

"How often did this happen?" Phoenix asked.

"Quite often, in the early days. Jonah was a lot more obsessed back then. And Spider-Man would respond by webbing him and embarrasing him. I lost count of how many times it happened, actually. But it's been a long time since things were that out of control."

WHIP-CRACK!

Franziska cracked her whip in Phoenix's direction. "Foolishly foolish fool who foolishly dreams of foolish dreams. I won't allow even three seconds of useless testimony to be uttered in my presence!"

The Judge spoke up. "Mr. Wright, is this line of questioning going anywhere?"

"I assure you that it is, your honor." Phoenix said, and then continued. "So do you believe Mr. Jameson would know Spider-Man's webbing when he encountered it?"

"I'm sure that he would." Betty said. "And I would too. I was the one who had to free Mr. Jameson from the webbing when he couldn't wait an hour for the webbing to dissolve."

Phoenix nodded. "Do you know what the webbing is made of?"

"Not precisely, though our staff does have pictures. Here's a close picture taken by our photographer Peter Parker." Betty then presented a close-up photograph of Jameson webbed to his chair.

"The court accepts this photograph into evidence." the Judge said. "Ms. Brant, you may continue with your testimony."

"At the expo, the hired Spider-Man impersonator dropped a net onto Mr. Jameson. The net was clearly designed to look like webbing. It was only meant to be a joke, but Mr. Jameson didn't find it funny. He threw off the net and stormed down the hall."

"I suppose it's possible Jameson snapped and thought it was the real Spider-Man. He has been under a lot of stress lately."

"OBJECTION!" Phoenix Wright shouted.

{The music stops at this point}

(continued next post)

Chris Lang

Betty Brant and Lotta Hart's prologue Part 3: Objection, and summoned elsewhere

Betty was surprised at Phoenix's objection. She said nothing as Phoenix went on.

"Sorry, but I don't buy that reasoning for a minute. Ms. Brant, you said that Jameson had been restrained with Spider-Man's webbing on several occasions, and even provided a photo to prove it. You also stated that he'd know Spider-Man's webbing when he saw it."

{Music: Any 'Objection' music will do here, though my personal favorite is the 'Trials and Tribulations' one}

"This net is nothing more than a cheap fishing net, with string attached to it to make it look more like webbing. Furthermore, it's not in the least bit sticky. So, based on your own words and the evidence you submitted ... there is no way Jameson could have mistaken the victim for the real Spider-Man!"

Betty sighed with relief, as Phoenix smiled confidently. Then Franziska shouted "Objection!"

"We only have the witness' word on it! She could be lying to protect her employer!"

"Not necessarily. We have this photograph." Phoenix then showed the photograph Betty had presented. "Ms. Brant, can the rest of the Bugle staff back up your story?"

Betty nodded. "Sure. Just about everyone who worked at the Bugle at the time this happened can swear to it."

Phoenix nodded. "Thank you. I believe we've established that mistaken identity is not the motive in this case."

Franziska sneered. "The witness is excused." she said.

Betty breathed a sigh of relief, as she left the witness stand. She passed by Lotta Hart on the way to the lobby.

{Music: any Court Lobby/lounge music, even though they're in the hall and not the lobby}

"I'm glad that's over with." Betty said.

"Tell me about it. I had to testify before ol' whippy gal before, and it was no picnic. Still, I'd rather be in here than out there. I reckon there's one helluva storm out there."

"I didn't even notice." Betty replied.

"That's cause this courthouse has soundproof walls, or so folks 'round here tell me. But even all the soundproofin' they do can't drown it out completely. If ya listen, ya can hear it here in this hall."

Betty heard muffled thunderclaps. She looked down the hall, and saw rain pounding against a window. Lotta continued with her speech.

"It's better hangin' out here than tryin' to leave in that mess. Reckoncourse I got no choice anyway. That whippy gal wants me to testify and show that photo I took of Jameson from behind. I won't lie to ya. If our spiky-haired city boy can't find a contradiction in it, it'll look bad for yer boss."

"I know. But I don't believe Jameson's a murderer. And neither does Mr. Wright." Betty replied.

{Music: 'Suspense' music}

It was at that moment that the lights flickered. Before either could say anything, there was an incredibly loud thunderclap and the lights went out.

After a moment, the lights came back on ... but Betty Brant and Lotta Hart had disappeared. The only trace they had been there was the photograph Lotta had dropped on the floor.

--------

{Music: Spencer Mansion theme}

From the point of view of Betty Brant and Lotta Hart, however, it was as if the lights came on only for them to find themselves some place else.

"This is a nice place. Folks gotta be mighty rich to live in a place like this." Lotta remarked.

"But how did we get here?" Betty asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedah

“It is time.”
    "Ya mean we've been dragged outta one murder case only to be dragged into another?" Lotta said. "Why'd ya go and do a thing like that? What's goin' on here?"

