Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

The iconic heroes in both DC and Marvel comics in their ways represent the fundamental forces. Superman, Captain America, Batman, etc, these heroes cannot be overcome in their respective universes. They can be resisted but ultimately, energy directed towards/against them can only be represented as a curve or result in an elliptical orbit.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 10-28-2023 at 03:46 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    An act. He knew of the island in advance and arranged to strand them there so he could slowly drive them to despair and madness by dangling the chances of rescue in front of them and snatching it away at the last instant over and over again.
    By the by, and someone HAD to bring this up: You can’t tell me Gilligan, the Skipper or the Professor didn’t bang Ginger and/or Mary Ann every chance they got. Hell, maybe Thurston did too, better those hotties as side pieces than his shriveled crone of a wife. I mean, what else were they gonna do on that damn island!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    By the by, and someone HAD to bring this up: You can’t tell me Gilligan, the Skipper or the Professor didn’t bang Ginger and/or Mary Ann every chance they got. Hell, maybe Thurston did too, better those hotties as side pieces than his shriveled crone of a wife. I mean, what else were they gonna do on that damn island!
    Nah, it was the Skipper banging Thurston Howell.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Hey, maybe Thurston was thinking about Lovey when she was still young and hot...

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Hey, maybe Thurston was thinking about Lovey when she was still young and hot...

Point taken, my friend!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Nah, it was the Skipper banging Thurston Howell.
    Nah, Gilligan was the Skipper's "little buddy".

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Nah, Gilligan was the Skipper's "little buddy".
    In a word----EWWWW!

In a word----EWWWW!
    That's homophobic dude. I think it was very progressive of CBS to show two men in a relationship.

And why do you think Ginger and Mary Ann never hooked up with any of the free guys? The Island was a big gay love fest. Though I guess the Professor had to make something out of coconuts to help himself.

Why do I think this? The Professor gets his own hut. The Skipper and Gilligan share one, as do Ginger and Mary Ann. Why, they are grown adults. Just because they are the same gender? Ginger is a movie star, would she share a hut with someone unless she had a good reason?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That's homophobic dude. I think it was very progressive of CBS to show two men in a relationship.

And why do you think Ginger and Mary Ann never hooked up with any of the free guys? The Island was a big gay love fest. Though I guess the Professor had to make something out of coconuts to help himself.

Why do I think this? The Professor gets his own hut. The Skipper and Gilligan share one, as do Ginger and Mary Ann. Why, they are grown adults. Just because they are the same gender? Ginger is a movie star, would she share a hut with someone unless she had a good reason?
    Thanks folks. I was taking way too much innocent joy from my childhood memories.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That's homophobic dude.
    Nah. I'm pretty sure gay men feel the same way.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Why did the writer of Buffy and Astonishing X-Men, director of Avengers completely forget how superheroes work and take over a Bad Justice League movie to make it even worse?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Thanks folks. I was taking way too much innocent joy from my childhood memories.
    Innocent joy is overrated.
    Perverse delight is where things get interesting.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Nah. I'm pretty sure gay men feel the same way.
    C'mom, Skipper is a big teddy bear.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Why did the writer of Buffy and Astonishing X-Men, director of Avengers completely forget how superheroes work and take over a Bad Justice League movie to make it even worse?
    Snyder had personal problems among other reasons he had to leave to movie. (I am sure the internet has the whole story). It is very hard for a new director to take over. Especially one who usually writes the scripts he directs, and make something of another's work. It was a completely different take than he would have done. Plus Snyder wrote these movies with himself as director. It wasn't his fault, it was the studio for picking Whedon to step in to direct. The studio heads were idiots in thinking just because he was successful with one superhero team, he could just come in and finish JL. And his mistake for thinking it was a good fit for him.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Last edited by mathew101281; 10-30-2023 at 11:23 AM.