Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Right on! When Scott did fave him one and one, he almost got killed, lol.

That was pff the top of my head. Point is, lots of conquerors lose to their own people. Take your pick.
    Well he was political genius tactical not so much.

General question, in the restaurant at the end of the movie where they had Cassie's Birthday. Is that the same Restaurant that was at the end of Shang-Chi?

Over all the movie was meh. Again, the Super Heroes probably doing the wrong thing for the right reasons but making a total mess of it all.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Grade: B+

Well I just saw it Saturday night and MEH is not how I would describe it at all.
    Kang is a narcissist who, admits to breaking time and also being the only one able to fix it....at the expense of others lives.
    He smugly mentions all the times he's pushed back rebellion, revolution and of course The Avengers. One should notice his pride never mentions the times he fails and is defeated.
    Kang notes that Scott is 'out of his league' and during the hand to hand fight that is very clear. However, Scott and Team Ant-Man prevail for the very reason foes think they shouldn't....sheer numbers in this case.

I loved that after touching on the Quantum realm in the first film then expanding it slightly in A-M2 we got a full on deep dive this film. The visuals were fantastic! Loved the Bill Murray cameo. They totally ripped the dialogue from Indiana Jones 4 when Hank tells Janet he was with other women but their problem...."they just weren't you". I liked the gimmick of the goo juice being a universal translator. Very cool how the story was largely a Janet story and why she doubles down on how dangerous the Quantum Realm is.

Introducing Cassie in jail, for somewhat different reasons, was a nice parallel touch juxtaposed with Scott. He was a criminal acting on more selfish actions and her arrests were due to more altruistic ones. While they mentioned and danced around Cassie having a suit I felt we could've gotten a better reveal for her suit OR the fact that it was actually on/with her.

I would've liked to see Hank and Janet in costume as well.

I liked Kang, felt they wrote him well and that his continuation out of the Loki show was more expansive and revealing. Jonathan Majors did a great job, look forward to seeing him in Creed III next. Kudos to him for being in the # 1 film for 3 weeks in a row, maybe 4.

Good post credit scenes
    The film should be doing much better but has clearly become the "cool to bash on film" of the moment in some circles.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I give it a " D". it got off on the wrong foot by making Scotts daughter a smart Alec obnoxious character who had a suit and all kinds of knowledge she shouldn't have. I understand Scott is always the comic relief of these films but I felt like he was treated like a fool too often. Him beating Kang lessened Kang as a major threat and he's not on par with Thanos or Ultron.

It was okay... I don't think I want my money back but wont be a favorate movie...

the comedy works more in this then thor (IMO)

the only things that bug me (pun not intended) is the ending... it felt like it ended with a bitter sweet ant man "wins" but him and Hope are stuck... but then just BOOM happy ending (even the voice over makes it sound like scott felt the ending was tact on)

I will add Hank says the ants are a type 2 civilization. So, more advanced then 99% of sci fi races... beats trek even (that is like 1.5)
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    It was okay... I don't think I want my money back but wont be a favorate movie...
    I will add Hank says the ants are a type 2 civilization. So, more advanced then 99% of sci fi races... beats trek even (that is like 1.5)
    Well the borg in star trek are type 2 for example.

What type of civilization was Q from star Trek?

the Q are way beyond Type III—they may be a Type IV or Type V civilization.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I give it a " D". it got off on the wrong foot by making Scotts daughter a smart Alec obnoxious character who had a suit and all kinds of knowledge she shouldn't have. I understand Scott is always the comic relief of these films but I felt like he was treated like a fool too often. Him beating Kang lessened Kang as a major threat and he's not on par with Thanos or Ultron.

By the way i keep reading from some folks that ant-man is the weakest avenger.
    Nope he is not.
    He is Really powerful.
    When he goes big for example he knock over buildings,ships etc..
    Did not anybody see this in endgame AND ant-man 3?

When he is small he still has superstrength.
    Hank pym in what if shows what ant-man could do has well.
    Heck he been called one of the most dangerous avenger.

