Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    A bit macabre, but in line with getting older, I wonder how many of my elementary school teachers are still alive.
    ^^^I think about that sometimes.

That and, the kids I knew and haven’t seen since then, who I only remember as kids, are now as old as I am and I can’t imagine them as older.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

A bit macabre, but in line with getting older, I wonder how many of my elementary school teachers are still alive.
    I know that a chunk of the ones I had are gone. They were middle-aged then back in the '70s, but the youngest ones would be in their seventies now.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’m 65, so I know all my teachers through HIGH SCHOOL are in the ground.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’m 65, so I know all my teachers through HIGH SCHOOL are in the ground.
    Same here. And the way I remember them, they were all ancient. Probably in their 30s and 40s.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I remember so many of my teachers fondly. I really got lucky and had some good ones.

Astonishing Member

When I was young, I used to read newspaper obituaries of celebrities who were about my age. They all died of drug overdoses, suicide, car wrecks, etc. Now that I'm (really) old, I constantly see obituaries of celebrities my age or several years younger, and they died of heart attacks, cancer, strokes, liver or kidney failure, etc. The headlines might as well read "Your time is just about up, seismic-2".

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I remember so many of my teachers fondly. I really got lucky and had some good ones.
    Going to my son's HS awards ceremony, so many of the awards were named after teachers I had.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Going to my son's HS awards ceremony, so many of the awards were named after teachers I had.
    ^^^Thats pretty surreal!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. That is why I really love this place. You all are so kind and make me smile and laugh. Thanks to all my CBR friends for the well wishes and making me feel better
    Yes! Happy Birthday! That's so awesome that this place actually does that for you.

Boisterously Confused

It makes me sad, but they're gone. Among the most wonderful women I ever met.

^^^I remember I had typing class my junior year of HS (hey, it was the eighties), and the teacher was…well, thinking back she looked like Mila Kunis w. more curves. It was her first teaching gig and she was really bubbly.

Long story short me, every guy and three of the girls in that class, learned nothing about how to actually type.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I remember I had typing class my junior year of HS (hey, it was the eighties), and the teacher was…well, thinking back she looked like Mila Kunis w. more curves. It was her first teaching gig and she was really bubbly.

Long story short me, every guy and three of the girls in that class, learned nothing about how to actually type.
    I'm pretty sure if I had a teacher who looked like a more voluptuous Mila Kunis, the last thing on my mind would be typing! My senior HS Spanish teacher was distracting enough as it is.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If memory serves (a dicey proposition in my advanced years), all my high school teachers were ordinary looking men and women. Nothing noteworthy like Mila Kunis.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If memory serves (a dicey proposition in my advanced years), all my high school teachers were ordinary looking men and women. Nothing noteworthy like Mila Kunis.
    ^^^My Principal in grade school looked like Christopher Walken, right down to the huge hair!

The hottest teacher I can recall was the one in the other kindergarten class back in 1970. She was very pretty and wore then-in-style short dresses that highlighted her great legs (the latter registering with me even at that very young age). Two of my younger brothers were lucky to have had her as their teacher.