Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    We got to see Cassie grow up in these movies, and the girl who played her in the first movie was friggin' adorable. (Although the one from the second movie was also too cute for words, playing with her dad under house arrest.)
    It was the same actress in both movies, fwiw.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    It was the same actress in both movies, fwiw.
    Ah, cool. With all the talk about them recasting her all the time, I was thinking they might have recast her between movies, gone all Quantum Cassie with a different actress every time she appeared or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    (Preface: I've only watched Antman and Antman 2, and not anything else they might be in)

That has a lot to do with the fact that Scott and Hope don't have an actual romantic relationship. They make out at the end of the first film, break up between the first and second film, and then the second film really wants me to be invested in a relationship I never saw. I don't care about Scott and Hope getting back together because the movie(s) never bothered to show me why I should want it, and I can't even sympathize with their relationship because the movie never showed them as a couple. They don't even have a "pre-romance" and what ends up amounting to their pre-romance, in its absence, is basically Scott being connected to her issues with her father (which makes it feel weird in a way instead of just eye-rolling when they make out at the end)

Basically, their relationship is either weird, nonexistent or she's mad at him. It's a romance that exists just to have one between the male lead and the female lead.

Scott's relationship to his daughter actually exists for the viewer and is very well-done. The movies works to justify why you should emotionally invest in their relationship when they interact with each other. It's positive and it's sweet.
    Well, also because it's expected for an Ant-Man and Wasp pairing, they just kind of flipped the personality dynamic around to where Wasp is the more serious one in comparison to Ant-Man, but they don't work near as well as Hank and Janet did in my opinion.

Ok! It finally feels like we are building towards something in the movies.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

MODOK sighting!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Ok! It finally feels like we are building towards something in the movies.
    Move over Reed and Sue and Hank and Janet, Scott and Hope are the new MCU celebrity power couple! If only because they're taking Hank and Janet's place. Well, mostly Hope filling in for Janet.

Cassie in jail! A chip off the old block! Honestly wasn't expecting her to get bailed out of jail before her comic bestie Kate Bishop.

I wonder when Cassie gets the suit from...

Cassie acknowledging her forage into the Quantum Realm kind of lead to this.

Film getting trippy! I wonder if that's time travel or the Quantum Realm? Or both!

Seems like Kang makes Scott steal something with the premise that he not only gets Cassie back but he can restore the years Scott lost. I don't see this ending well.

It does the heart good to see Kang in all his blue face glory.

Even MODOK has a battle mask! Everybody gets full face masks and battle masks in the MCU at some point it feels like.

I guess they kind of acknowledge how out of his depth Scott is that he can't actually beat Kang, although he does seem to actually damage his armor, but it seems like he's putting everything on the line to stop Kang even at the cost of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by immortal weapon View Post
    modok sighting!
    i am so ready!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Niffleheim

I'm surprised that I'm actually excited about an Ant-Man movie. I hope they haven't shown us everything good in the movie in this last trailer.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Oh cool, wasn't expecting the entire movie in two minutes

Hoping there’s more to the movie than the trailer’s have shown, I want some surprises in the story!

Overall looks right up my street, I prefer when Marvel goes a bit wild with settings and concepts.

A nice strong emotional hook for the story. If done right it can be a good comment on how the MCU sometimes has to rush arcs or character progression in order to placate the shared universe angle. It also gives Scott a unique selling point as a character with a family (hopefully not at the detriment of the F4 down the line)

Kang looks fantastic, and he will be MVP. Can’t wait for Majors to get Thanos level recognition for his role. Fantastic casting.

Hope the tone doesn't go Love and Thunder and feels like this trailer.

That trailer seems like it gave the general story beats away. Yikes…

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

MODOK doesn't look good. He looks too normal on top of the CG being spotty

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Wow, that makes me even more excited to see this movie. It looks amazing, epic, and important.

I think it was smart to show a lot, since this feels like such a dramatic shift from the previous Ant-Man movies. They need to convince a lot of people who didn't watch (or like) the first two Ant-Man movies to come to the theater.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Hope the tone doesn't go Love and Thunder and feels like this trailer.
    Given that they have to introduce Kang with a certain amount of gravitas, I wouldn't expect it to be anything like Love and Thunder