Default Superman Halloween costume ideas

My wife and I never dressed up for Halloween but this year we got invited to a Halloween party. We just came back from Spirit but the selection was poor, and so she said I should just dress as Superman. I did it once before, but it was lazy. I bought some thick-rimmed glasses and put a Superman T under an unbuttoned dress shirt and suit and called it a day. Not doing that again.

Anyway, I'll probably just pick something up from Amazon, but I wondered what you would do in a pinch if you had a limited budget and time and wanted a Superman outfit. Which one would you pick?

I would prefer a Bizarro costume, but picking a matching costume for the wife would be a pain. I have multiple Bizarro shirts and I feel it's less cocky to wear a Bizarro T than a Superman one.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Black recovery suit mullet Superman. Could get some black running tights (or any other workout type pants), wig would be easy enough to find, and could always make your own S logo and attach it to a black long sleeve.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Well, there's some easy and obvious options.

Morrison's T-shirt Superman. You probably have everything you need already except the cape. And Amazon must have a mountain of Superman costumes.

But for a fun alternative, grab a gray or black-white "S" shirt, some gray or black-white spandex leggings, some white face paint, and go as George Reeves/Kirk Allen "black and white TV" Superman.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Can you get a white dog costume and tie a red towel around your neck and go as Krypto?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, there's some easy and obvious options.

Morrison's T-shirt Superman. You probably have everything you need already except the cape. And Amazon must have a mountain of Superman costumes.

But for a fun alternative, grab a gray or black-white "S" shirt, some gray or black-white spandex leggings, some white face paint, and go as George Reeves/Kirk Allen "black and white TV" Superman.
    This is pretty clever. May not be a hit at this house party I'm going to, but it would be their hypothetical loss.

BTW, if you buy costumes from Amazon, buy them early. There's a long delay in the shipping at this moment. Gotta go back to Spirit and may just settle on that Snyder-inspired costume, for better or for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Can you get a white dog costume and tie a red towel around your neck and go as Krypto?
    Pretty clever, heh.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Those compression shirts sometimes work if you're in decent shape.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Go as Riot(s). Cheap skeleton costume, bit of white face paint. The more of you doing it the better.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Thanks all for the suggestions. I ended up going with something other than plan A, the BvS Superman costume. Wore it to my wife's boss' party yesterday and my wife and I were probably the most ostentatiously dressed.

Word to the wise: don't wait until the last 10 days of October to buy a Halloween costume unless you're good with anything.

Forgot to add, but yesterday was kind of a sad day for Superman fandom. I was in full costume when my Lyft driver came to pick me and my wife up, and he said to me, "Hi Spider-man!"