Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Ewoks are sort of based on the concept of the Wookies fighting the Empire, but since George had already depicted Chewbacca as being tech-saavy he decided to create a similar, but smaller race with less advanced technology.

We did eventually get a similar battle in ROTS though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    So your fresh on these boards and you decide to come in acting like and ******* insulting people? You your not going to last long before the ban hammer takes you out kid.
    I didnt resort to expletives.

When people use that its a sign they have nothing to say & their intelligence.

You call me an A-hole and I am the one who should be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Adult is such a dumb term.

All the Pixar movies have more mature storylines than most R rated gore/sex/curse fests. IMHO trying to be adult is a sure mark of immaturity.

Star Wars is fine as it is; all ages.

There's plenty of grimdark sci-fi and fantasy in the world if you want that.
    I don't think its a mark of immaturity.
    Just because my or someone's opnion feel that many things are OVERLY childish in Star Wars.....its not exactly dumb.
    Because someone presents an opinion that goes against the masses here, like I said, everyone resorts to jumping down their throats and calls them 'dumb'

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Westlake View Post
    I didnt resort to expletives.

When people use that its a sign they have nothing to say & their intelligence.

You call me an A-hole and I am the one who should be banned?
    In your first post you said: "Ok, I will try to present my bitter disgust towards Lucas & his universe again, knowing full well I will be attacked by brainwashed Lucas clones who drink often from his Kool-aid." You're hardly setting the tone for a respectful conversation.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Just because my or someone's opnion feel that many things are OVERLY childish in Star Wars.....its not exactly dumb.
    Because someone presents an opinion that goes against the masses here, like I said, everyone resorts to jumping down their throats and calls them 'dumb'
    Again, other than one person, where is every one jumping down your throat?

Also, I think it bears repeating that you're "hot take" isn't even very controversial. If I had a nickle for every time I had heard a negative comment about ewoks I'd be a rich man.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I'm not sure how much "better" the franchise could be considering how large and successful it's been for almost 50 years. And that's largely due to the fact that it was accessible to all-ages. In fact, had it been more "adult" then it's likely it would never reach the heights it's at currently.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Again, other than one person, where is every one jumping down your throat?

Also, I think it bears repeating that you're "hot take" isn't even very controversial. If I had a nickle for every time I had heard a negative comment about ewoks I'd be a rich man.
    I only mentioned the Ewoks because 'you' brought them up.
    And you never mentioned how you felt on it.
    There are many things sprinkled throughout episodes 4 to 6 I wasnt a fan of.

Mighty Member

These opinions are for the original Lucas trilogy (Episodes 4 to 6) some of it is for Episodes 1 to 3

Ok, I will try to present my bitter disgust towards Lucas & his universe again, knowing full well I will be attacked by brainwashed Lucas clones who drink often from his Kool-aid.
    I understand he tried to make Star Wars a universe all ages would like.
    As , for lack of a better term, GOD & creationist of this universe, I guess he wanted to take elements from what he knew as a youth incorporate that into his newly planned universe so all would enjoy.
    Here is my chronic problem with it all.
    If he removed all the bubble-gum, comic, brain dead, kiddie characters and kept it on an ALL adult level, wouldnt you think it would be alot better?
    Kids, just by the subject matter, space wars, Jedi's,etc. would want to see it & become fans anyway.
    There are many franchises in books,TV or movies that have done this and kids still are fans of it.
    Im not saying he had to film it to an 'R' rated movie.....but he could have kept the same rating while eliminating the tasteless sugar.

If you're going to be attacked, it's not for sharing your views.
    It's because of how patronizing your post is .......especially the 'brainwashed Lucas clones who drink often from his Kool-aid'

It's not just patronizing
    it's childish and immature

I do like Lucas' stuff. That's what got me interested in Star Wars. I watched the first Star Wars movie when it first came out in the theater.
    I am in the minority that liked the Prequels.

any ways.........to each, his/her own
    I am not going to put down others for liking something that I don't like.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

I was referring to the terminology "adult" and the want to "adult" kid things with gore/sex/swearing. My experience has shown me that is a sure mark of immaturity.

Just tell a mature story, let the others come naturally if the story needs it.

Again, Pixar does it all the time without the gore/sex/cursing etc.

And it wasn't a post about you.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-24-2022 at 10:15 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I only mentioned the Ewoks because 'you' brought them up.
    And you never mentioned how you felt on it.
    There are many things sprinkled throughout episodes 4 to 6 I wasnt a fan of.
    I never mentioned the Ewoks at all...and even if I did it still wouldn't make what you said controversial enough to warrant Star Wars fans grabbing their pitch forks. Like I said, it's old hat to say the Ewoks were silly; there is nothing novel about that comment so it's not going to get a rise out of anyone.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!