Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Britain, the UK, England, Scotland, Wales, that little backwater called N Ireland, the place that makes fish n chips, gave you Monty Python and at one time a generation of cool rock music.

What the F is going on over there. 4 Prime Minsters in 6 years! Insanity.

I'm cool if someone is either Tory or Labour, but.................those brexiteers really can't keep it together! (My random thought after seeing yet another new PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Britain, the UK, England, Scotland, Wales, that little backwater called N Ireland, the place that makes fish n chips, gave you Monty Python and at one time a generation of cool rock music.

What the F is going on over there. 4 Prime Minsters in 6 years! Insanity.

I'm cool if someone is either Tory or Labour, but.................those brexiteers really can't keep it together! (My random thought after seeing yet another new PM)
    Have they started missing Theresa May yet?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Unfettered capitalism spurs innovation to a certain degree but also stifles it by encouraging greed. An idea may be innovative, but if the potential for profit isn’t immediately apparent it will likely be abandoned.
    Speech at a conference. Sorry.

Goats like bird seed.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Goats like bird seed.
    As do rabbits.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

EA is a company that deserves the hate they get as a Business because of its wrongdoings until they get until they decide to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    EA is a company that deserves the hate they get as a Business because of its wrongdoings until they get until they decide to change.
    Who?

What did they do?

The existence of a military, to some degree, ensures eventual conflict. In order for a military force to be effective it must have a battle-tested command and training class. With key personnel aging out every 30 to 40 years it's necessary for their replacements to gain real-world experience which can only be gained through armed conflict.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Who?

What did they do?
    Eletronic Arts is a developer of video games.

Treating Workers Like Slave Workers
    One may contend that EA can’t be blamed just for being acceptable at business, and that point could be accepted. The issue is, Electronic Arts makes their staff overwork and pay less. It’s obvious, in America, there is something referred to as “overtime law,” where any employee working more than forty hours in seven days gets paid at 1.5 times their typical rate for those extra hours.

By one way or another, however, EA never got the update about not driving the software engineers to work like sweatshop workers. Erin Hoffman, presumed as the “EA Spouse”, posted in 2004, the scenario of how her husband and other employees of Electronic Giant were treated and forced to work more than 84 hours per week without paying them for those extra working hours. Her standing up prompted three separate lawsuits against EA.

Buying Companies Only to Ruin Them
    During the 90s Electronic Arts set about acquiring software developer companies, with the expectations of working with these skilled studios to make incredible programming esteems for the customers. However, what EA really needed was to acquire a lot of effectively mainstream franchises, and force for developing horrible sequels.

It was not like EA was bothered much about the fact since they almost ran Studios like Origin and Westwood into the ground. When the studios were not profitable anymore, EA basically terminated everyone and took whatever money they had made. Everyone wins, besides the engineers who had to stab their dearest creation to death.

That I got from this article.

https://businessinspection.net/why-e...hated-company/

Another reason they are hated is that they fooled individuals that they created a video game that is a continuation of the great Nintendo 64 video game Golden Eye.

Also, Persons had to pay 20 dollars to get the true ending of Mass Effect 3 after buying Mass Effect 3 for 60 bucks. That was intentionally done so that EA could make more cash, and is very inane because persons buy a video game to have fun, and to enjoy the whole video game.

Astonishing Member

Anytime you see anyone bragging over Unemployment numbers. Keep in mind the number would be higher id the system wasn't designed to make it as difficult as possible to sucessfully file a claim. Criminal...... But that's Goverment I suppose.

Something very unbelievable in the great movie Blade is no explanation for why humans have no reaction since during the day humans can see Blade wearing a tactical vest, also his sword which is visible behind him. Since most humans don't know vampires exist in the Blade movie universe then it is a realistic reaction for humans to wonder why exactly is he carrying a sword, and why he is wearing a tactical vest.
    Most humans wouldn't conclude he's hunting because the tactical vest he's wearing is a unique design, and a sword is not a common weapon used for hunting.

Boisterously Confused

Something very unbelievable in the great movie Blade is no explanation for why humans have no reaction since during the day humans can see Blade wearing a tactical vest, also his sword which is visible behind him. Since most humans don't know vampires exist in the Blade movie universe then it is a realistic reaction for humans to wonder why exactly is he carrying a sword, and why he is wearing a tactical vest.
    Most humans wouldn't conclude he's hunting because the tactical vest he's wearing is a unique design, and a sword is not a common weapon used for hunting.
    Yeah, today he'd get a cop swat about two minutes after crawling out of his car. When the movie was made, he might have been written off as a pretentious fashion statement. Still, there would have been a reaction
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 11-07-2022 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, today he'd get a cop swat about two minutes after crawling out of his car. When the movie was made, he might have been written off as a pretentious fashion statement. Still, there would have been a reaction
    I love the movie because it's a great Horror Action Super Hero Movie with well-written characters with believable motivations, great world building including showing how powerful Frost and the Vampires are and why the dark truth that vampires hasn't been exposed by humans, a great original soundtrack, a Badass Protagonist with an amazing looking costume including the tactical vest, black leather trench coat, etc however I can still state that as a flaw that is a fair nitpick in a great movie.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

blizzard should make a world of starcraft mmo

Boisterously Confused

I love the movie because it's a great Horror Action Super Hero Movie with well-written characters with believable motivations, great world building including showing how powerful Frost and the Vampires are and why the dark truth that vampires hasn't been exposed by humans, a great original soundtrack, a Badass Protagonist with an amazing looking costume including the tactical vest, black leather trench coat, etc however I can still state that as a flaw that is a fair nitpick in a great movie.
    Agreed. Love the film. IIRC, this was the first film that showed there really might be a market for superhero films beyond Superman or Batman.