Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It was fun, outside all day painting. Great job.
    ^^^Thats when I was always happiest at work.
    Worst part of making rank for me was more and more admin duties.

Such a Spider-Man vibe!
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

So I literally just went to the supermarket for milk, bread, some butter and cheese. Why did it come up to 30 bucks?

Inflation is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    So I literally just went to the supermarket for milk, bread, some butter and cheese. Why did it come up to 30 bucks?

Inflation is a bitch.
    Dairy isn't inflation, it is price gouging. There was no big supply chain issues with dairy, since most is local. They raised their prices when every one else did. Not because of inflation.
    You can easily look at cost a few years ago and see there is no need for some items to have doubled or more.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Dairy isn't inflation, it is price gouging. There was no big supply chain issues with dairy, since most is local. They raised their prices when every one else did. Not because of inflation.
    You can easily look at cost a few years ago and see there is no need for some items to have doubled or more.
    I don't know if this is true of dairy in general, but milk is historically a loss leader. Groceries only carry it because customers will go to a store that does sell milk if you don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I don't know if this is true of dairy in general, but milk is historically a loss leader. Groceries only carry it because customers will go to a store that does sell milk if you don't have it.
    It was a lost leader 4 years ago, when butter didn't double in price and cream didn't triple.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Inflation is a bitch.
    Where is this? At my store, a gallon of milk, a large loaf of bread, and a small tub of butter are all around $3 each, so under $10 total. Don't know cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Where is this? At my store, a gallon of milk, a large loaf of bread, and a small tub of butter are all around $3 each, so under $10 total. Don't know cheese.
    Good ole overpriced NYC.

Hell where do you live with those beautiful prices?

Chicago. That was Jewel, which is one of our old grocery stores. I'm sure Aldi or Walmart are even cheaper.

I was going to guess you were in NYC or San Fran.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Reminds me this picture:

They look like birds on a wire… except they don’t have wings.
    Of course, they're not really that high. It's an optical illusion. The same goes for Harold Lloyd in Safety Last!.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Chicago. That was Jewel, which is one of our old grocery stores. I'm sure Aldi or Walmart are even cheaper.

I was going to guess you were in NYC or San Fran.
    Jewels, Aldi, and a corner bodega type store are where I usually go for groceries. While prices have definitely gone up compared to pre-COVID prices, they're still pretty reasonable.

Jewels? You must be a real Chicagoan.

I really need to visit Chicago.

Gotta see these grocery prices and if you guys pizza and hot dogs really compare to ours lol.

Boisterously Confused

There is gouging, and no denying. SC costs have, however, increased, particularly in places you wouldn't expect (resins used in milk cartons, etc.). A lot of low cost suppliers way upstream didn't survive pandemic). Feed costs have also gone up due to weather issues.

There's greed, but some real cost increases too.

I really need to visit Chicago.

Gotta see these grocery prices and if you guys pizza and hot dogs really compare to ours lol.
    Chicago Pizza is way better then New York Pizza IMO. I hat a hot dog from a cart outside the Fields history museum long time ago and it was way better then what I had at Nathans. Though Nathans fries cant be beat.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.