Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Top Gun 2 may as well be a superhero movie. He has a codename and his superpower is the ability to fly anything better than anyone. They spent the whole movie talking about how the new generation of fighter planes was so much better and then he beats two of them while flying a piece of crap plane from the original movie.
    So do I. I still don't understand why people think that Top Gun, Avatar and Jurassic Park movies are not part of the superhero genre. They absolutely are.

Well its way early. But just out of curiosity are the movies you listed the biggest differences between audience and critics? I always wondered what that was.
    Nah films like the 90 ninja turtles film was shredded by critics but loved by audiences. This is nothing new.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Nah films like the 90 ninja turtles film was shredded by critics but loved by audiences. This is nothing new.
    I honestly dont know but thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Get the feeling that the "Saw..." films would probably track about the same way.

Can't ever remember coming across a stellar review...

The tenth one is coming out in the fall.

So this is going to be one of those "Critics Dislike but Fans Love" films?

Astonishing Member

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean who knows its way to early for that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Get the feeling that the "Saw..." films would probably track about the same way.

Can't ever remember coming across a stellar review...

The tenth one is coming out in the fall.

Holy crap.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hard to say because there's been a bit of an anti Marvel sentiment lately. I think it will do better with audiences than critics, but most films in this genre do. The question is whether it will generally be considered a disappointment or not.

Always funny how the critic reaction only matters when someone needs it to matter it to push their agenda.

Incredible Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Always funny how the critic reaction only matters when someone needs it to matter it to push their agenda.
    I don’t care what critics say unless they validate my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    I don’t care what critics say unless they validate my opinion.
    I don't care what critics usually say regarding my entertainment. Look throughout history and you'll see most critics don't like popular entertainment and most general audiences don't like artsy entertainment it's a natural divide.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Eternals was a slog, Dr. Strange 2 was "meh" and Thor 4 was downright embarrassing. (Wakanda Forever was ok, but to be honest I was also playing Mario Kart Tour on my phone for most of it.) Most of phase 4 has been pretty mediocre to outright bad. Maybe I will just wait to watch this on Disney Plus in a few months.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Hard to say because there's been a bit of an anti Marvel sentiment lately. I think it will do better with audiences than critics, but most films in this genre do. The question is whether it will generally be considered a disappointment or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I guess just from my perspective it didn't seem like the critical reaction to the past two Ant-Man films skewed more negatively compared to this one, but I might be forgetting.

Especially because I felt like this was going to be more of a runway hit. I may have overestimated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    I was alluding more to quality and authentic film making. Cameron took 13 years to make the Avatar sequel because he wanted to make sure it was an improved movie to the last. Tom Cruise waited for 2 years to avoid Top Gun Maverick been released to streaming due to COVID. These people made the decision because a lot of artistic hard work went into those films and they wanted to showcase it because they had the means to back it up, MCU just shits their movies out from a cooperate factory house which hurts their quality. They all make money sure, but the term blockbuster should not really be used anymore if we are going to call Avatar 2 or Top Gun Maverick such.
    Sorry, it sounds like you’re trying to change the global definition of blockbuster here haha - it’s perfectly fine to just say that you think they’re better. I personally don’t think avatar 2 was good enough to redefine the term (haven’t seen top gun yet so I can’t speak to that)! Generally speaking, I see more passion going into Marvel movies than most other “blockbusters”, so I don’t think it should be a case of “these movies are the best, therefore anything under them is not Good enough to be in the club”

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Marvel can't keep churning out garbage every year hoping their credit will be enough to stop scathing reviews, that said luckily for Antman, The Flash looks like a looming disaster so I think that will be the worst reviewed CBM this year (that film might be worse than Batman and Robin, it looks that awful and goofy cough Keaton Batman cough)
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.