Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite recent Elseworld?

I mean we’ve had a bunch of them recently plus with the Dark Crisis Big Bang one-shot we will be exploring them more, so why not talk about which one is your favorite and why?

I’m thinking the current list of series is: DCeased, DC vs Vampires, Dark Knights of Steel, DC:Mech, and Jurassic League. If I’ve forgotten one I apologize and go ahead and correct me. I suppose Black Label could theoretically count but they don’t feel like true Elseworld’s to me, though if you disagree then feel free to say so as I have no real authority here.

As for my favorite I’m sure some people expect DCeased, but no it’s actually DC:Mech. Why when I’ve literally read all the DCeased books these past few years? Because what’s more awesome then zombies then giant mech fights. I love me some DCeased but as someone who grew on Godzilla and other assorted giant monsters that is my jam.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Jurassic League, the writer absolutely embraces the absurdity of the premise and just goes for it. Same with the art. The Dark Knights thing is interesting I’m not really needing another Superman is probably the bad but universe. And I’m not really into zombies enough to give a crap about DCeased and Dc vs vampires and such. I’ll honestly admit to not knowing about DC mechs. I’ll have to give it a look.

Astonishing Member

Lets not call them elseworlds.

None, they're too big, trying to encompass the whole world and then there's nonsense with zombies and now vampires.

Astonishing Member

Vampires and Zombies are good

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    None, they're too big, trying to encompass the whole world and then there's nonsense with zombies and now vampires.
    Yeah, I haven't liked the recent additions at all. Just tell a single, self contained story not some "epic" event style book.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

If Black Label, everything by Tom King. If strictly Elseworlds, DCeased

DC vs Vampires has probably been my favourite.

As a old school fan of Giffen's JLA, I'm also really enjoying the Human Target.

Dark Crisis has been okay, but nothing award winning.

I've been meaning to pick up Dceased but I've been sitting on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean we’ve had a bunch of them recently plus with the Dark Crisis Big Bang one-shot we will be exploring them more, so why not talk about which one is your favorite and why?

I’m thinking the current list of series is: DCeased, DC vs Vampires, Dark Knights of Steel, DC:Mech, and Jurassic League. If I’ve forgotten one I apologize and go ahead and correct me. I suppose Black Label could theoretically count but they don’t feel like true Elseworld’s to me, though if you disagree then feel free to say so as I have no real authority here.

As for my favorite I’m sure some people expect DCeased, but no it’s actually DC:Mech. Why when I’ve literally read all the DCeased books these past few years? Because what’s more awesome then zombies then giant mech fights. I love me some DCeased but as someone who grew on Godzilla and other assorted giant monsters that is my jam.
    I thought the DiDidiot killed Elseworlds right before he and his accompices fatally wounded the DCU

I suppose if you want to stretch the definition I’d say WW Historia but that’s actually really good and I realize that goes against the idea of DC Elseworlds.

So Jurassic League on the basis of Dinosaurs > Mecha/Zombies/Vampires/LARPers.

Incredible Member

The whole DC line from 2011 onwards...

Dceased.
    The Gotham Resistance tie ins to Metal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I suppose if you want to stretch the definition I’d say WW Historia but that’s actually really good and I realize that goes against the idea of DC Elseworlds.
    Yep. That'd be the one.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Catwoman: Lonely City

Joker/Harley Criminal Sanity

Batman The Imposter

Superman 78

Not sure it counts but

Superman Red and Blue
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    The whole DC line from 2011 onwards...
    #FACTS