Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Why is there a Munster cheese, but not an Addams Family cheese?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Why is there a Munster cheese, but not an Addams Family cheese?
    There is, alternate spelling. Edam
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Been watching Tales of The Wizard of Oz by Rankin Bass. It's as far from Frank L. Baum as you can get (even from the movie), but I like it. I especially like Rusty the grumpy Tin Man voiced by Larry D. Mann

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I finished all my holiday shopping and card mailing. Now I can kick back and relax while the procrastinators run around like headless chickens. Ahhh, what a good feeling!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I finished all my holiday shopping and card mailing. Now I can kick back and relax while the procrastinators run around like headless chickens. Ahhh, what a good feeling!
    My mother was an early Christmas shopper. She once bought a present for someone in NOVEMBER the year before the Christmas it was intended for.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

My dad and I have all of our shopping done by the end of September. That way we dont have to worry about shipping delays, out of stock items, and we can use the money for the higher heating bills in the winter.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Been watching Tales of The Wizard of Oz by Rankin Bass. It's as far from Frank L. Baum as you can get (even from the movie), but I like it. I especially like Rusty the grumpy Tin Man voiced by Larry D. Mann
    When I was a kid and they would regularly show the movie The Wizard of Oz (the one with Judy Garland from the late 1930s) on network TV +/- once a year, I never really got the full effect of the movie changing from black-and-white (for the portions set in Kansas) to technicolor (for Oz) because we still had a b&w TV.

We didn't get a color television until I was almost a teenager, after our old b&w console TV finally gave up on us.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    My mother was an early Christmas shopper. She once bought a present for someone in NOVEMBER the year before the Christmas it was intended for.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My dad and I have all of our shopping done by the end of September. That way we dont have to worry about shipping delays, out of stock items, and we can use the money for the higher heating bills in the winter.
    My Christmas shopping is kind of similar I guess. If I'm out and about and I see something I think a friend or family member would like I just buy it and stash it away. That way I have a gift for them, ready to go.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Retired

Delete this post.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 01-04-2023 at 05:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Why do stores lock up condoms? Some people aren't comfortable buying them so why make it more awkward to buy? Don't they want to prevent STDs and teen pregnancies?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Why do stores lock up condoms? Some people aren't comfortable buying them so why make it more awkward to buy? Don't they want to prevent STDs and teen pregnancies?
    Don't they want to make money selling them vs. having horny teenagers shoplift them?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Most of the lower 48 is suffering through a dreadful cold snap. Here in Philly, it’s all of 12 degrees with a “real feel” of minus 6. I’m officially done with winter.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Most of the lower 48 is suffering through a dreadful cold snap. Here in Philly, it’s all of 12 degrees with a “real feel” of minus 6. I’m officially done with winter.
    Here in Cincy we woke up to -38 wind chill. I too am so over winter.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Here in Cincy we woke up to -38 wind chill. I too am so over winter.
    Only 11° this am here, but 40-50° Christmases are the norm, so we're dyin'!

I think one of the NYC weather guys (Channel 2's Lonnie Quinn) recently said this Christmas could be the coldest Christmas in New York City in 116 years.