Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM 12 Preview

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Me neither, but the sooner this ends, the sooner we can get into another story that would explian us what the Hell happened during these six months.
    You're going to have to wait until March for that.

Next is Dark Web. Then Wells said he would finally explain what happened and what Peter did, although according to the recap at the start of the issue, apparently the main story happened off page and everything is hunky dory now. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

It is outright amateur hour in the Spider-office right now.

The good news is you can save your money until then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    You're going to have to wait until March for that.

Next is Dark Web. Then Wells said he would finally explain what happened and what Peter did, although according to the recap at the start of the issue, apparently the main story happened off page and everything is hunky dory now. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

It is outright amateur hour in the Spider-office right now.

The good news is you can save your money until then.
    Yes, I know all that. But I really hate they put us in a situation out of nowhere; like what happened after OMD, and reality was rewritten, giving us the return of Harry Osborn out of nowhere.

Astonishing Member

Yes, I know all that. But I really hate they put us in a situation out of nowhere; like what happened after OMD, and reality was rewritten, giving us the return of Harry Osborn out of nowhere.
    One of my biggest complaints about Wells (( besides bad writing and a hatchet job on Ben ( Beyond is in the OMD, Silk, Shed, Other, Abrams class of bad Spider-Man stories)), is the fact there is no continuity to his arc. I just wonder if the best way to read him is in trades? Start with the “What did Peter do to MJ” ( or did he)? In 2023 then go back and read the 2022 stories? This way I might not like where he ends up, but at least I understand the logic behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    Perhaps this is the Hobgoblin from clone conspiracy being used by the Queen Goblin as well as Chasm and they are using Ned as well.
    Oh yeah Macendale was there, I don't remember if he turned to dust at the end of Clone Conspiracy or not. Maybe this would be controversial but I wouldn't mind Macendale being around again, he was a punk but a bit of a wildcard with all the gimmicks he kept having in the 90s.

Yes! Two Hob-, Two Goblin!

I'm really enjoying the who's behind the mask of it all. The unhinged diatribe from last issue certainly seems like peak Macendale: theatrical and belligerent.

Do y'all think we see the Gold Goblin in action this issue?

Wait, is "the baby" on Norman's list in the Gold Goblin preview (you know the one I mean, everyone was talking about it) actually a reference to Ned's baby?
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Wait, is "the baby" on Norman's list in the Gold Goblin preview (you know the one I mean, everyone was talking about it) actually a reference to Ned's baby?
    I got to thinking that too. Good catch.

However, if he were referring to the Leeds baby, Betty and Ned should have been named on the list, and they aren't.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 10-21-2022 at 05:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Whoever the baby is, we know something terrible happened/will happen to it because Wells is orchestrating the overall arc, he usually has murdered/mutiliated babies/kids in his stories. I could see Norman as having done something to Ned that would have affected the baby at conception or Betty's pregnancy before his sins were taken away.

Don't know why people are excited about the "mystery" when the cover to ASM 11 already spoiled Queen Goblin is involved, and even then Wells will undoubtedly wait a year or so - if he even resolves it prior to the end of his run - before moving an inch forward on the "mystery."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    "mystery"
    Discovering how Queen Goblin is involved could be as exciting as the who for Spider-Man's more optimistic fans.

Disclaimer: Not me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

I'm really enjoying the who's behind the mask of it all. The unhinged diatribe from last issue certainly seems like peak Macendale: theatrical and belligerent.

Could it be Lefty Donovan instead, as he was also brainwash by that machine as well as used and thrown away by Kingsley.

It was not revealed who the Hobgoblin from clone conspiracy was despite what is written in the marvel database wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Was Wolfman that bad? I thought he and Len Wein (whose runs I often get conflated in my head) were considered generally okay if uneventful. I’ve always read that O’Neill was considered the first truly bad Spidey run. Granted the era post-original clone saga (1975?) to just before Stern took over (1982?) is one of my least collected periods of Spidey. I probably have read less than a dozen issues from that entire mid 70s to very early 80s era.
    I remember Wolfman introduced Black Cat and Peter having an affair with Betty.
    Me neither, but the sooner this ends, the sooner we can get into another story that would explian us what the Hell happened during these six months.
    But I'm not expecting that to be much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Oh yeah Macendale was there, I don't remember if he turned to dust at the end of Clone Conspiracy or not. Maybe this would be controversial but I wouldn't mind Macendale being around again, he was a punk but a bit of a wildcard with all the gimmicks he kept having in the 90s.
    I think most people assume it was Macendale as the Hobgoblin in Bendis' last Miles Morales story.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Was Wolfman that bad? I thought he and Len Wein (whose runs I often get conflated in my head) were considered generally okay if uneventful. I’ve always read that O’Neill was considered the first truly bad Spidey run. Granted the era post-original clone saga (1975?) to just before Stern took over (1982?) is one of my least collected periods of Spidey. I probably have read less than a dozen issues from that entire mid 70s to very early 80s era.
    Wolfman's run ended Spider-Man being wanted by the police, split Pete and MJ up, revisited the Pete/Betty/Ned love triangle right down to Peter intentionally acting like a jerk to push her back into her husband's arms, and brought back the burglar to kill him off. Mileage varies as to how people feel about those changes but a lot of things happened whereas the Wein run didn't rock the boat too much.

O'Neil's run is pretty quirky, not bad but it's not what you'd expect from him at all. But those annuals where he collaborated with Frank Miller are fire.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Wolfman's run ended Spider-Man being wanted by the police, split Pete and MJ up, revisited the Pete/Betty/Ned love triangle right down to Peter intentionally acting like a jerk to push her back into her husband's arms, and brought back the burglar to kill him off. Mileage varies as to how people feel about those changes but a lot of things happened whereas the Wein run didn't rock the boat too much. .
    And Black Cat .

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Black Cat .
    LOL, I guess I forgot Wolfman's most significant contribution to the mythos.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

I may not be too familiar with Macendale personality, how would you describe it and was it really like how the Hobgoblin in issue 11?