Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Started to hang up the Christmas lights today. I love this time of year.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I always order anchovies on my pizza. I also put anchovies on salad (and not just Caesar salad, either!).
    I can imagine it being a salty taste, but I can't find the constitution to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Many years ago, out of curiosity, I tried a slice of pizza with anchovies which a co-worker had bought. Christ on a crutch, talk about godawful! Nasty on steroids! Never again!
    I have to add 'Christ on a crutch' to my repertoire. LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Going to find a tree this week. I love, love this time of the year too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    As for carrots (which I have always liked), my younger brother Joe had a similar problem like yours, but with tomato sauce. He turned red instead of orange, though.
    Wow. I had heard about carotene in carrots turning skin orange, but I have never heard that about tomatoes.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

That reminds me to shop for Christmas cards this weekend, and to make sure I have enough stamps to send them off.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

That reminds me to shop for Christmas cards this weekend, and to make sure I have enough stamps to send them off.
    ^^^Wow, I haven’t personally used a stamp in…fifteen years or longer?

Boisterously Confused

I'm glad for anything that brings others joy (within certain limits). For myself, I remain firmly Bah Humbug until Friday Afternoon, following an excellent lunch of turkey sammiches. Then, I'll be full on Deck The Halls!

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I can imagine it being a salty taste, but I can't find the constitution to try it.
    I've never tried anchovies on pizza, and haven't tried anchovies at all in decades. My recent encounter with Swedish herring has convinced me I'm not going to try anchovies again, in any form, until dementia's got a good enough grip that I don't realize what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'm glad for anything that brings others joy (within certain limits). For myself, I remain firmly Bah Humbug until Friday Afternoon, following an excellent lunch of turkey sammiches. Then, I'll be full on Deck The Halls!
    I was going to wait until Friday like I normally do. But I was feeling a bit down today and it perked me up
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I've never tried anchovies on pizza, and haven't tried anchovies at all in decades. My recent encounter with Swedish herring has convinced me I'm not going to try anchovies again, in any form, until dementia's got a good enough grip that I don't realize what's happening.
    I like Worcestershire sauce.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I don't know if anyone else out there experiences this, but, in my neck of the woods (Philadelphia), every time TV and/or radio weatherguessers say these dreaded four words after the region has gone dry: "We need the rain", the end result is almost always a deluge, which is what we're looking at tonight from a storm that's headed here. Annoys the hell out of me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Boisterously Confused

I don't know if anyone else out there experiences this, but, in my neck of the woods (Philadelphia), every time TV and/or radio weatherguessers say these dreaded four words after the region has gone dry: "We need the rain", the end result is almost always a deluge, which is what we're looking at tonight from a storm that's headed here. Annoys the hell out of me.
    The curse Weatherlings put on my region deepinaheartadixie is "we may get some ice [or snow]." It mystically vaporizes all the milk and bread in the grocery stores

The curse Weatherlings put on my region deepinaheartadixie is "we may get some ice [or snow]." It mystically vaporizes all the milk and bread in the grocery stores
    Our weather man made a comment on that last winer. He said we were going to get some light snow that was going to be less then half an inch.

Then he said it doesnt matter how much snow I saw half an inch of 6 inches most of you people are going to go buy all the milk and bread like it is the end of the world.

We get snow every year here in Cincy yet every time it falls everyone panics like it is something new.

Our weather man made a comment on that last winer. He said we were going to get some light snow that was going to be less then half an inch.

Then he said it doesnt matter how much snow I saw half an inch of 6 inches most of you people are going to go buy all the milk and bread like it is the end of the world.

We get snow every year here in Cincy yet every time it falls everyone panics like it is something new.
    The good thing is, I still have that milk I bought for that storm last winter.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The good thing is, I still have that milk I bought for that storm last winter.
    ^^^I remember the first time I killed a cow.

It was…scary.

I think the first snowfall of the season is when it's more likely to happen around here.
    After that, it has to be several inches and/or majorly windy to get that bad in the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think the first snowfall of the season is when it's more likely to happen around here.
    After that, it has to be several inches and/or majorly windy to get that bad in the stores.
    We get it every time. I am not even joking. I wish I were but the people in this town panic at nothing.