Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Regardless of what they do, I hope Magneto gets to reunite with his children on the big screen.

And officially classify Wanda and a resurrected Pietro as mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Regardless of what they do, I hope Magneto gets to reunite with his children on the big screen.

Agreed
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post

Honestly, it won't disappoint me if we give Magneto a break. Time for somebody like Mastermind, Calisto or Black Tom Cassidy to field a crew for reasons less pure than Magneto's so we can fully support the beatdown.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

When sitcoms say they are recorded in from of a live studio audience do they move them to the other sets when they change scenes?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    When sitcoms say they are recorded in from of a live studio audience do they move them to the other sets when they change scenes?
    Oh, I was in a live studio audience … we never moved. We could see the main sets. There was only one set we couldn’t see and that scene was shown to us on a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Oh, I was in a live studio audience … we never moved. We could see the main sets. There was only one set we couldn’t see and that scene was shown to us on a screen.
    ^^^Always wondered about that; cool!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Thanks for the info.

What makes slippery-slope arguments invalid? They tacitly admit the existence of a problem but invite inaction towards seeking a solution. In the face of a worsening existential problem, taking any action, even one that may worsen that problem or create a new one is still a positive because it removes one alternative from the list of potential solutions. Essentially, we find out what doesn’t work and can then try something else.
    The keys are approaching the problem with an intent to find a workable solution instead of forwarding an agenda and a willingness to abandon any potential solution that immediately presents itself to be more trouble than it’s worth.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 03-14-2024 at 01:50 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    What makes slippery-slope arguments invalid? They tacitly admit the existence of a problem but invite inaction towards seeking a solution. In the face of a worsening existential problem, taking any action, even one that may worsen that problem or create a new one is still a positive because it removes one alternative from the list of potential solutions. Essentially, we find out what doesn’t work and can then try something else.
    The keys are approaching the problem with an intent to find a workable solution instead of forwarding an agenda and a willingness to abandon any potential solution that immediately presents itself to be more trouble than it’s worth.
    Probably more a controversial opinion post, but I'll answer.

The problem with your position is that there are actions that cannot be undone. That redefine us for the worse.

Perhaps most importantly, ignoring the slippery slope is wrong because it's usually the easy answer, powered by anger in the moment. Sometimes the way things are must be broken. But doing so without careful thought has never turned out well.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Probably more a controversial opinion post, but I'll answer.

The problem with your position is that there are actions that cannot be undone. That redefine us for the worse.

Perhaps most importantly, ignoring the slippery slope is wrong because it's usually the easy answer, powered by anger in the moment. Sometimes the way things are must be broken. But doing so without careful thought has never turned out well.
    I don’t disagree with any of your points. I’ll note that I wasn’t advocating for rash or unplanned actions. I assumed a level- headed, thoughtful approach was implied in the last paragraph.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    I don’t disagree with any of your points. I’ll note that I wasn’t advocating for rash or unplanned actions. I assumed a level- headed, thoughtful approach was implied in the last paragraph.
    Ah. Fair point.

Boisterously Confused

Watching a Star Trek Mirror Universe episode.

There should be some characters who never have a Dark Verse Counterpart. E.G.: Q is beyond morality.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Watching a Star Trek Mirror Universe episode.

There should be some characters who never have a Dark Verse Counterpart. E.G.: Q is beyond morality.
    What would Mirror Q look like? Or Mirror Dominion?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It is a crime they never put Tiny Toons How I Spent My Summer Vacation out on DVD.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What would Mirror Q look like? Or Mirror Dominion?
    A Mirror Q would destroy The Empire for the betterment of several evolving species. A Mirror Dominion would be quietly helping other races advance; sort of an anti-prime directive