"She has a point." Betty said. She turned to face Jedah. "Why have you summoned us here?"

OOC: And so Betty and Lotta arrive at the scene of the game. Oh, and don't worry about Jameson. We'll check back in on that trial from time to time.

Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Roll
    "We can do it! I know we can!" Roll replies. "Uhh... does anyone actually clean this place? It looks like it hasn't seen a good dusting in ages!"
    Jedah would turn towards Roll. “The Spencer Mansion has a rather colorful past among the inhabitants of this world. Keeping it prim and proper I believe was not one of they top priorities.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hart & Brant
    "Ya mean we've been dragged outta one murder case only to be dragged into another?" Lotta said. "Why'd ya go and do a thing like that? What's goin' on here?"

"She has a point." Betty said. She turned to face Jedah. "Why have you summoned us here?"
    “What this is, Ms Hart is a Traitor Game to stop a Chaos Lord to plunge all the worlds into his domain and perpetual chaos.” He'd float up into the air before continuing. “Some of you have to have wondered about the strange disappearances and materialization of unknown individuals among you. Or the cracks in the sky showing images of new worlds. This is all caused by the Chaos Lord Shuma Gorath and he must be stopped. However...his powers are vast and this game might be the only chance to stop him.”

05-09-2012, 02:57 PM Opalord

“Order, order in the court!” The elderly judge seated at the highest point in the courtroom banged his gavel down. “The court is now ready to hear the case of Mr. Joshua Farkas. We have already heard his plea of not guilty. Is the defense ready to present?”

The attorney, one unkown to most in the court and fairly nondescript in his red suit, nodded “Yes your honor”

“Good. And the prosecution?”

Diego Armando, now known as Godot, calmly caught the mug of coffee that slid down his table (Seemingly from nowhere) and took a sip, taking a few moments to relish the taste, before nodding slightly

“Cup one is brewed and bitter your honor. Much like the final moments of the victim.”

“…I wasn’t aware that moments could be brewed, but very well. You may call your first witness”

Godot nodded “The prosecution calls… Joshua Farkas to the stand.”

The judge blinked in surprise “The defendant first? That’s a bit… strange.”

Godot took another sip from his cup. “Some cups don’t need any sweetener added to make a fine brew”

“…As usual I have no idea what you’re talking about. But very well. Bailiff, please escort Mr. Farkas to the stand.” The judge ordered, before blinking once more in surprise. “…Is… that…

“A costume?” came the gravelly voice from the defendant as he took the stand.

“I’m afraid, my dear lord over the law, that this is simply the countenance fate has dealt me”

Godot was the only one in the courtroom besides Farkas’s own attorney (who still thought he was a little strange looking) to seem unphased by the blob of a man. “Witness, name and occupation. Besides a cup with too much creamer in it for a face.”

TBC...

Chris Lang

Quote Originally Posted by Jedah
    “What this is, Ms Hart is a Traitor Game to stop a Chaos Lord to plunge all the worlds into his domain and perpetual chaos.” He'd float up into the air before continuing. “Some of you have to have wondered about the strange disappearances and materialization of unknown individuals among you. Or the cracks in the sky showing images of new worlds. This is all caused by the Chaos Lord Shuma Gorath and he must be stopped. However...his powers are vast and this game might be the only chance to stop him.”
    "A Chaos Lord? Are ya sayin' this Chaos Lord is behind the weird storm that was forcin' us to stay in the courthouse? Just as well there was a trial, otherwise we'd have had nothin' much to do." Lotta said. "But I don't know anythin' about any Chaos Lords. I'm just a country gal tryin' ta be an investigative photojournalist."

"She's right. We're just reporters. What are we supposed to do against Chaos Lords? Isn't this a job for the Avengers? Or at least Dr. Strange?" Betty asked. "How would this 'Traitor Game' help stop this Chaos Lord of yours?"

05-09-2012, 03:07 PM Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by Hart & Brant
    "A Chaos Lord? Are ya sayin' this Chaos Lord is behind the weird storm that was forcin' us to stay in the courthouse? Just as well there was a trial, otherwise we'd have had nothin' much to do." Lotta said. Lotta "But I don't know anythin' about any Chaos Lords. I'm just a country gal tryin' ta be an investigative photojournalist."

"She's right. We're just reporters. What are we supposed to do against Chaos Lords? Isn't this a job for the Avengers? Or at least Dr. Strange?" Betty asked. "How would this 'Traitor Game' help stop this Chaos Lord of yours?"
    “What you are Ms Hart and Ms Brant are scribes, you will tell the tale of what has and will happen here for the outside world when this is all over. It is true your powers are insignificant, but your mission is still important.” He'd motion towards the gathered players. “Soon a murder will happen and you will use your minds to find the Chaos Lord's traitors among you. Then and only then you will be able to turn the tide against him.”