The MCU's Strongest Superpower Is Not What You Think - But It Should Be
    Ant-Man is easily overlooked because he's so goofy, but the smallest Avenger just might be the most powerful in the MCU... and the biggest threat.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-strongest...pym-particles/

This is what happen to kang. Those ants in ant-man 3 WERE not normal ants, plus they became more powerful and stronger when they grew.Lets' not forget those were giant size ants with superstrength and weapons.
    Anyway kang came back and but less powerful because of what happen but so he was not completely beaten by the them.

He was beaten by ant-man and the wasp and what he fell into.

Note-starro in dc is as really powerful.
    Heck he took control of superman and the justice league,so why no one complains that in the the suicide squad movie he was defeated by ratcatcher 2 and rats and harley quinn.
    Double standards.

10 Powers Ant-Man Has But Rarely Uses
    https://www.cbr.com/10-heroes-who-ha...the-conqueror/

So it makes sense why falcon could lose to ant-man and why kang is in a ant-man movie.
    Ant-man(hank and scott)are one of the most powerful superheroes out there.
    I guess some folks did not think about that one.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...art-II/page612

Finally got around to seeing it

Overall it was fine, definitely not the MCU’s worst, but nowhere near its best either

It feels like there should have been another Ant Man movie before this one

Kang was fantastic, Majors is really great and I’m excited to see him in more (hopefully top-tier) shows and films. Loved the post credits scenes.

I think the movie would have worked better if the focus was on Kang, Hank, and Janet as the leads. It’s still technically Ant Man and The Wasp, and they just had a better connection to Kang.

If they wanted to keep Scott as the main focus, they should have just went with MODOK (who I liked) as the main villain. Could have been interesting if Darren essentially took the place of Kang, thereby giving him a connection to Janet too.

CGI was actually surprisingly well done for the most part, and it was super colourful, which led to it having some muddiness, but it looked great when it was done well

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Good catch. But it was just another Deus Ex Machina in a movie filled with them. I'm kind of tired of the Quantum Realm after this film and hope we don't really see it again. Its become a reason for things to happen rather than a place, its just a magic realm where anything is possible just because "science." Getting to be too many of those in the MCU.

I wouldn't really mind that magical aspect if there were also drawbacks to the Quantum Realm, but I am not seeing any. Its pretty much as accessible as Grand Central Station.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-12-2023 at 10:35 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

I'm of the mind where less connection between the MCU movies would actually be a good thing. I'm much have preferred Ant-Man and Wasp taking on B-level heroes -- not Kang. That's one of my biggest problems with Marvel movies -- too big a scale. The smaller scale (no pun intended) of the villains in Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp is why I loved those films.

Extraordinary Member

I enjoyed this while watching it. But when I think of it now it's Modok that stands out the most. That's bad he really did sink this movie. Honestly he took me out of the movie every time he was onscreen.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It took 26 days sadly and to me surprisingly cause I really enjoyed the film but it landed at $200m US domestic with Tuesday dailies.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Whelp... the people at Marvel are having a bit of a weekend.

Jonathan Majors Arrested for Alleged Assault, Rep Says Actor “Has Done Nothing Wrong”

Jonathan Majors was arrested on Saturday in New York City after police responded to a 911 call inside of an apartment in the Chelsea neighborhood, the NYPD said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

“A preliminary investigation determined that a 33-year-old male was involved in a domestic dispute with a 30-year-old female,” the DCPI statement said. “The victim informed police she was assaulted. Officers placed the 33-year-old male into custody without incident. The victim sustained minor injuries to her head and neck and was removed to an area hospital in stable condition.”

The actor was arrested on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment, according to the spokesperson. He is no longer in police custody, and his relationship with the woman is domestic.

A representative for Majors told THR, “He has done nothing wrong. We look forward to clearing his name and clearing this up.”

Kang is dead off screen or recast?

I think it's been established by LOKI and SPIDER-MAN NO WAY HOME that not all variants have to be physical doppelgangers, so a recast could work (Presumabely Reed Richards and Xavier will also be played by different actors than their DR. Strange versions as well)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth