Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Post-Dark Crisis Justice League(s)

Recently in an interview, Joshua Williamson said there still is no Justice League which leads me to believe that once Dark Crisis On Infinite Earths is done, there will be multiple Justice Leagues. Is anyone else getting that impression? If so, who do you want to see on these teams and how will they differentiate from each other?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Recently in an interview, Joshua Williamson said there still is no Justice League which leads me to believe that once Dark Crisis On Infinite Earths is done, there will be multiple Justice Leagues. Is anyone else getting that impression? If so, who do you want to see on these teams and how will they differentiate from each other?
    I kind of get the feeling that the future is going more Johns way with events from Flashpoint Beyond seeming to be more important than Dark Crisis so I wouldn't necessarily take anything Williamson says to be all that important.

I wouldn't mind a more Galactic League and also an Earth Based one and then Justice Society teaching the new generation though.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I kind of get the feeling that the future is going more Johns way with events from Flashpoint Beyond seeming to be more important than Dark Crisis so I wouldn't necessarily take anything Williamson says to be all that important.

I wouldn't mind a more Galactic League and also an Earth Based one and then Justice Society teaching the new generation though.

But how would Flashpoint Beyond affect the Earth 0 Justice League(s)? FPB seems to have its own little universe now.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

It is weird how it looks like Flashpoint Beyond and Batman vs Robin is going to have more of an impact than Dark Crisis.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

But how would Flashpoint Beyond affect the Earth 0 Justice League(s)? FPB seems to have its own little universe now.
    The whole bit about the heroes in stasis being inserted in the past seems way more important than anything going on in Dark Crisis. And Yeah, Batman Vs. Robin seems more important too.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

The seeds planted in FBP seems more likely to be explored in future stories than anything that was setup in DC. Plus I believe Williams will be stepping down in 2023 from writing DC stories, while Johns has more series being started.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Plus I believe Williams will be stepping down in 2023 from writing DC stories, while Johns has more series being started.
    Williamson is writing main Superman book in 2023.