Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 601
  1. #61
    Ultimate Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    12,114

    Default

    I Didnt know That the original name of The Dodgers was the Trolley Dodgers. Learn something new every day!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

  2. #62
    Uncanny Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    29,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I Didnt know That the original name of The Dodgers was the Trolley Dodgers. Learn something new every day!
    Did Los Angeles get rid of trolleys before the Dodgers moved there from Brooklyn?

    My Dad, who was Brooklyn born and raised, was a Dodgers fan until they left for the West Coast.
    But by that time, he had moved to New Jersey after he and my Mom got married.

  3. #63
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I Didnt know That the original name of The Dodgers was the Trolley Dodgers. Learn something new every day!
    I can't remember when I learned that, but it fit very neatly into the impression of Looney Tunes, 1930-1940s cinema, and Jack Kirby comics had given me.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 01-05-2023 at 08:22 PM.

  4. #64
    Ultimate Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    12,114

    Default

    My Coffee maker broke down today after just 4 weeks of having it.

    At first I was pretty mad but then I got to thinking. If they cant make a coffee machine that works, or if the computers keep crashing then we are decades away from killer robots that come back to threaten Sarah Conner.

    I will sleep a little easier tonight.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

  5. #65
    insulin4all CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    10,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My Coffee maker broke down today after just 4 weeks of having it.

    At first I was pretty mad but then I got to thinking. If they cant make a coffee machine that works, or if the computers keep crashing then we are decades away from killer robots that come back to threaten Sarah Conner.

    I will sleep a little easier tonight.
    Well, yeah, your coffee maker's broken.
    Ill don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

  6. #66
    Uncanny Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    29,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My Coffee maker broke down today after just 4 weeks of having it.
    Which brand is/was it, and did it come from an actual brick-and-mortar store or was it an online purchase?

  7. #67
    Ultimate Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    12,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Which brand is/was it, and did it come from an actual brick-and-mortar store or was it an online purchase?
    It was a Mr Coffee 5 cup coffee maker. It was a brick and mortar store. I took it back to day and got an exchange on it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

  8. #68
    I am invenitable Jack Dracula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Slouching toward Bethlehem
    Posts
    4,972

    Default

    Chaos always precedes order. It’s simply a matter of time and scale and perspective.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    Its your party and you can cry if you want to. - Captain Europe

  9. #69
    Uncanny Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    29,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Chaos always precedes order.
    Is that why it sometimes takes so long when you're waiting in the drive-thru line at some eating establishments?

  10. #70
    I am invenitable Jack Dracula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Slouching toward Bethlehem
    Posts
    4,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is that why it sometimes takes so long when you're waiting in the drive-thru line at some eating establishments?
    ….Yes, it is. It begins with a chaotic assembly, delivery, and payment process and results in an “order”.

    Every fraction of a second we experience originates as a chaotic cloud of collapsing probabilities, each possible circumstance developing and canceling others out as all possible variables reduce and coalesce into a single event, which in this case would be you getting a burger and fries.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 01-26-2023 at 06:55 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    Its your party and you can cry if you want to. - Captain Europe

  11. #71
    Uncanny Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    29,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    ….Yes, it is. It begins with a chaotic assembly, delivery, and payment process and results in an “order”.

    Every fraction of a second we experience originates as a chaotic cloud of collapsing probabilities, each possible circumstance developing and canceling others out as all possible variables reduce and coalesce into a single event, which in this case would be you getting a burger and fries.
    And here I figured it was more of a "Would you like fries with that?" thing . . .

  12. #72
    I am invenitable Jack Dracula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Slouching toward Bethlehem
    Posts
    4,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And here I figured it was more of a "Would you like fries with that?" thing . . .
    You may order fries, but will you actually get them?
    Until you open the bag and see, the fries inhabit a state of both existence and non-existence.
    It's basically Schrodinger's Happy Meal.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 01-26-2023 at 07:49 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    Its your party and you can cry if you want to. - Captain Europe

  13. #73
    Uncanny Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    29,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    You may order fries, but will you actually get them?
    Probably not if it's a Starbucks drive-thru . . .

  14. #74
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,494

    Default

    What do ghosts do with themselves when they've driven everyone out of the house and there's no one to scare?

  15. #75
    Invincible Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    What do ghosts do with themselves when they've driven everyone out of the house and there's no one to scare?
    On Doom Patrol, they screw. On Ghost, they carry on there mundane existence.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •