Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I didn't find the Council of Kangs scene funny, more unimpressive. Were we supposed to find them scary? They seemed more to me like soccer hooligans than any kind of Big Bad(s) we should be afraid of.
    To each there own, I thought they were pretty amusing in a scenery chewing way. And the threat they pose considering their use of the time stream seemed pretty ominous enough. Not every bad guy needs to be scary.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Ant-Man and the Wasp remains my favorite of the subseries, and Ghost my favorite villain in it. I don’t find the first one that interesting, and this one was mildly disappointing regarding the one area I thought it needed to be impressive - Kang.

I think “comedy with stakes” works best for these characters, and the timing was off on the humor here for about everything except MODOK.

Still an okay movie, but nothing big.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Ant-Man and the Wasp remains my favorite of the subseries, and Ghost my favorite villain in it. I don’t find the first one that interesting, and this one was mildly disappointing regarding the one area I thought it needed to be impressive - Kang.

I think “comedy with stakes” works best for these characters, and the timing was off on the humor here for about everything except MODOK.

Still an okay movie, but nothing big.
    "but nothing big" Was the pun intended?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    To each there own, I thought they were pretty amusing in a scenery chewing way. And the threat they pose considering their use of the time stream seemed pretty ominous enough. Not every bad guy needs to be scary.
    True. I just wasn't sure what they were going for in that scene.

Still hoping that we get to see Majors play The Conglomerator.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Ant-Man and the Wasp remains my favorite of the subseries, and Ghost my favorite villain in it.
    The actress is also a lead in a fun Sci-Fi channel show called Killjoys that is probably the most fun show since Eureka and right up there with Farscape for fun goofy sci-fi, and her acting is a big part of that.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Ghost in Thunderbolts. She's gotta be pissy, even if it's not Scott's fault really that he lost five years in-between 'popping into the quantum realm real quick to get you some quantum particles to stabilize your painful fatal condition...'

She can blame him for blipping back five years later and kind of totally forgetting about her, in his understandable rush to find Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The actress is also a lead in a fun Sci-Fi channel show called Killjoys that is probably the most fun show since Eureka and right up there with Farscape for fun goofy sci-fi, and her acting is a big part of that.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Ghost in Thunderbolts. She's gotta be pissy, even if it's not Scott's fault really that he lost five years in-between 'popping into the quantum realm real quick to get you some quantum particles to stabilize your painful fatal condition...'

She can blame him for blipping back five years later and kind of totally forgetting about her, in his understandable rush to find Cassie.
    "Killjoys" was a really good, fun show. The main story takes a bit to get off the ground, but the leads are compelling enough to keep the earlier episodic episodes interesting until it does and Hannah John-Kamen is the main reason to watch, by far. I really hope she gets to do more in "T-Bolts."

And yeah, I hope there's some follow-up because Team Ant-Man initially wanted to help her, the blip happened, then.... we don't know what happened after they came back. Did they follow through with helping her, because we saw that they all were living their lives, writing books, saving the world, researching the QR ... it'd be weird if they totally forgot about her.

Astonishing Member

Got to watch it. Really just an intro to Kang for later movies. Can't say I was impressed by him as a super villain. Since the actor seems out, it might be good thing. The MCU needs a core villain more impressive than Kang - time for Galactus.

Movie was too cliched. Marvel has to get over the scenes of all the good guys charging and screaming. Bad tactics with energy weapons around and air support.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Got to watch it. Really just an intro to Kang for later movies. Can't say I was impressed by him as a super villain. Since the actor seems out, it might be good thing. The MCU needs a core villain more impressive than Kang - time for Galactus.

Movie was too cliched. Marvel has to get over the scenes of all the good guys charging and screaming. Bad tactics with energy weapons around and air support.
    They will recast Kang and make him goofier.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I'd rather they just pivot to somebody else like HE.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

In that case I hope Jim Carrey gets the part.

Feige is on the phone with Kevin Hart as we speak...

Ultimate Member

Well, Ronan was such a a bucket of laughs...

I finally saw the film and I'd give it a B

I don't see why it got trashed critics-wise, or even in fan-culture. oh well. People respond to a film or they don't, I guess. I just don't see the "relentless camp" that other people allegedly saw.

Making the film into a "space opera" rather than a more traditional heist film/action film wasn't the worst choice, and it gave us more of a glimpse into the worlds of the microverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I finally saw the film and I'd give it a B

I don't see why it got trashed critics-wise, or even in fan-culture. oh well. People respond to a film or they don't, I guess. I just don't see the "relentless camp" that other people allegedly saw.

Making the film into a "space opera" rather than a more traditional heist film/action film wasn't the worst choice, and it gave us more of a glimpse into the worlds of the microverse.
    Every new MCU project has to be better than Infinity War, or it's horrible and the end of the MCU and probably Disney. Because Disney ruins everything, apparently.

I liked it too, tho.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine