Amazing Member

Default REVIEW: Outcast #3

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Artist: Paul Azaceta

Publication Date: Aug. 27, 2014

Summary:

Crazy demons are biting off people's tongues, the reverend gets wasted, and Kyle digs deep into his pain and loneliness with a new friend.

What I Liked

✔Outstanding character development
    ✔Great dialogue, especially with the drunk reverend, bathroom prayer scene, and Kyle's lunch with Norville
    ✔Fantastic artwork that really captures the tone of the story-very lonely, isolated, almost hopeless

What I Didn’t Like

✘Other than character development, very little happens to move the actual plot forward.
    ✘Pacing was excruciatingly slow, even for Kirkman

Themes:

Everyone has a story, and it's a good idea to take opportunities to listen and hear those stories before passing judgments.
    Even those we think have the strongest faith have moments of weakness and doubt.

Score:

8/10

Let me know what you guys thought! I love this series and I think it'll be another hit for Kirkman.

I just caught up reading all 4 issues of Outcast tonight. I am very intrigued by the story and I feel its giving me enough each issue to entertain, and intrigue me as to what is really going on. Therefore, I think I am hooked on this one and will be adding to my pull list until I am given a reason not to.