Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Why is it whenever you do laundry (or atleast when I do it), there is always that one missing sock?
    That only happens with dual dryer/transporter.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

In the Star Trek world the future is the 60's. My head canon is that they found some old footage of the time period and they decided they liked it. Women wearing mini dresses and their beehive hair. I imagine they listened to a lot of Beatles music.

ETA. I know the original pilot the women wore pants, which is more believable for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    In the Star Trek world the future is the 60's. My head canon is that they found some old footage of the time period and they decided they liked it. Women wearing mini dresses and their beehive hair. I imagine they listened to a lot of Beatles music.

ETA. I know the original pilot the women wore pants, which is more believable for the future.
    What? You think pants are more logical and practical on a military ship for women than mini dresses and cheer shorts?

I seem to recall on the first episode of TNG there was a brief shot of a male crew member wearing a skirt.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    I seem to recall on the first episode of TNG there was a brief shot of a male crew member wearing a skirt.
    I also recall some interesting male uniforming in early episodes.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Hey media, guess what? It's perfectly ok to talk about something other than Taylor Swift and the Kelces.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I began to rewatch animated X-Men in preparation for the new episodes. The story about anti-mutant hysteria and "Friends of Humanity"... frighteningly relevant today, 30 years later.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I began to rewatch animated X-Men in preparation for the new episodes. The story about anti-mutant hysteria and "Friends of Humanity"... frighteningly relevant today, 30 years later.
    I have a similar reaction to rewatching Babylon 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    This is why I’m crossing my fingers for Graydon Creed and the FOH to be the first antagonists for MCU X-Men.

This is why I’m crossing my fingers for Graydon Creed and the FOH to be the first antagonists for MCU X-Men.
    Meh I am not really. I am over the We hate Mutants for being Mutants story lines that have been done to death for so long.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Meh I am not really. I am over the We hate Mutants for being Mutants story lines that have been done to death for so long.
    But that’s the core of what X-Men is all about. People hating others for being different and them having to protect a world that fears and hates them.

After everything we’ve gone through with MAGA and BLM, that theme hits harder than ever now.

But that’s the core of what X-Men is all about. People hating others for being different and them having to protect a world that fears and hates them.

After everything we’ve gone through with MAGA and BLM, that theme hits harder than ever now.
    I get the hate mutants for being different is the core of what the xmen is. But I am just hoping for a blow em up smash up vs Magneto and the Brotherhood. I want to take my mind off my troubles for awhile not have a message smacked into me at every scene.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

^^^Same same.

Boisterously Confused

I get the hate mutants for being different is the core of what the xmen is. But I am just hoping for a blow em up smash up vs Magneto and the Brotherhood. I want to take my mind off my troubles for awhile not have a message smacked into me at every scene.
    IMO, there's room for both. Especially in today's world, where people whose acts you can't abide can have an enemy in common with you. Of course, that's really a core plot point of Singer's initial film. Still, without a full on gang brawl, it'll lack for something. I'd love to see them one-up CACW.

The problem I also have had with that is that if we had mutants in our world, the hate would be more about their super-power advantage over us than anything else.