Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    It was a decent look for a kid for the time. But these days, Straight Man just kinda reminds me of this line from the Harley Quinn show Poison Ivy used to describe somebody:

"Oh, look! An unremarkable white guy!" LOL
    Perfect for a straightman .

Mighty Member

I'm honestly more interested in seeing the comic explore original characters. It gives Dini, Burnett, and their artists and colorists more creative freedom than just promoting toys. The inclusion of more modern elements to the DCAU was a mixed bag. I liked Azrael and Deathstroke. The Court of Owls was okay, but underwhelming (for now). Red Hood and the "modern" Suicide Squad didn't work, and like I mentioned, I felt the latter was a big weakness in the Straightman arc. The other characters not yet adapted (figures or planned) were Vampire Batman, Thomas Wayne Batman, Batman Who Laughs, and Hush, and I think I was only interested in the first one. Though I know Dini likes Hush.

Speaking of, the solicit for the season 3 finale came out and it looks like the series will end there. I'm very intrigued by the line "Find out in this series finale over 30 years in the making!".
    Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 05-19-2023 at 09:44 PM.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I'm honestly more interested in seeing the comic explore original characters. It gives Dini, Burnett, and their artists and colorists more creative freedom than just promoting toys. The inclusion of more modern elements to the DCAU was a mixed bag. I liked Azrael and Deathstroke. The Court of Owls was okay, but underwhelming (for now). Red Hood and the "modern" Suicide Squad didn't work, and like I mentioned, I felt the latter was a big weakness in the Straightman arc. The other characters not yet adapted (figures or planned) were Vampire Batman, Thomas Wayne Batman, Batman Who Laughs, and Hush, and I think I was only interested in the first one. Though I know Dini likes Hush.

Speaking of, the solicit for the season 3 finale came out and it looks like the series will end there. I'm very intrigued by the line "Find out in this series finale over 30 years in the making!".
    It does feel appropriate for them to close out with Ra's, if nothing else.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Perfect for a straightman .
    But not really for an interesting character.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

But not really for an interesting character.
    At the very least I found his situation and life story fairly interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the very least I found his situation and life story fairly interesting.
    To each their own, I guess. I kinda hope this is the last we see of the character, personally.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

To each their own, I guess. I kinda hope this is the last we see of the character, personally.
    I would assume as much if not for the cliffhanger at the end.

Extraordinary Member

Batman: The Adventures Continue Season Three #6 Preview
    Writer: Alan Burnett & Paul Dini
    Artist: Ty Templeton

Closing out with Ra's, huh? Is that Talia at the end there? And is Selina the one running?

(If Bruce won't enjoy the ladies in swimsuits, I will ).

Mighty Member

This is one of the better covers in the series. Interesting that Ra's is all greyed out. I wonder if he'll be much older in the story.

Neat that we've gotten a Beach Episode that B:TAS never had.

I've seen speculation on the woman escaping from the pursuers, from Cassandra Cain to Strix. My money's on Catwoman, for some reason.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    This is one of the better covers in the series. Interesting that Ra's is all greyed out. I wonder if he'll be much older in the story.

Neat that we've gotten a Beach Episode that B:TAS never had.

I've seen speculation on the woman escaping from the pursuers, from Cassandra Cain to Strix. My money's on Catwoman, for some reason.
    I think a future cover had Selina with a Talon which is why I thought it was her.

Incredible Member

I'm curious... is this gonna be Burnett and Dini's take on "The Near Apocalypse of 09"?

spoilers:
    You can feel the vibes that this is the final arc because crime in Gotham is quiet for once, Bruce is on a vacation and questioning whether he needs to keep being Batman, some nice call-backs...and Ra's is the final boss.

Beach episode! Ty Tempeton drew those swimsuit clad ladies quite well.

Talia, always Bruce's greatest temptation (next to Catwoman). And she's as stunning and alluring as ever. Also first on-screen sex scene between the two in the DCAU.

There's no way Ra's is completely on the up and up, so I'm guessing he's either trying to find a new Lazarus Pit source or there's more to his plan than just seemingly giving Bruce the key to ending world hunger.

I really didn't like how little Catwoman did in her appearance in season 1, so I'm glad to see her more plot relevant here, and while the prospect of some Gotham City Sirens content is nice...did we really need yet another story with Harley this season?
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

So far, I really like this one. Due to us knowing where the characters end up (Beyond), what we learn with Ra's is something that was said in his last two appearances in the DCAU (Superman and Beyond), in that the pits are starting to lose their effects on Ra's (and they had to alter the process for safety).

Mighty Member

The thing is this series isn't necessarily canon to Beyond according to the writers