Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Working in a Mirror Factory is something I can totally see myself doing.
    HA! I see what you did there!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Who's name was Bingo? The farmer or the dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Working in a Mirror Factory is something I can totally see myself doing.
    You would have time to reflect on your career.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Our solar eclipses are a legitimate reason aliens would want to come to Earth. We're like a huge balancing rock that's a statistically rare occurrence.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Our solar eclipses are a legitimate reason aliens would want to come to Earth. We're like a huge balancing rock that's a statistically rare occurrence.
    How did they learn about them?
    This is something you would not see from light years away.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Extraterrestrial spies on Earth sending intel back to their home planet. At least that's what Giorgio whatshisname on Ancient Aliens would say.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Extraterrestrial spies on Earth sending intel back to their home planet. At least that's what Giorgio whatshisname on Ancient Aliens would say.
    Whatever he would say, it would be BS.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Why bother with an eclipse when they could see Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion or watch C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

We're capable of ascertaining sizes of planets and stars in various systems. If we can have a good idea of the size of a planet light years away, a race capable of interstellar travel having much more accurate forms of measurement isn't a crazy idea. Not that those aliens exist, but if they did, our solar eclipses are something that may not naturally be seen on anywhere else.

A race capab.e of space travel can put themselves in a position to see an eclipse of any sun with a planet.
    No reason to come here for ours.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

But, they'd get here, look at the eclipse without the special glasses, and all go blind. What a twist!

A race capab.e of space travel can put themselves in a position to see an eclipse of any sun with a planet.
    No reason to come here for ours.
    Pure aesthetics. Plus, it's the only possible reason they'd have to come here.

I just turned 43 last week. A little up there but not too old. Normally I dont feel old. But today I feel like a damn senior citizen. Let me explain.

I do not drive. But my mental health office provides me with a case manager who takes me to docotrs appointment and the store. My case manager is 25 years old. She hooks up her iphone to her car and listens to her music. I know none of the artists she is playing never heard of them. I point this out and she says

"Oh I have an artist you may know. Its a really old song but you may like it. I love it even though its so old." What does she turn on? Found Out about you by Gin Blossoms. She was roght I love that song. But it was released in 1989. I would not call that a really old song. But I guess to a 25 year old it is. Sigh.

Then to make matters worse she pulled this.

I lost 25 pounds. I am feeling pretty good about it. She says

"Yea I notice the difference. You look really good." She could have left it there and I would have been happy. A cute girl half my age calling me good looking. But she adds 5 words that killed it. "For a man your age."

UGH!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just turned 43 last week. A little up there but not too old. Normally I dont feel old. But today I feel like a damn senior citizen. Let me explain.

I do not drive. But my mental health office provides me with a case manager who takes me to docotrs appointment and the store. My case manager is 25 years old. She hooks up her iphone to her car and listens to her music. I know none of the artists she is playing never heard of them. I point this out and she says

"Oh I have an artist you may know. Its a really old song but you may like it. I love it even though its so old." What does she turn on? Found Out about you by Gin Blossoms. She was roght I love that song. But it was released in 1989. I would not call that a really old song. But I guess to a 25 year old it is. Sigh.

Then to make matters worse she pulled this.

I lost 25 pounds. I am feeling pretty good about it. She says

"Yea I notice the difference. You look really good." She could have left it there and I would have been happy. A cute girl half my age calling me good looking. But she adds 5 words that killed it. "For a man your age."

UGH!
    ^^^Argh! Ego killer!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Found Out about you by Gin Blossoms. She was roght I love that song. But it was released in 1989. I would not call that a really old song. But I guess to a 25 year old it is. Sigh.
    35 years is a really old song though. It's ten years older than she is. How many songs/movies/TV shows from 53 years ago did you not consider old when you were her age?