Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Still ridiculous that even with a major Batfam member turned....they make him switch to the good guys team and have Harley still avoid being turned. But it's DC so.....
    Yeah, you can almost feel DC bemoaning the "lack" of Batfam members.

Though in Harley's case I wonder if it's just a case of Tynion loving her too much (given how he wrote her in his Batman run). I guess he had to resist the urge to sneak in Punchline or one of his other OCs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    They won't. They probably just thought it's cool and fits Damian character. And also they're seemingly setting up Barbara and Damian against Dick, as his closest people in Bat-Fam, who's still alive at this point.
    Damian gets possessed a decent number of times so not sure fits his character though we could argue that before he turned 10 he was able to a lifetime of conditioning and brainwashing so that does fit his character.

Personally, I like to think that it's the blood of the demon + being a child. The only thing that sets him apart from every single person that's being turned.

The heroes all have the kind of character that fits resistance. They all had loved ones.
    Those arguments can be made for everyone that turned and lost their humanity. None of the them however is an Al Ghul that's under the age of 15. None of them is a minor or of an age that could be considered an innocent.

I like to think that's why Damian is able to retain his humanity. He's age and his blood/frequent jaunts to the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Yeah, you can almost feel DC bemoaning the "lack" of Batfam members.

Though in Harley's case I wonder if it's just a case of Tynion loving her too much (given how he wrote her in his Batman run). I guess he had to resist the urge to sneak in Punchline or one of his other OCs lol
    Then how do you explain Tim Drake dying? Tynion ran 2 Tim Drake blogs up until he got hired to write rebirth Tec. Don't think Harley is here because the writer loves her. She's here because she sells more than the majority.

It's quite simple.

Spectacular Member

Nah. It’s canonically totally out of character for any vampire in this universe to retain their human morality, no matter who they are. Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Nightwing himself, it doesn’t matter who you where before you turned, you come out of it a soulless predator who is 100% loyal to the vampire race.

For Damian to retain his humanity there has to be an in-story reason. I’m plumping for Lazarus Pit residue in his blood shorting out some aspects of the turn, which in turn allows him to restore humanity to vampires he feeds his own blood to - which explains the restoration of Batwoman and the weird, self-sabotaging way King Dick has been acting since biting Damian.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    They also let Batwoman retain her humanity as well
    Restore, not retain. She was a mindless blood-addict until Damian found her and did ‘something’ to bring her back.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Personally, I like to think that it's the blood of the demon + being a child. The only thing that sets him apart from every single person that's being turned.
    Raven. Different demon, but still a (pretty much ultimate) demon, and she turned just like any other vampire.

OTOH, Mary Marvel is the only other kid I can think of in the story, and look what she was able to do. So you may indeed be into something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    Raven. Different demon, but still a (pretty much ultimate) demon, and she turned just like any other vampire.

OTOH, Mary Marvel is the only other kid I can think of in the story, and look what she was able to do. So you may indeed be into something.
    Jason Blood as well, i mean the case could be made his human half got bit but that doesn't explain why he would not turn into Etrigan, who let's be honest would have more sense to be around for this and on a team.

Again, this story is very poorly thought out even by Elseworlds standards and requires too much work to suspend ones disbelief and ignore the faults.

Don't expect much, especially logic, from something written by Rosenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Don't expect much, especially logic, from something written by Rosenberg.
    I thought it was Tinion who was at the helm of this sinking ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    A bit of tinfoil hat theory time, but I think Supergirl is secretly infected/turning and there's a ticking clock until it happens unless she burns the infection with sunlight or something.

I'm probably reading too much into this, but she's shown like she's aged 30 years in 30 seconds, we're constantly told how weakened and sickly she is (and sure, Kryptonians lose their powers without sunlight but generally not this much) that she can't barely get out of bed, there was a scene where she aks Atom why doesn't he trust she can save them and don't get an answer (dun dun dun), one of the vampires shown in prior issues was, of all the characters they could have chosen, Power Girl (and identified as such in the dialogue, not just an artwork thing)...
    Well, in the Crucifer story he couldn't turn Kryptonians. The best he could do is enthrall them, to act as his slaves.

Lol just read #10 and of course DC vs Vampires is a series where the entire fucking DCU jobs to batcharacters. I don't know why I expected something else from Tynion

Spectacular Member

And with one punchy cameo, every theory of how and why Damien is the only vampire free from the horror hunger and slavish loyalty gene gets volleyed into space.

Who was that exterminator looking guy with the hand held portable bat signal?

In that batsignal scene I recognized the rest of the extended bat-family but not the guy in the jump suit and googles.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-25-2022 at 04:19 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

I genuinely don't understand the point of the spoilers:
    Punchline
    end of spoilers scenes.

1) Break into Gotham.

2) Met at entry point by randomly independent minded vampire(s), get locked up for most of the issue.

3) Start mission to call-out and eliminate King Dick.

The first and third entries in that list were relevant and advanced the story, the second entry did neither. Given that the other two plotlines were also pretty much spinning their wheels, what a waste of an issue.

Astonishing Member

Because she's Tynion's creation and they're trying to push her. It's pretty much the only reason, why she appeared here.