Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Snyder needs to make movies like Suckerpunch again, we need campy movies of women being extremely fashionable and beating everyone up. Dare I say Suckerpunch is the closet we will ever get to a live action Sailor Moon
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Snyder needs to make movies like Suckerpunch again, we need campy movies of women being extremely fashionable and beating everyone up. Dare I say Suckerpunch is the closet we will ever get to a live action Sailor Moon
    Nothing personal, but that’s an insult to Sailor Moon which has much more in the way of substance than the trash that’s Sucker Punch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I’d like to visit other places for the scenery and also to get a sense of how and why the people there come to believe what they believe.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Nothing personal, but that’s an insult to Sailor Moon which has much more in the way of substance than the trash that’s Sucker Punch.
    ^^^Owtch.

Still, your reaction is not unlike mine when I heard about the thankfully cancelled would’ve been craptacular Powerpuff Girls live action series.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Owtch.

Still, your reaction is not unlike mine when I heard about the thankfully cancelled would’ve been craptacular Powerpuff Girls live action series.
    And that reminds me of a rumor I heard WAY back in the mid to late 90’s about a live action Sailor Moon film with Melissa Joan Hart (Clarissa Explains It All, Sabrina the Teenage Witch) as Serena and Geena Davis as Queen Beryl, and that the film would be set in California instead of Tokyo. Thank Odin that proposed cluster-you-know-what never came to pass.

And that reminds me of a rumor I heard WAY back in the mid to late 90’s about a live action Sailor Moon film with Melissa Joan Hart (Clarissa Explains It All, Sabrina the Teenage Witch) as Serena and Geena Davis as Queen Beryl, and that the film would be set in California instead of Tokyo. Thank Odin that proposed cluster-you-know-what never came to pass.
    ^^^Much as I’ve crushed on Melissa Joan Hart all my life, that sounds horrible.

You know, you see those funny bits on shows and movies where producers say “we love your script, but let’s change everything about it”…but damn it’s amazing how often it seems to happen irl.

^^^Much as I’ve crushed on Melissa Joan Hart all my life, that sounds horrible.

You know, you see those funny bits on shows and movies where producers say “we love your script, but let’s change everything about it”…but damn it’s amazing how often it seems to happen irl.
    All too true. By the by, I was in my early 30’s when I first watched Clarissa Explains It All, and I loved it!

All too true. By the by, I was in my early 30’s when I first watched Clarissa Explains It All, and I loved it!
    ^^^I actually missed that whole show!
    I first heard of MJH because of Sabrina. And I only tuned into that (at first) because she was an Archie Comics character!

^^^I actually missed that whole show!
    I first heard of MJH because of Sabrina. And I only tuned into that (at first) because she was an Archie Comics character!
    Well, Clarissa is probably streaming somewhere if you want to watch it.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Its been sooo long since I had an honest to god BBQ chicken. I think I was in my early teens when I had it at a fair. I watched it cook and it smelled heavenly. Now if I want to get it I'd have to go to some chain. That stuff just isn't the same.
    There's a gas station where I live with a ginormous cooker barrel outside. Thing looks like it would give you tetnis even by gazing on it too long. But the BBQ that comes out of it is Food Of The Gods.

Invincible Member

I had to run to the grocery store to pick a couple of things and was reminded again how messed up our healthcare system is. An elderly Asian lady w/poor English was holding up a prescription at the pharmacy and the pharmacist took pity on her. She came out from behind the glass and was like, "You know what? This drug is really just Aleve...it's right here on this shelf."

Also, the musak in the store they play is usually either top 40, country pop or R and B pop, but for some reason they were playing Foo Fighters today.

Astonishing Member

McDonald's discontinued sugar free iced coffee. That was the best sugar free coffee in my area.

Who the heck names a horse “Friday”?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Who the heck names a horse “Friday”?
    That's pretty tame! You should see the crazy names given to racehorses! HA!

I wonder if Elon Musk will win the Nobel Prize this year.
    ???
    Did they create a new category for POS'? I could see him easily winning that.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred