Default My distaste with the 'Lucas' Star Wars

These opinions are for the original Lucas trilogy (Episodes 4 to 6) some of it is for Episodes 1 to 3

Ok, I will try to present my bitter disgust towards Lucas & his universe again, knowing full well I will be attacked by brainwashed Lucas clones who drink often from his Kool-aid.
    I understand he tried to make Star Wars a universe all ages would like.
    As , for lack of a better term, GOD & creationist of this universe, I guess he wanted to take elements from what he knew as a youth incorporate that into his newly planned universe so all would enjoy.
    Here is my chronic problem with it all.
    If he removed all the bubble-gum, comic, brain dead, kiddie characters and kept it on an ALL adult level, wouldnt you think it would be alot better?
    Kids, just by the subject matter, space wars, Jedi's,etc. would want to see it & become fans anyway.
    There are many franchises in books,TV or movies that have done this and kids still are fans of it.
    Im not saying he had to film it to an 'R' rated movie.....but he could have kept the same rating while eliminating the tasteless sugar.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Westlake View Post
    These opinions are for the original Lucas trilogy (Episodes 4 to 6) some of it is for Episodes 1 to 3

Ok, I will try to present my bitter disgust towards Lucas & his universe again, knowing full well I will be attacked by brainwashed Lucas clones who drink often from his Kool-aid.
    I understand he tried to make Star Wars a universe all ages would like.
    As , for lack of a better term, GOD & creationist of this universe, I guess he wanted to take elements from what he knew as a youth incorporate that into his newly planned universe so all would enjoy.
    Here is my chronic problem with it all.
    If he removed all the bubble-gum, comic, brain dead, kiddie characters and kept it on an ALL adult level, wouldnt you think it would be alot better?
    Kids, just by the subject matter, space wars, Jedi's,etc. would want to see it & become fans anyway.
    There are many franchises in books,TV or movies that have done this and kids still are fans of it.
    Im not saying he had to film it to an 'R' rated movie.....but he could have kept the same rating while eliminating the tasteless sugar.
    If you're going to be attacked, it's not for sharing your views.
    It's because of how patronizing your post is .......especially the 'brainwashed Lucas clones who drink often from his Kool-aid'

It's not just patronizing
    it's childish and immature

I do like Lucas' stuff. That's what got me interested in Star Wars. I watched the first Star Wars movie when it first came out in the theater.
    I am in the minority that liked the Prequels.

any ways.........to each, his/her own
    I am not going to put down others for liking something that I don't like.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I am in the minority that liked the Prequels.
    It never was the minority.

Mighty Member

I feel you’re going to get more attacked by calling them brainless.

Anyway, my answer to that is, Star Wars went to some dark places. I wouldn’t call episode 5 or episode 3 “bubblegum”.
    In fact, one of my issues with episode 3 was that it was too dark. We didn’t need scenes of Anakin slaughtering children, and I. don’t think hearing anakin scream “I hate you” as he burns up is bubblegum.
    Yeah, 4,6 and 1 are kind of light (6 does get darker as it goes along). But I wouldn’t exactly call them children’s films.