Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Chicago Pizza is way better then New York Pizza IMO. I hat a hot dog from a cart outside the Fields history museum long time ago and it was way better then what I had at Nathans. Though Nathans fries cant be beat.
    Freddie, those are fighting words. I grew up on hot dogs from Nathans and Katz Deli, that's a tall order.

And someone clearly took you to the wrong pizza shop too. Gotta get you some more slices from Brooklyn.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    There is gouging, and no denying. SC costs have, however, increased, particularly in places you wouldn't expect (resins used in milk cartons, etc.). A lot of low cost suppliers way upstream didn't survive pandemic). Feed costs have also gone up due to weather issues.

There's greed, but some real cost increases too.
    When government spending as a percentage of GDP is at its highest, inflation will be, too. As was the case when I was a kid during the '70s, it won't be coming back to where it was a few years back overall, either. Not that I don't wish that weren't the case, of course.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Freddie, those are fighting words. I grew up on hot dogs from Nathans and Katz Deli, that's a tall order.

And someone clearly took you to the wrong pizza shop too. Gotta get you some more slices from Brooklyn.
    ^^^You tell ‘em, Android 17!

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post

I am just a fan of deep dish. Flat and wide does nothing for me.

And you cant be that mad about Nathans. I gave you all the fries lol
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-01-2024 at 05:23 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I am just a fan of deep dish. Flat and wide does nothing for me.
    ^^^Must…not make…dirty…joke…

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    There is gouging, and no denying. SC costs have, however, increased, particularly in places you wouldn't expect (resins used in milk cartons, etc.). A lot of low cost suppliers way upstream didn't survive pandemic). Feed costs have also gone up due to weather issues.

There's greed, but some real cost increases too.
    Sure, but 9% inflation foe half a year should not result in tripling of prices.
    When potatoes cost me about 30 cents more than before the pandemic, why have chips doubled in price?
    Rhetorical, it's gouging.
    One only has to look at corporate profits for proof.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Chicago Pizza is way better then New York Pizza IMO. I hat a hot dog from a cart outside the Fields history museum long time ago and it was way better then what I had at Nathans. Though Nathans fries cant be beat.
    Pfft! Chicago pizza isn't pizza, it's a casserole! I'll take New York style anyday!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pfft! Chicago pizza isn't pizza, it's a casserole! I'll take New York style anyday!

^^^Good point!!!

That pic reminds me, I haven’t made a Mexican lasagna in ages. I will do that this week, just need to hit the store for a few ingredients I don’t have on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Good point!!!

That pic reminds me, I haven’t made a Mexican lasagna in ages. I will do that this week, just need to hit the store for a few ingredients I don’t have on hand.
    Maybe I don't get out enough, but, I've never heard of Mexican lasagna. Please enlighten me about it.

With or without a bra?

The self-employed DJ, who had just attended the world-famous Sundance film festival, alleged that after “every single person” had taken their seat, she was “loudly” summoned to the front of the plane.

Once there, The Independent reported, the New Zealand expat was herded out into the passenger gangway and given a stern reprimand for her “baggy” t-shirt and long pants, which Delta employees called “revealing” and “offensive attire.”
    Employees offended by the attire of a passenger?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    With or without a bra?

Employees offended by the attire of a passenger?
    Is there a proper picture of her from the flight? From that photo in the article it looks like she has white top that might have been seen-through. If it's seen-through, yes, she should wear a bra unless she's brest-feeding. Other passengers have a right to not have to see someone's breasts.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Is there a proper picture of her from the flight? From that photo in the article it looks like she has white top that might have been seen-through. If it's seen-through, yes, she should wear a bra unless she's brest-feeding. Other passengers have a right to not have to see someone's breasts.
    The entertainer who reported this story said that, as a man, he wouldn’t be as discriminated as a woman if someone saw his tits…

There always has been a double standart between men and women about nudity. I remember seeing men naked to the waist walking in my town last summer…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Maybe I don't get out enough, but, I've never heard of Mexican lasagna. Please enlighten me about it.
    ^^^Its a recipe my spouse and I ran across god, over twenty years ago.
    It’s like a traditional lasagna w. the best parts of a taco and a burrito mixed in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Its a recipe my spouse and I ran across god, over twenty years ago.
    It’s like a traditional lasagna w. the best parts of a taco and a burrito mixed in there.
    Hmm! Sounds tasty! I'll bet it IS tasty too!

Hmm! Sounds tasty! I'll bet it IS tasty too!
    ^^^It'll put you on the couch w. your pants undone big time.