Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Will we ever see S.H.I.E.L.D come back?

It's been a long while since we've seen or heard anything about SHIELD in all the marvel titles. Do y'all think Marvel's gonna bring it back sometime in the near future or are they gonna let it stay gone from here on out?
    Last edited by MacrossPlus; 10-25-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Why yes. Yes we will.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Shortly before the trademark expires, I assume.

Idk I've been enjoying not having super-cops around.

Ever since the movies retooled Captain America into the main cape fighting Hydra, SHIELD have been sort of...redundant? If you ask me--brink back the Da Vinci version and have them be major scheming villains lmao.

MARVEL VS RENAISSANCE when???

I hope not. because then inevitably, you will have the "we have corrupt people" sub-plot, then eventually "Shield has to go down" storyline... AGAIN..

I hope so. Many problems in the Marvel Universe are because SHIELD is not around anymore. Such as this very recent one.

Astonishing Member

I want (non-corrupted) S.H.I.E.L.D. back, not every problem/villain needs superheroes.

Yeah, it feels weird how long we've gone without SHIELD being around. I mean, it got pretty bad in the end thanks to HydraCap and Maria Hill, but it feels wrong to have the Marvel Universe without it.

Who even does SHIELD work any more? Generic government?

If SHIELD does come back ,Maria Hill should not be anywhere near it

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope not. because then inevitably, you will have the "we have corrupt people" sub-plot, then eventually "Shield has to go down" storyline... AGAIN..
    Only if people are not creative. Just look at the "Agents of SHIELD" series, it started in the traditional SHIELD context and then it reinvented itself, several times. Marvel Studios can easily reinvent them again, if they can't or won't just continue the old series. For example... what about a SHIELD series in Brooklyn Nine-Nine style?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I miss those good old days of SHIELD when Steranko was around... And I'd like to see original Nick Fury back in the comics. Wasn't there some talk about that happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I miss those good old days of SHIELD when Steranko was around... And I'd like to see original Nick Fury back in the comics. Wasn't there some talk about that happening?
    He came back in the Slott FF run, but he hasn't been used elsewhere yet.

SHIELD was in operation during Avengers Showdown in ANAD when they used the cosmic cube Kobik to make a prison for super criminals and it created Hydra Cap. After that Steve Rogers dismantled SHIELD and replaced it with Hydra in Secret Empire. But before ANAD, LDV handed SHIELD over to somebody which may have organised in the background, and to me seems to be a combination of SHIELD, Hydra and Leviathan all contending with each other. This may be a representation of the real world USA, Russian Federation and Communist China all vying for position. I wouldn’t mind Hydra turning into Communist China and Leviathan turning into The Russian Federation.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, it feels weird how long we've gone without SHIELD being around. I mean, it got pretty bad in the end thanks to HydraCap and Maria Hill, but it feels wrong to have the Marvel Universe without it.

Who even does SHIELD work any more? Generic government?
    The MU FBI, as well as a new clandestine organization called J.A.N.U.S. that was introduced at the end of the Ravencroft miniseries from two years ago. Then there was that subplot in Brian Bendis's comics during his final months with Marvel that indicated the likes of Blade and Cable were working together and recruiting for "what comes next," but that went nowhere once he left. Kind of like how Rick Remender's All-New Captain America with Sam Wilson had the revelation that the MU hero community had been subverted by HYDRA sleeper agents, which also never got addressed after he left.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    He came back in the Slott FF run, but he hasn't been used elsewhere yet.
    Specifically, the Reckoning War storyline that closed Dan Slott's Fantastic Four run.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The MU FBI, as well as a new clandestine organization called J.A.N.U.S. that was introduced at the end of the Ravencroft miniseries from two years ago. Then there was that subplot in Brian Bendis's comics during his final months with Marvel that indicated the likes of Blade and Cable were working together and recruiting for "what comes next," but that went nowhere once he left. Kind of like how Rick Remender's All-New Captain America with Sam Wilson had the revelation that the MU hero community had been subverted by HYDRA sleeper agents, which also never got addressed after he left.
    Considering barely any other books talk about them...easy to slip by .