Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thor doesn't use Storm breaker anymore. He's back to the hammer, which gained some cool new powers in there. Adam most definitely can't lift the hammer.
    Nothing says he doesn't use storm breaker anymore he let love use but there's nothing to say she keeps it I'm good with Thor having both for now also there's nothing to say Adam can or cannot pick up the hammer it's about being worthy.

Astonishing Member

I don't really want to start some worthiness Mjolnir debate for Black Adam, who even at his movie end refused to be called a hero, more a territorial protector (Lethal Protector if you will), but even Superman was made only temporarily worthy through fiat in the most famous DC/Marvel crossover.

But I think it's cool movie Doctor Fate (who turned out to be around 100 years old and an agent for higher powers as much as Shazam/Black Adam are) stated he was worth saving the world, against his wishes, which came through.

Swiss army nerd

Thor doesn't use Storm breaker anymore. He's back to the hammer, which gained some cool new powers in there. Adam most definitely can't lift the hammer.
    Ah, I'd forgotten he'd handed Stormbreaker off. Mainly because I've tried to excise Love and Thunder from my memory.

Still, I dont think Adam even needs to co-opt an axe or hammer, though I do have the funny image in my head of Thor throwing Mjolnir and Adam superspeeding Thor into the hammer's path.

With regards to lightning etc, I don't see why Thor would be able to strip Adam of his powers or anything, and basically I doubt their lighting would hurt the other given their powersets.

Adam ultimately wears him down by being infinitely faster and strong enough to damage.

For me, on top of the obvious notion that Black Adam is far too fast for Thor, he DOES have the strength to defeat him. The statue-lifting feat, ripping Sabbac in half, and that sonic clap (which was more powerful than any MCU Hulk clap), would suggest he's strong enough.

If Hulk can make him bleed and Thanos can beat him until he's immobile, Adam can put him down permanently for sure with a relentless superspeed assault.

Would Thor's magical autohoming lightning potentially transform Adam back into a child?
    That certainly wouldn't happen, as powerless Black Adam is still an adult.

Im also of the opinion that Adam has enough oomph to hurt the guy. At least enough for a relentless blitz to do the trick.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Having just seen the film, I'd tend to agree with Adam winning through DCEU Speedblitz(TM).

Also, what do we think about a depowered fight between those guys? Adam did show some nice moves right after Doctor Fate freed him from Waller's stasis pod.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    what do we think about a depowered fight between those guys? Adam did show some nice moves right after Doctor Fate freed him from Waller's stasis pod.
    I feel Thor should win easily because I remember he was more naturally strong and better trained while Teth Adam's escape scene was more fueled by utter desperation and rage, against what comparatively would have been night shift prison guards. Compared to when Hawkeye was ready to finish depowered Thor.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I feel Thor should win easily because I remember he was more naturally strong and better trained while Teth Adam's escape scene was more fueled by utter desperation and rage, against what comparatively would have been night shift prison guards. Compared to when Hawkeye was ready to finish depowered Thor.
    Yeah, basically both have them have depowered feats of beating up featless guards in the employ of a secretive government agency. But Thor at least is canonically 5000+ years old and has been fighting the whole time. He's not as muscular as Adam but I think he takes it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    But Thor at least is canonically 5000+ years old
    He's 1,500 years old.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    He's 1,500 years old.
    I think you're being pretty nitpicky there, I'm only 3,500 years out.