Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Page 40 says he was holding back and that he will stop holding back. But we never see how the fight would go after that. Because soon after the fight was interrupted. As usual. The lipservice of DC saying WW is a peer of Superman. But in all their fights where he doesn't kill her or beat her easily. They make sure to put context that stop the fight before things escalate any further. I wonder why. Sigh
    We see Wonder Woman winning. What Superman says after the fact doesn't matter. We don't see it.

"You just kicked my butt, but I could totally beat you if I really wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Call me when we see She hulk matching Hulk's feats.

Nothing to say about Supergirl, Powergirl, Wonder Woman, Carol?
    They never will for the exact same reason that Doc Samson will never be able to jump the same distance as She-Hulk.

Gamma radiation exposure has never been an "Any Exposure Will Create A Lone Power Set..." proposition.

As for the four characters mentioned?

I could go into Diana, particularly during the "New52..." run where there was far more of what you seem to be saying did not exist than folks would like to admit, but I get the feeling that there would not be much of a point.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Which means there is absolutely a point where he is no longer holding back.

It is clear as day. Whatever happens after that is essentially a non-issue.
    Then why didn't they show her holding her own against a non holdsing back sm? They made sure to stop the fight right after he says he won't hold back anymore. While in countless other fights where he goes all out. She is beat or killed by him in 1 or 2 hits. Sure sexism has nothing to do with this long history.

Matter of fact, let's just take the Carol instance that you mentioned...

Is what happens in The Authority #14 more or less of an issue, in your estimation?

Invincible Member

He said he has been pulling his punches because she is a woman and a friend. And says that he will stop holding back. BUT. Before we get to see how the fight would go without him holding back. The fight was interrupted. Again. Page 40 and onwards.
    We see them have a fight where they are evenly matched on the moon. They stop fighting when they realize there's an emergency on Earth. Neither seems worse for wear, so I'd say it was a draw. But again, why is who wins a fight your main criteria for sexism?

They never will for the exact same reason that Doc Samson will never be able to jump the same distance as She-Hulk.

Gamma radiation exposure has never been an "Any Exposure Will Create A Lone Power Set..." proposition.

As for the four characters mentioned?

I could go into Diana, particularly during the "New52..." run where there was far more of what you seem to be saying did not exist than folks would like to admit, but I get the feeling that there would not be much of a point.
    They never will because of sexism. There is no real reason why she should be weaker.

The only thing you will fight in New 52 is more examples of Diana being treated as an ant next to a non holding back superman. Like this.

Superman stronger than all.jpg

Superman stronger than all 2.jpg

Then why didn't they show her holding her own against a non holdsing back sm? They made sure to stop the fight right after he says he won't hold back anymore. While in countless other fights where he goes all out. She is beat or killed by him in 1 or 2 hits. Sure sexism has nothing to do with this long history.
    Because they actually did?

In the next three or four panels, she is still in the fight after Superman is already starting to fight without holding back.

While I guess there might be a "Well, why didn't they make that a longer sequence?..." point?

I don't know that anyone can actually say "Didn't Show Her Holding Her Own Against A 'Non-Holding Back...' Superman?..." when she clearly counters having an object thrown at her by a Superman who is no longer holding back.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    We see them have a fight where they are evenly matched on the moon. They stop fighting when they realize there's an emergency on Earth. Neither seems worse for wear, so I'd say it was a draw. But again, why is who wins a fight your main criteria for sexism?
    There was salmost 0 fighting after he says he wom't hold back. They made sure to stop the fight quickly after he said that. Based on how the other 90% of their fights end witrh superman trashing her easily. You can see why they did that. Face it. She is not treated as an equal to him. 99% he destroys her in one or 2 hits when they fight. Sexism. And she is far from the only exa,mple. Supergirl, Powergirl, she Hylk, Carol etc. Too many examples of women being treated as weakewr next to the alpha males.

They never will because of sexism. There is no real reason why she should be weaker.

The only thing you will fight in New 52 is more examples of Diana being treated as an ant next to a non holding back superman. Like this.

Superman stronger than all.jpg

Superman stronger than all 2.jpg
    If it actually was sexism?

She would have to be weaker than Doc Sampson.

The very fact that she can jump farther than Doc Sampson kicks the legs right out from under any "This Is All Sexism..." assertion.

Because they actually did?

In the next three or four panels, she is still in the fight after Superman is already starting to fight without holding back.

While I guess there might be a "Well, why didn't they make that a longer sequence?..." point?

I don't know that anyone can actually say "Didn't Show Her Holding Her Own Against A 'Non-Holding Back...' Superman?..." when she clearly counters having an object thrown at her by a Superman who is no longer holding back.
    They showed bnothing. He threw something at her. Then they showed her kinda of brawling and the fight stops. That's barely anything. And one semi decent moment vs countless others where he easily trashes is not going to help your case. 99% Diana is shown as totally helpless next to superman. And the other girls face no better either. She Hulk, Carol, Powergirl etc. Always treated as less. And when they start to rise above. Like Carol recently. The sexist start attacking her with all sort of hate comments. Because according to them. She shouldn't be that strong.

If it actually was sexism?

She would have to be weaker than Doc Sampson.

The very fact that she can jump farther than Doc Sampson kicks the legs right out from under any "This Is All Sexism..." assertion.
    Jump farther? Let's see the lifting feats, striking force feats and durability feats where she matches Hulk. Until then......

Past that?

Literally every single instance that we have of gamma radiation exposure that we have seen leads to varying power sets.

That is as "Real..." of a reason as anyone could ask for.

I'm just going to say that now I will stop holding back and will win the argument completely dominating you with facts and points you can't argue against.

And because I just said I'm going to do that, that's proof I can do exactly that.

Jump farther? Let's see the lifting feats, striking force feats and durability feats where she matches Hulk. Until then......
    So, we are going to ignore a clear measure of strength to attempt to create a set of feats that proves an assertion that seems to be on shaky ground?

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    We see Wonder Woman winning. What Superman says after the fact doesn't matter. We don't see it.

"You just kicked my butt, but I could totally beat you if I really wanted to."
    She wasn't winning anything. After he says he won't hold back the fight ends almost right after that. Nothing to say about the other 90% of their battles where he easily trashes her? nothing to ssay about Carol? She hulk etc?