Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

I subscribed to some magazine that got cancelled mid-year, and the company sent me a notice that I could pick any other magazine they carried for the last six months of my paid time, or any *two* comic books they offered (only Marvel options). I picked Hulk and Avengers, as I recall, kind of on a whim. (X-Men wasn't even an option, that I recall, and the rest was stuff I didn't care as much about like Punisher and Ghost Rider.) While I was a fairly regular Avengers reader, that was my first exposure to Hulk comics, since I wasn't a huge Hulk fan.

Looking back, I totally should have picked Conan, which was an option, and I would have liked even more (and the local supermarket where I got my comics never had)!

A few more--

[IMG][/IMG]

Dang! All those books! Also so many non hero books marvel was trying out! Good for them.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

In 1964 when I was 8 or 9 my mother bought me a subscription to Wonder Woman, for a year. Eventually she told me that it was her favorite comic when she was a little girl, in the '40.

Several years later '68 maybe, I subscribed to Fantastic Four. My first issue was # 70, part of that Mad Thinker Super Android plot. I was dismayed that they folded the issues flat to mail.

Several years after that I was mostly journeying to the LCS, which in Detroit, was called Comic Kingdom, on 6 Mile and Gratiot. This was around '77 or '78 and I would take buses from the other side of town to go there on Friday nights after work.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all