Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Based on what I saw in the trailer, I like Kathryn Newtown's Cassie. Do you agree?
    I like her, but the character is basically Kenny from South Park. Might as well keep replacing her every movie now, because they aren't going to top the joke they created inadvertently at this point.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

Kang Is the 'Most Powerful Force in the Multiverse'

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania director Peyton Reed hypes up the MCU's newest archvillain Kang the Conqueror, played by Jonathan Majors.

Till the beyonder comes along anyway.

The Beyonder, or the Beyonders?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    The Beyonder, or the Beyonders?
    Maybe they'll do both!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cassie has clearly been studying under the Pyms while her dad is enjoying his celebrity status. She has to be a prodigy to be able to create the device that sends them to the quantum realm.
    My theory is she never believed her dad was dead and the whole time he was gone was reading up on Pym's research and maybe studying any Ant-Man tech her dad had left at home. That would help explain why she seems to know quite a bit about the tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Oh no! They used a rock song in the trailer! This movie is gonna fail!

Very excited, btw. I feel the Ant-Man movies are very underrated.
    Not by me. They are my favorites!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I think that the audience for these movies care more about Cassie than about Wasp. How this movie is received will be determined by how well the new Cassie performs.

I think that the audience for these movies care more about Cassie than about Wasp. How this movie is received will be determined by how well the new Cassie performs.
    I've never seen Hope as having that big of a fanbase.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've never seen Hope as having that big of a fanbase.
    Your thinking in terms of comic book fans. A lot of these younger characters that they're introducing are pretty much going to be the future of the MCU I'm guessing. Plus, the GOTG didn't have a terribly big comic book fanbase before, now they have their own trilogy plus a Christmas special.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Your thinking in terms of comic book fans. A lot of these younger characters that they're introducing are pretty much going to be the future of the MCU I'm guessing. Plus, the GOTG didn't have a terribly big comic book fanbase before, now they have their own trilogy plus a Christmas special.
    I was actually thinking in terms of general audiences. Unless I'm missing something I've never seen a lot of hype for Hope, at least comparable to other characters.

I think even Evangeline Lilly's commented on how her character hasn't always been portrayed all that well/likeable.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

I can only speak for myself, but yeah, I care more about Cassie than I do Hope. Scott and Cassie in the beginning of Antman 2 was legit my favorite scene in the movie. It was so sweet to see Scott be a great dad by finding a way to have fun with his daughter while under house arrest. I remember telling my friend that I wish Cassie had been the Wasp because their relationship was so fun to watch.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but yeah, I care more about Cassie than I do Hope. Scott and Cassie in the beginning of Antman 2 was legit my favorite scene in the movie. It was so sweet to see Scott be a great dad by finding a way to have fun with his daughter while under house arrest. I remember telling my friend that I wish Cassie had been the Wasp because their relationship was so fun to watch.
    We got to see Cassie grow up in these movies, and the girl who played her in the first movie was friggin' adorable. (Although the one from the second movie was also too cute for words, playing with her dad under house arrest.)

I don't mind Hope, but I feel like she's gotten her thunder stolen, because we are going to be watching her mom, played by the amazing Michelle Pfieffer, and Cassie in this movie, and I don't think Hope's going to get as much chance to shine as she did in the second movie's fun action scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    I feel like Scott and Cassie's father-daughter relationship comes off as more genuine and executed better than Scott and Hope's entire romance/partnership (which feels like it should've been the main thrust of AM&TW but...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    We got to see Cassie grow up in these movies, and the girl who played her in the first movie was friggin' adorable. (Although the one from the second movie was also too cute for words, playing with her dad under house arrest.)

I don't mind Hope, but I feel like she's gotten her thunder stolen, because we are going to be watching her mom, played by the amazing Michelle Pfieffer, and Cassie in this movie, and I don't think Hope's going to get as much chance to shine as she did in the second movie's fun action scenes.
    I agree Pfeiffer's Jan stole the movie in any scene she's in.

I don't think having one of her moms' comic hairstyles is going to help Hope this go-around .

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Scott and Cassie's father-daughter relationship comes off as more genuine and executed better than Scott and Hope's entire romance/partnership (which feels like it should've been the main thrust of AM&TW but...).
    (Preface: I've only watched Antman and Antman 2, and not anything else they might be in)

That has a lot to do with the fact that Scott and Hope don't have an actual romantic relationship. They make out at the end of the first film, break up between the first and second film, and then the second film really wants me to be invested in a relationship I never saw. I don't care about Scott and Hope getting back together because the movie(s) never bothered to show me why I should want it, and I can't even sympathize with their relationship because the movie never showed them as a couple. They don't even have a "pre-romance" and what ends up amounting to their pre-romance, in its absence, is basically Scott being connected to her issues with her father (which makes it feel weird in a way instead of just eye-rolling when they make out at the end)

Basically, their relationship is either weird, nonexistent or she's mad at him. It's a romance that exists just to have one between the male lead and the female lead.

Scott's relationship to his daughter actually exists for the viewer and is very well-done. The movies works to justify why you should emotionally invest in their relationship when they interact with each other. It's positive and it's sweet.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 12-19-2022 at 05:42 PM.