Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Meruem sought to have his tail lash out at Mercury but stop with the tip near his throat as his eyes glowed red. "For a human, I'm surprised your intelligent enough to be as 'witty' as you've shown yourself to be. But I'd advise you to remember to whom you're speaking and how he could make you pay for any insolence." His tail then recoiled behind him where it had originally been. "I won't be as forgiving next time. Though, I will admit one thing. While you talk big, Mercury Black, your ego is something other humans ought to be jealous of. Not often a mere human grows the nerve to speak me as you have. Though, perhaps you should keep that in check.."

Last edited by TheCourier; 09-04-2014 at 06:16 PM.

And Big Band has arrived!

The ex-cop-turned-one-man-band walked calmly towards the group in general. His overcoat hiding most of his features and his odd looks that could be seen, standing out from most.

And then he really took in everyone as a whole.

".....Crazy little gig here, isn't it?"

"Ooooooooh...pointy." He acknowledged. "Never been much for shots, so I'll pass but thanks for the front row seat. And don't worry, I won't forget who I'm talking to. I have no quarrel with you. After all...a boot has no quarrel with an ant."

"For the benefit of the ignorant and uneducated, in case it's unclear..." He pointed with double fingers out over to Mereum.

He gestured down to his boots.

"Get the picture, sunshine?" He patted the ant's cheeks condescendingly. "That said, I would be careful were I you. Being a little overzealous and attacking out of turn...could be bad. Just a heads up." He grinned.

"In any event, best of luck in your fights Kingy."

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I decided to approach the woman.

"Forgive me, madam, but I could not help but overhear your conversations."

"I am Lee. I will not pretend and say I'm not afraid of your guns, I respect your power and skills. And I am in awe of your beauty."
    Bayonetta looked at Lee. Asian, Chinese perhaps?

Still, she couldn't help but admire his confidence and... what was it? A balance between confident and humble?

"A pleasure to meet you, Lee. You certainly have a way with words."

"And I'm sure it's not just words you're probably good at."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    As she flipped back onto her feet, she would clap her hands loudly.

"In my culture we see fighting as a way to make friends, tighten bounds, and to get to know someone. You can tell much about a man by the way he fights!"
    The girl's response seemed to confuse Asakura. He stared her down as if what she'd just said was the most confounding thing spoken by anyone.

"What are you babbling about, girl? Who says you need a reason to fight? You fight only because there's someone to fight! That's all the reason you need."

Asakura leaned in towards her, his eyes alive with madness.

"Take you for example. How about we go a round now? Killing that last one wasn't enough after all. I'm starting to feel pissed-off again."
    Last edited by Flowerman; 09-05-2014 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Band View Post
    And Big Band has arrived!

The ex-cop-turned-one-man-band walked calmly towards the group in general. His overcoat hiding most of his features and his odd looks that could be seen, standing out from most.

And then he really took in everyone as a whole.

".....Crazy little gig here, isn't it?"
    The stranger with the musical instruments caught Bayonetta's interest.

She walked over to him and introduced herself.

"The name's Bayonetta. With all those instruments in two, I don't supipose you're capable of playing them as well?"

"After all, I fancy myself a lover of the arts of music..."

"... and of the dance."

Val Armorr stepped into the arena. It was hot and he could feel the sweat glistening on his skin and dripping down his neck. He looked to the other fighters, but none of them were recognizable to him. The mysterious individual known as Mr. X beckoned him to step into the portal to face his first opponent. He was nervous, but knew he needed to oblige if he wanted to get out of here alive. "Jeckie, I hope I will be able to see you again....." he prayed to himself. With that, he stepped into the portal.

"Greetings Val! It's been a long time, though not long enough for my liking." a voice snarled from the darkness. Val had heard it before. The voice could only belong to....

...Nemesis Kid!

"You could have been a great ally of the Legion, Hart. Yet, you chose the path of sin and corruption. Now, it is up to me to defeat you if I wish to survive the gambit I have found myself in." With that, there was no need for words. The fight began:

Though the battle was hard fought, Val delivered the final punch and Hart was out cold. "Now, where am I"? he pondered as the wind rustled through the tall grass.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

He stood off to the side, content on observing for now after having greeted and introduced and exchanged ever so polite conversation with a few of these...people.

"An ant, a musician, a panda, a pink thing, a dancer and a lunatic. Maaaaaaaaaaan, you guys sure know how to pick em, don'tcha? Was this a fighting tournament or a freakshow?"
    Last edited by NovaPrimeX; 09-05-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by l View Post
    Prologue the One

Wait until you see what Baby Doll can do...

She saw the Wise Man, there to give him her next mission.

"The others won't be here, Baby Doll. This is your mission alone. It is called a 'Traitor Game'. It's rules will be clear enough for you. Your mission is to stay within the game, long as you can. But first - he pointed to a portal - step through to the arena. An old enemy awaits you.

"I won't let you down," she said. And she stepped through.

And indeed, the sight of an old enemy did greet her. An enemy that took her only a slight effort to defeat again:

Quote Originally Posted by Femme Fatale View Post
    The stranger with the musical instruments caught Bayonetta's interest.

She walked over to him and introduced herself.

"The name's Bayonetta. With all those instruments in two, I don't suppose you're capable of playing them as well?"

"After all, I fancy myself a lover of the arts of music... and of the dance."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLSOWrZy6xs

Ain't that a sight for sore eyes? Nevertheless, Big Band stayed classy as he simply nodded and closed his eyes...Tapping his foot for the beat before his saxaphone came out for a sultry jazz solo. In music like his fights, he let his actions do the talking and upon finishing his serenade he spoke.

"Names Big Band. Both in name and method. Nice to meet a music lover."

