Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    It wasn't just the we hate minorities crowd. Bendis gave her a kinda bad introduction making her Tony Stark 2.
    That in itself wasn't a problem, as she wasn't a clone of the previous Iron Man legacy characters (War Machine and Rescue). They just rushed it. She was introduced, a few issues later Civil War II happened and Tony wound up in a coma, and suddenly Riri became the lead character of Invincible Iron Man, when Tony had barely had time to do any mentoring with her and she hadn't even chosen her codename yet! What should've happened is that Tony sees a bit of himself in the girl, and mentors her for a year or so, before she gets her own book. The one thing they did right was adding her to the Champions at the end of Waid's run - that was probably done because Bendis was leaving Iron Man (and Marvel completely), but the timing was right for it anyway. It was in Champions that she got her current armour, before Eve Ewing started her solo book.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-05-2022 at 05:18 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That in itself wasn't a problem, as she wasn't a clone of the previous Iron Man legacy characters (War Machine and Rescue). They just rushed it. She was introduced, a few issues later Civil War II happened and Tony wound up in a coma, and suddenly Riri became the lead character of Invincible Iron Man, when Tony had barely had time to do any mentoring with her and she hadn't even chosen her codename yet! What should've happened is that Tony sees a bit of himself in the girl, and mentors her for a year or so, before she gets her own book. The one thing they did right was adding her to the Champions at the end of Waid's run - that was probably done because Bendis was leaving Iron Man (and Marvel completely), but the timing was right for it anyway. It was in Champions that she got her current armour, before Eve Ewing started her solo book.
    Doom was already a supporting character in the book for a year before Tony’s death and he became “Infamous Iron Man.”
    So I can see why he didn’t want to do the exact same with Riri.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think people forget that she was a Bendis creation, probably one his his best. I liked her appearances in Infamous Iron Man when she got a bit of advice about staying in school from Victor von Doom

so did he offer for her to study at the university of Latveria? She wouldn't be allowed to leave, of course...

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think the Latverian Academy of Sciences is only for citizens of Latveria. One of them claimed to be the son of the vampire Morbius.

[/URL]

Extraordinary Member

I think the Latverian Academy of Sciences is only for citizens of Latveria. One of them claimed to be the son of the vampire Morbius.

[/URL]
    I remember a daughter of Daimon Hellstrom but not a son of Morbius.

so who is the baron blood lookalike? not to mention the mummy and "She-Doom"....?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who is the baron blood lookalike? not to mention the mummy and "She-Doom"....?
    That IS the John Falsworth Baron Blood.
    The mummy is just some random.

Kristoff Vernard had all of the doombots that served the Latveria school to be female gyroid Doombots instead. There’s over two dozen of them.

I think people forget that she was a Bendis creation, probably one of his best. I liked her appearances in Infamous Iron Man when she got a bit of advice about staying in school from Victor von Doom

I only remember her taking credit for stopping Doom when she didn't even do anything .

And also all that nonsense with Von Bardas.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I only remember her taking credit for stopping Doom when she didn't even do anything .

And also all that nonsense with Von Bardas.
    Yeah, I forgot about that. She was hailed as a hero or something.

Wakanda Forever possible spoiler

spoilers:
    allegedly the actress Lake Bell will be playing a character named Lucia Von Bardas. She was at the premier and when asked her character's name she said she was told not to reveal it. The name of her character doesn't appear in the IMDB cast listing....yet...either
    end of spoilers.

Wow...I just read some of that again. I forgot Riri became ruler of Latveria for a hot minute or two.