Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DCEU Black Adam vs MCU Thor

Now that the movie is out, who do you think would win?

He treats Thor like he did Hawkman.

Dude is too fast.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Adam is much faster, but i don't know that he's strong enough to actually hurt Thor.

Thor can definitely hurt Adam, but hitting him would be difficult to imagine unless Adam tries to face tank the guy (which isn't out of the question).

Would Thor's magical autohoming lightning potentially transform Adam back into a child? Can Thor use his latent Odin-y power to simply strip the powers from Adam? The guy did turn 50 children into Thors using roughly the same trick Odin did. I mean, i doubt that second one, but...

Anyway, this seems like a pretty immortal stalemate. Adam can't really hurt Thor, Thor might not be able to hit Adam with anything that can hurt the guy.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

Might not be enough to wear Thor down with a blitz, but other than treating people and vehicles like tissue paper, and ultimately treating Hawkman (who lifted and threw a car effortlessly) like a schmuck, Black Adam's notable strength feats are picking up a multi-story tall stone statue and smashing into an Intergang base by throwing some giant piece of machinery at it.

He was also able to generate building-sized thunder explosions when angry. Stuff might not have been truly omnidirectional, but the first time he used it it generated enough of a shockwave to take down a statue outside the palace it destroyed, and by movie end Adam mastered his thunder into boosting his strength with it, in order to rip Sabbac (who physically was his demonic counterpart) in half, Sentry-style.

In a theoretical future fight with Superman I assume Adam wouldn't be portrayed as easily outmatched and he already built a world-class team wrecker reputation for himself, but time will tell if Cavill gets fully on board.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    but time will tell if Cavill gets fully on board.
    Let's hope not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Let's hope not.
    Well today he confirmed he'll be back as Superman and it looks like he and Johnson get along.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Well today he confirmed he'll be back as Superman and it looks like he and Johnson get along.
    Dang it.

Oh well, at least I'll save time and money by not watching.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Dang it.

Oh well, at least I'll save time and money by not watching.
    Your money your choice, but it's really up in the air what kind of projects Cavill would be in next, so unless you can't stand DC Films period (which sounds odd to me, they have all kinds of different movies available to sample by now) I would advise you to watch the space.

Another detail about Black Adam manhandling Hawkman is, while the latter's super strength was vaguely defined (and I haven't even watched all Thor appearances, to get that out of the way), I also remember he could also punch Black Adam through like a couple buildings. Yet the first thing Adam does when hostilities started was stop Hawkman's charging him with one hand. His best showings against Adam involved his supermace (catching and deflecting Adam's lightning back to him, which he shrugged off). Hawkman was meant to be a distant second to Doctor Fate regarding fighting Adam (maybe third considering Atom Smasher's upscaled strength when becoming a giant, although the best he did against Adam, which Adam really turned the tables against, was after he had already gone through a good number of Fate attacks).
    Last edited by Wildling; 10-24-2022 at 09:47 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Discounting the SMvsFL neutron star forge feat, what's Thor's best durability feat? Is it still slugging it out with Hulk? I'm not really remembering any from Love and Thunder.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Discounting the SMvsFL neutron star forge feat, what's Thor's best durability feat? Is it still slugging it out with Hulk? I'm not really remembering any from Love and Thunder.
    Probably surviving Sokovia? I don't think he has enough to survive all the hits Adam can deliver with impunity. The multi storey statue catch was pretty easy for him by presentation, I think that's enough strength to put Thor down when you can hit whenever you want and not get hit back. Plus he's fast enough to grab storm breaker and cut his head off with it and Thor can do nothing about it.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Probably surviving Sokovia? I don't think he has enough to survive all the hits Adam can deliver with impunity. The multi storey statue catch was pretty easy for him by presentation, I think that's enough strength to put Thor down when you can hit whenever you want and not get hit back. Plus he's fast enough to grab storm breaker and cut his head off with it and Thor can do nothing about it.
    Sokovia isn't a great feat, IMO. The force of the blast is very clearly being directed away from Thor and he still got knocked out by the looks of it. Like, it isn't bad exactly, but it doesn't really establish anything above "staying conscious through an extended rag dolling by Space Whale punching Hulk."

Astonishing Member

I can imagine a bloodlusted Black Adam starting the fight simply flying around Thor in slo-mo, just charging himself up with lightning, before moving in to do what you last said.

Thor gets sucker punched by Hulk and takes no damage in Ragnarok, then gets ragdolled by Hulk before getting two explicit upgrades. After the first upgrade, he one shots Hulk and is about to end him before the slave disc downs him. After the second, well, he plays strong against Hela though she's still got the edge on him. In Love and Thunder, he deals with shots from Gorr, shrugs Zeus' blast that annihilates his clothes (which have survived a LOT over time), takes a bunch of shots from Thanos when fat and out of shape and living from a bottle for ages, et. Al.

He also face tanks Ultron Prime for an extended period of time just to waste time for his teammates in AoE.

I don't know that the Hulk scenes are beyond some of the others.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Thor doesn't use Storm breaker anymore. He's back to the hammer, which gained some cool new powers in there. Adam most definitely can't lift the hammer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thor gets sucker punched by Hulk and takes no damage in Ragnarok, then gets ragdolled by Hulk before getting two explicit upgrades. After the first upgrade, he one shots Hulk and is about to end him before the slave disc downs him. After the second, well, he plays strong against Hela though she's still got the edge on him. In Love and Thunder, he deals with shots from Gorr, shrugs Zeus' blast that annihilates his clothes (which have survived a LOT over time), takes a bunch of shots from Thanos when fat and out of shape and living from a bottle for ages, et. Al.

He also face tanks Ultron Prime for an extended period of time just to waste time for his teammates in AoE.

I don't know that the Hulk scenes are beyond some of the others.
    Gorr was hurtable by Valkyrie even in the darkest depths of the universe where IIRC he was stated to be stronger, even if he still won there, and as far as his feats attacking Thor or others, I wonder about that happening while wielding a weapon that's a legendary anti-God artifact, which presents a big asterisk question.

Without attacking Gods, I don't really remember movie Gorr having notable feats regarding durability, massive strength, and least of all speed. Which is something Black Adam will always have in spades here no matter what.

This reminds me of the question I asked sometime before in another thread. The only things that could hurt or incapacitate Adam in his movie were magic. Which I don't think was meant as a "weakness" like Superman with Kryptonite, but meant as humans accessing magic being able to access a much higher level of power.