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Mercury View Post

"An ant, a musician, a panda, a pink thing, a dancer and a lunatic. Maaaaaaaaaaan, you guys sure know how to pick em, don'tcha? Was this a fighting tournament or a freakshow?"
    "Either way, you'll be in good company son."

As the group continued to talk someone seemed to be finished with yet another qualifying match. First thrown through the portal came three barely concious fighters, one looked like a basketball player, another as an American football player and the last one, a boxer. Following the corpse parade came a monster of a man large in stature, ripping muscles and a huge belt around his waist. After him came yet another person he was dressed in a suit, had a receding hairline and was to put it nicely, rather portly. Said man grabbed a mike and began to talk."Ladies and gentlemen for those who don't know me...my name is...Paul Heyman and it is with great honor that I serve as the advocate for this man." He pointed at the muscular man who cracked a smile. "The one in 21 and 1 when he defeated the Undertakers undefeated streak at Wrestlemania. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAWK LEEEEEEEEESNARRRRR!"

Some applause and a lot of boos.

"And just a few weeks ago not only did he become the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, he defeated, no defeat, it just doesn't work. The magnitude, the scope of the match is lost. How about conquered? No still doesn't convey what happened in that match...Murdered, yes, he murdered his opponent, slaughtered him for 15 minutes before my client Brock Lesnar so mercilessly put him out of his misery."

Heyman pointed down to the three defeated men on the floor. "I would speak about my client Brock Lesnar's physical crrrred-entials, but instead I will just point to his three opponents. Brian Battler, Heavy D and Lucky Glauber who met the same fate that John Cena did over a fortnight ago. And before you ask, yes, I knew who they were." He held up his phone. "I can use Google." He put the phone back into his coat pocket. "I also know my clients coming victims in this tournament. Because you know what I think is important in battle? Know thine enemy. Size them up, know their strengths, know their weaknesses. But...that's just me. You see my client Brock Lesnar does not care about menial things like strategy." Brock smiles. "My client Brock Lesnar doesn't care if you are a master martial artists. He doesn't care if you're a witch. He doesn't care if you're a pink blob of flesh. The bottom line is, my client Brock Lesnar doesn't care about these things because he is the Beast incarnate. My client Brock Lesnar only needs to step into the ring with you to destroy you. He is a powderkeg of pure ruthless agression. He has the preparedness that allows him to do what he does best. He will beat you, he will humiliate you, and the clincher is...there's nothing any one of you can do about it. It is with profound sadness that I now tell to you all that what you seek here is beyond your reach because my client Brock Lesnar is here and he will win this tournament. Because, no disrespect, everyone gathered here are talented in their own right, but what is man against a force of nature? Ladies and gentlemen my client Brock Lesnar, the Beast Incarnate is that force of nature and as me as his witness you are looking at the future winner of the multiversal Bloodsport tournament. The shirt says it all. Eat. Sleep. Conquer. Repeat. Eat. Sleep. Conquer. Repeat. Eat. Sleep. Conquer. Repeat. Eat! Sleep! Conquer! Repeat! Now I under stand the trepidation all of you clearly feel right now, but when you see your name on that bracket against my client Brock Lesnar your fate will already be sealed. The fate of laying hopeless on the ground as my client Brock Lesnar stands over your battered and bruised body you will feel the numbness in your arm and the tears welling up in your eyes before you lose conciousness thanking whatever deity you may worship that the slaughter is finally over. You will find however that my client Brock Lesnar is not a merciful Beast. What you will find however is solace knowing that you lost to the best of the best that this or any other world has to offer. Thank you all for your time." Heyman dropped the microphone from his lips smiled smugly as he looked around and gave Brock Lesnar a pat on the shoulder as they headed to get some refreshments.

OOC: Brock Lesnar will be your first kill NPC. I will be sending out roles tomorrow morning. First kill happens Monday and we'll have a usual M-W-F schedule.

All-New Member

Idiots. They'd all forgotten about him.

Forgotten about Ernie.

Ernie_the_Giant_Chicken.jpg

They would learn soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback

He had stepped through the portal. Of course he had. He was bored giving out expired coupons and being an immortal giant chicken, no that was not for him. Ernie wanted more from life. He had dreams. Hopes.

When he materialized in his location and looked upon his opponent, however, those thoughts turned to rage.

It was him.

Who else?

Their eyes found each other, made contact. Electricity crackled.

And without warning, like a sudden hurricane or an earthquake...

...It begun.

And, much later...

...It ended.

There was no one to stop him now...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Fowl View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLSOWrZy6xs

Ain't that a sight for sore eyes? Nevertheless, Big Band stayed classy as he simply nodded and closed his eyes...Tapping his foot for the beat before his saxaphone came out for a sultry jazz solo. In music like his fights, he let his actions do the talking and upon finishing his serenade he spoke.

"Names Big Band. Both in name and method. Nice to meet a music lover."
    Bayonetta listened to the saxophone tune he played.

"Nice and slow, I truly love your technique" she said, as she danced along to his music.

As he finished his song:

"You and I, Big Band, I believe we'll get along quite remarkably."

Out of the corner of his eye, Rock took note if two things: Brock Lesnar? Was that Raiden's real name? And was that a giant chicken? It was a giant chicken!

Yea, things are going to get really weird here
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

"What you staring at with those narrow eyes, birdy? You get lost? Need directions to the zoo with your panda pal? I mean, I can call a cab, it'd be no trouble. What you think the fare would be? A couple hundred or so? I mean it is in interuniversal travel, so it's not exactly cheap." He cupped his chin. "Oh. Idea! Maybe hitchhike it! Yeah no yeah, that could work. You, my fine poultry friend, and the big fat panda, and the pink thing! First class trip all the way to, well doesn't matter. Anywhere but here. Whaddaya say?"