Josh M

Hong Kong , China
    It was a rain soaked day in Hong Kong’s back alleys. Inside one of the building was a underground fighting ring. Inside was movie star Fei Long. While he was a famous star, he liked pitting himself against fellow fighters for sport. “Whaaa!” He shouts kicking is opponent in the stomach, sending him into a wall.

Fei smiles and looks at his opponent. “You have great potential, but you lack patience’s!” he then turns tom the crowed. “Who is next to fall?” He says, suddenly the doors bust open, S.H.I.E.L.D agents fill the room. The crowed scatters, leaving Fei Long alone.

Agent Phil Coulson was the last to walk in. “Excuse me , Agent Phil Coulson, S.H.I.E.L.D agent, but I’m looking for a Mr. Fei long.” He says taking off his shades. The room was silent. "That must be you, right?"

“I am him, yes”.Fei says bowing. “What is the meaning of this? He asks seriously.

“Well, it’s a matter of international important Mr. Long. If you could please come with me, I could explain in more details.

Fei frown. “Why should I American? You’ve done nothing to gain my attention!”

Phil faces palms. “Fury said this won’t be easy.” Phil then looks up. “Please, just come with us, You don’t want to start something with S.H.I.E.L.D. “You’re a great fighter, and if I might add as a fan of your work, You have some of the best kung fu movies ever!” Phil said with excitement, then gained his calm. “Hmm, As I was saying, You’re great fighter, but we’ve dealt with worse.”

“Fei grits his teeth. “You should never under estimate you’re opponents, Agent Coulson.“ Fei gets into a fighting stance. “You’re Move!

Phil frowns then says into a small mic in his collar. “Take him down." Suddenly a dart its Long’s neck, before he could react. He body shuts down. He was unable to talk, but was wide awake. “You’re currently under a potent paralyzing serum, as you could guess.” He smiles. “It will wear off I an hour or so. “Just enough time for us to talk. “He then motions to his fellow agents. “But him in the van, make sure you cuff his hands and feet, then chain him three times, He’s at Cap level.” Phil then starts walking to the van that was outside the building.

OOC: That's right! I will be playing Agent Phil Coulson and Fei long!"

05-09-2012, 03:52 PM michalecs

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi
    Jedah would turn towards Roll. “The Spencer Mansion has a rather colorful past among the inhabitants of this world. Keeping it prim and proper I believe was not one of they top priorities.”

"Oh now you've done it, Jedah. Ya don't know what you've unleashed here."
    "We can't have that! This place simply must be neat and tidy!" Roll got out her broom extension and began immediately cleaning.

05-09-2012, 03:59 PM Jeremi

Quote Originally Posted by michalecs
    "We can't have that! This place simply must be neat and tidy!" Roll got out her broom extension and began immediately cleaning.
    “Well, who am I to deny an automaton her duty?” Jedah would reply to Rogue. “Do not stray far from the others however, we are only guests in this place, who knows what is lurking in the dark?”

05-09-2012, 04:16 PM Chris Lang

Quote Originally Posted by michalecs

"Well whaddya know? Another Southern gal in a place like this!" Lotta said with a smile. She moved forward to introduce herself. "The name's Lotta Hart."

The Purple Skull

In a matter of seconds, Volstagg and Dan arrive at the mansion!

"Ho! What dark sorcery is this?! But a second ago, we stood ready for battle! And now...we are here in this unknown location!"

"And thank god! We were about to face Akuma. Sucks to be Amingo..."

"Mortal, I know not who this "Akuma" is, but he certainly would've felt a thrashing like no other, courtesy of Volstagg the Voluminous!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedah View Post
    Some time later... Jedah would be standing up on the balcony looking down at the floor beneath him.

“It is time.”
    "This man speaks in riddles! First we are in a tournament to test our might, and now we are in a game to test our ingenuity? Madness I say! Utter madness!"

"Dude, if you just wanna up and quit, go right ahead."

"You misunderstand me, son of Hibiki. Though the Lion of Asgard is known across the Nine Realms for his unfettered might, I have been known to be quite the...what's the name of that mortal? Ah, yes. I have been known to be quite the Sherlock Holmes in certain situations."

"Well if this mystery involves solving the case of the missing Twinkies, I'm sure you'll have a lead for that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedah View Post

"SHUMA GORATH?! Did you say SHUMA GORATH?! He who sleeps, but shall awake?!"

"What's a Shuma Gorath? Is that like a rip off of the Shotokan fighting style or something?"

"Do not be ignorant, boy! Shuma Gorath is a vengeful Lord of Chaos! Why, his power alone can bring even the Devourer of Worlds, Galactus, to his knees!"

"Dude, what are you talking about?!"

Volstagg looks up towards Jedah.

"Hear me, stranger! If we are indeed on a collision course with Shuma Gorath, I suggest we cease this "Traitor Game" nonsense and prepare for WAR! An army of many is what we need!"

Taikyo High School's going on a field trip to the Xavier Institute! - Rival Schools #44